It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wildlife board stuffed with trophy hunters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

So a blanket statement without any facts,

incorrect assumptions,

But wait....

The main problem with this is there is a science/natural order behind it all that hunters don't really think (or care) about.

You don't know ANYTHING about hunting do you?

You want to conflate poaching and poachers with hunting and do NOT understand the difference.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Wow, you're way off there. I've always hunted for food. You know stuff to eat.

When it's part of your lifestyle it's part of your income. A couple of bullets and some gas and you have hundreds of lbs. of meat and truly good healthy to eat meat. Here in Alaska where I live it's extremely expensive to live and if not for wild game, many would not make it, in particular those living in remote area's. Should the native Alaskans dump their culture just to placate activist who just make stuff up?

Unfortunately, the strongest and biggest are the trophies, which isn't helping either. Thus weakening the herd, then the species.

OK, you are way, way off there.

The reason you take the older male animals is to NOT impact the herd. Size of antlers for instance is a matter of age. These are older males and culling them leaves the younger stronger males to keep the herd stronger. It has zero impact on the numbers because the younger males who would normally not end up mating, have the opportunity.

Culling a herd, makes for a stronger, healthier herd. What happens is if you have say a mild winter, you have too many of the animals survive and the herd gets too large to survive the next normal winter. It's simple really, there is a finite amount of food. You leave the herd be you end up with massive winter kills and a sickly herd the next spring. You cull the herd, most of them survive and you have a healthy herd of the right size the next spring. It's not rocket science.

How game animals are managed has hundreds of year of experience behind it. You have to also maintain the predator to prey ratio. You let the predators get out of hand, they decimate the herd.

Saying hunters are not qualified is like saying "Carpenters to build a house? Give me a break."

The fact you don't understand about why the older larger animals are culled says to me, there are no real facts behind your opinion.

Here's some factual information on game management.

You have also never been exposed to the hunting community it would seem or you would know the best protection against poachers are hunters. Hunters want healthy herds to guarantee a food supply in the future and we consider poachers to be the enemy and game management people to be our friends.

It's sad there is so much bad information and so many bad opinions based on zero facts out there.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Me thinks the source is taking liberties with the word "trophy". The best people to conserve something are the ones who rely on it. Be it for food or sport. They have a better grasp of the situation.

Much like these bleeding hearts upset adout the mustangs in Nevada. If you are so upset adopt a mustang...

But for god sake please stop with the virtue signalling!!! It's actually becoming counterproductive.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Blaine; you're wrong on one important point. African horned animals do not shed their horns, yearly. My trophy Kudu Bull started out with just a bit of a spiral twist, and year by year, his horn grew out in a spiral. My P.H. showed me how you can look straight down through those spiral horns into his eye. He is prepared by evolution to see exactly where he's going to gore you, from the moment his horns first sprouted from his skull.

Spiral horns, or tusks, may break off, but they will never, ever, get into a male African animal's line of sight.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

I'm confused? I did not post anything about what they could see or horns vs antlers?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky
Doubtful all of them combined would top Teddy R and Son....www.vox.com...
Most of the Wildlife and Conservation orgs are tied into Agenda 21. It would be a refreshing change to stop all this Agenda21 nonsense for a while. I for one am tired of the Pikar Bears falling from the skies and other such propaganda from the Al Gore and Club of Rome Elites.
edit on 18-3-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

you never know cause the new panel still has a road ahead of themselves.

perhaps a champion of reason and logic will emerge from among the bunch

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

o i c

let's kill the elephants so that africans can get a better wifi signal while ignoring the lives of the people that will be killed along with the animals simply cause the spiritual connections are invisible to most.

If you do not believe in the unseen connections i speak of and want a first hand account of such then just go kill a protected animal out of season without a license and watch as the universe answers the ignorance.

You should tell that to Obama who wanted to get very remote South American tribes connected in his scheme to promote Broadband Internet everywhere on American Taxpayer dime and one has to wonder why and what species go by the wayside if that happened. But never mind let's just focus on evil Trump some more. Ryan Zinke by the way is from my neck of the proverbial woods, where anyone could be assaulted by a bear or other such wildlife and where ranchers have to protect their herds from more recently reintroduced wolves imported from Canada.
edit on 18-3-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

yep

we are reaching the same conclusions

I have much hope for ryans enki but turning the will of those who seek to destroy is a big task

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I can respect people who hunt for food and take only what they need, but I have total contempt for people who hunt for any other reason.
edit on 18-3-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I said this in the last thread on trump and his rich hunting pals and about him relaxing export laws on wild elephant from Africa

this is a #ing joke !

A person who studies the animals would be better to conserve them than a person who wants to shoot them and put their heads on their wall , where the missing animals head for their collection lies !

Trump is just pandering to his rich hunting buddies for campaign support , no other reason

put an actual animal conservationist , someone who has studied all their lives for the protection of animal species
not someone who needs that final head on their trophy wall !

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

And another one who doesn't know anything about hunting So outraged...so, so outraged.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

How do you get I know nothing about hunting from my post ?

Sport hunters, arent in the business of conservation they kill for "sport"

wildlife conservationists study the protection of animals and their habitats, their behaviours , their diets
everything about the animal , not just how to track it and kill it.

and before you reply saying I know nothing about hunting , my friend is game keeper in Scotland and culls nearly 2000 deer a year for conservation of the national parks and other species which are impacted by the deer , and Ive spent time around hunters and been hunting before myself for game birds.
So just keep making assumptions about everyone and your stance that unless you are a hunter based on your say so , then we know nothing about hunting.

As I have said before there is a huge difference , between hunting to support your family , sport hunting , and conservation culls. Humans who hunt for food , use a species which are in abundance and are not on the WWF "endangered" or "at risk" species list , any asshole who sport hunts an "at danger" or "endangered" species deserves to be thrown in jail.

edit on 20-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

seems that their only defence is to claim they hold some secret knowledge that no one but a killer is privy to.

+ is the act of combining numbers
- is the act of taking from numbers

if you are not in surplus of numbers then it is wise to add and not subtract

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

seems that their only defence is to claim they hold some secret knowledge that no one but a killer is privy to.

Nonsense

Some of us are simply pointing out that most hunters are ethical, hunters are poachers worst enemy and most with experience in game management are hunters themselves. Which is true.

I also pointed out that in my opinion the WWF, which is the go to group for activists, wastes huge amounts of money before a dime gets to a cause and that the so called animal protectors are highly paid, not do gooders.

To know if the choices were bad or good, you would have to know each one personally and judge each person separately. Unless of course its just partisan crap.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

yes there has been some logic come from the hunters and it helps greatly but the kneejerk that keeps happening is the divide between the two groups. In all fairness and a real push for a turn around in the overall numbers would come from a group made up of both sides of the fence.

It amazes me how quick some point out the flaws in eachother rather than seeking out the similarities. This is a reflection of the ones who have a strong arm on the debate floor. The admin is kicking the can while continuing to subtract from the overall numbers.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well the problem might be in finding qualified people who are not hunters. No activist should ever sit in a seat of authority about anything and they would have to be filtered out. Imagine what would happen if say a closet PETA activist or Earth First nut sneaked on the board.

The problem of what right do we have to dictate the laws in another country is also front and center.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

some would argue very much that hunters are activist

they would be correct

i am available

but in the real world of 300million peeps i am sure there is someone out there that knows how to add

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
How bout an xo that states that for every trophy taken one has to be released.

That would currently put the proverbial can in a neutral place.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

People who hunt for food to supplement their incomes are activists? If you say so
Preserving the status quo is not activism.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join