It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Shrimps have become parents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My Shrimps had some successful breeding and i see some baby schrimps going around.
Got my action cam on it.. Sometimes you see them or there parents cruise around.

I will stream it live for a while :

Enjoy! : )
edit on 16-3-2018 by EartOccupant because: Turbulance

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Omg so cute!!

Congrats mate!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

tnx!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Congrats man I love aquariums! Got a 100gallon salt water myself currently filled with just corals because my inverts have passed on. I miss my cleaner shrimps after seeing this video they were so cute holding all their eggs. I've always wanted a fluval edge for some fresh water cherry shrimp for my desk.

That's by far the most active and diverse fresh water tank I have ever seen truly amazing man!

edit on 16-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

tnx!

100 g Salt.. Nice! I really enjoy those salty setups!

I prefer the maintenance free kind of setups myself : )
And this is actually my desk aquarium also.. three monitors and a aquarium around me : )

Sometimes i just put one monitor on the aquarium screen as it is a magnification and realy brings out the life you hardly see with the naked eye.

I actually stream it not for views... but so i can monitor my stream when i'm working in another office ; )
edit on 16-3-2018 by EartOccupant because: Vortex anomoly

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Man, that is an active little world!

Dumb question....I'm seeing what look like snail shells, small, cruising fast, back and forth along the bottom, against the glass. Are those the baby shrimp? I thought they were snails at first, cruising along, but looking closer, their "shells" look transparent.

What happened to all of those thin tendril things that were shooting up out of the bottom and waving around like crazy noodle things? From the last time you live-streamed a few weeks ago.

Speaking of that, this is so cool, and for those who didn't see your last thread on this, could you remind us of what you used to start this little world?

Cool!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Now all you need is some lemon, minced garlic, salted butter and Parmesan cheese.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yea the appeal of mine has faded a bit I must admit I want to move all my corals to a nice little bio cube one day and convert my current tank into a cichlid tank.

those little roach guys are fresh water amphipods or isopods I think?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Man, that is an active little world!

Dumb question....I'm seeing what look like snail shells, small, cruising fast, back and forth along the bottom, against the glass. Are those the baby shrimp? I thought they were snails at first, cruising along, but looking closer, their "shells" look transparent.

The Baby Shrimp are since i put up the post not in the picture ( Murphy)
The small crustations with the round shield are not the baby shrimps, i do not know what they are, i call them "Trilobites"after some fossils i have.

What happened to all of those thin tendril things that were shooting up out of the bottom and waving around like crazy noodle things? From the last time you live-streamed a few weeks ago.

Speaking of that, this is so cool, and for those who didn't see your last thread on this, could you remind us of what you used to start this little world?

Cool!!!!!

They wormy wiggly things were going full zombie overtake mode. So i put in a few baby guppies, and they cleaned the place nice in balance.
But if you look carefully they are still there.. smaller and less, and sometimes a free worm comes by as well.

Unfortunate i did not have filmed it, but seeing those baby guppies hunting down the worms was quite a spectacle!

This little world was started with two hands of dirt... one from the garden and one from the bottom of my pond. Added some rocks, and the shrimps... and started watching.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I tried ciclid tank and it turned out even messier, every bit the work if I had been running it salt. Not nearly half as rewarding.
edit on 16-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm no expert... i just assist nature.

I did made an attempt due to request to identify and or translate most of the wild life, and put it in the YT description.
Let me quote it, feel free to correct me were i am wrong.

What's inside? I started with a handful of garden dirt, a few rocks and a handful of pond dirt. After a few days I put in 4 shrimps a year back now. They happily mated and i occasionally take a few out to put in my indoor river. All other animals just popped up/ As for the other creatures, as far as i can tell: - red shrimps ( Update: baby shrimps born!!) - Asellus aquaticus ( GIANT fresh water lobsters ) - occasionally one baby guppy for balance - Some kind of Daphnia - Some kind of worms - Snails - Occasional pop up creature's Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Growing up my dad had a 75 gallon cichlid tank and it's what got me into aquarium keeping to start with I guess he just made it look easy lol thanks for the advice!

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Not bad...

I could also recommend some tagliatelle, garlic, olive oil and Spanish hot peppers... give it a little fry..

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I hope this works this is my baby in her prime

And a close up of the Assuie Duncan's

edit on 16-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Nice colors! Great Setup!

If the cyclids don't work out i would humbly suggest : Go small..no.. even smaller..

Take very small spiecies in groups, schools.. different layers.. thats a lot of fun and natural behavior!

Anyway tnx for sharing!!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I keep staring at the shrimp. Are they edible?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sure, but you will need a lot of them, as they are not very large.

We in the Netherlands actually have very small local saltwater schrimps as a traditional food. But mostlyu not as dinner, But more for salads, coctails etc..

They could make emergency prep food, very easy to keep and breed ( the freshwater ones on the screen) .

edit on 16-3-2018 by EartOccupant because: Flash flood

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Your post inspired me as my tank has fallen a bit into neglect I think I am gunna get back into the hobby again thanks for the inspiration!

edit on 16-3-2018 by Athetos because: Added an r put the a and s together lol

edit on 16-3-2018 by Athetos because: Derp

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That is good to hear! Create something nice, have fun!

I hope you keep us updated!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I did cichlids for a lot of years.

1. over filter

2. weekly water change of 50%

I also never did mbuna and didn't subscribe to overcrowding. I kept Tanganyikans which tend to be slightly less pugnacious.

Someday, when we get our basement redone, I have a 135g that I plan to turn into a Tropheus setup.
edit on 16-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join