It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wildlife board stuffed with trophy hunters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
USA Today

WASHINGTON — A new U.S. advisory board created to help rewrite federal rules for importing the heads and hides of African elephants, lions and rhinos is stacked with trophy hunters, including some members with direct ties to President Trump and his family.

So we seem to be leaving it up to the predators to protect the herds.

Seems like a long shot but we are living now in a strange place.

The first meeting of the International Wildlife Conservation Council was scheduled for Friday at the Interior Department’s headquarters in Washington. Council members aren’t being paid a salary, though the department has budgeted $250,000 in taxpayer funds for travel expenses, staff time and other costs.

From the outside it sounds like they have a budget to take a hunting trip.

I hope that this is one of those times when things look worse than they are.

Many know i see a very different side to things and i wish that jr. could see the spiritual damage this is having on his family.

To me the problem with the excuse of let's kill em so the others can grow is flawed cause those big game areas lack the conservation infrastructure that other areas have had when using hunting to manage populations.

I do not think that this gets better through faux outrage from above.

I believe that the whole debate is on it's last leg and if meaningful changes are not purposed quickly then we will see much deterioration of all those involved.

Save your family said the giraffe.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Hunters know more about conservation than the regular layman who takes the woods and whats in it for granted.
I'd trust a hunter would be more qualified than a book worm.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I am not buying that cause the average hunter that speaks on the subject does not even consider the difference between the conservation structure here vs there.

When someone purposes that we kill endangered species to cull the herd without purposing changes to the management ways first then...

Ask all those around us if they let the predators of their areas define the borders of their land.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No surprises, his ugly assed eldest sons are trophy hunting low life scum.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Hunters know more about conservation than the regular layman who takes the woods and whats in it for granted.

Dammit. You beat me to it! Curse you, you mean, evil moderator, you!

Probably WAY more qualified.
Class dismissed, OP, but I'll see you bright and early Monday morning!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The hunters goal is to kill and to give them the reigns and say knock yourselves out with all the fun you are gonna have is simply crazy.

Now if i were in charge i would possible have the same crew that trump set up but i would make clear that not one single animal gets imported until population grows by 10% and there is a clear path forward for endangered species.

See what i done there i gave them incentive cause currently their only incentive is that if they keep hunting then in 5 yrs the animals will be extinct.

Most will not respond as well to that as they would having a goal to meet then allowing hunts to continue.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Dammit. You beat me to it! Curse you, you mean, evil moderator, you!

Probably WAY more qualified.
Class dismissed, OP, but I'll see you bright and early Monday morning!

classic a race to ignorrance

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I am not saying these guys are good for the environment..

BUT; I remember the fight in northern Florida over Black bears, the environmental nut cases won and the hunting season was suspended.

Now they have a black bear problem in north florida, any person that hunted the area could have told the state that the black bear population was far from endangered.

Sometimes the hunters have a much better idea of reahlity than the from the couch environmentalists.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This is exactly as it should be. Hunters stand to lose the most if the resource is improperly managed, thus the fact that hunters manage wildlife far better than any non or antihunter ever could.

Look at it this way, do you put someone with zero medical industry experience in charge of healthcare? Anyone want to see an individual who didn't attend law school nominated to the SCOTUS? Would anyone in their right mind hire someone who hates rock music to be the morning DJ on a metal station?

Those of us who hunt have more skin in the wildlife management game, by far, than those who simply fall into the "Oh, look, a Nat Geo video of a deer" crowd.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

How is that working out for jr's family?

I have love for all and wish someone would intervene.

Another broken home.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
The hunters goal is to kill

The hunter's goal is the hunt, of which the kill is just one part. The killer's goal is the kill, alone. Hunters want to hunt annually and, more important, pass their passion down to their descendants. Can't do that if the resource has been improperly managed to the point of extinction/threatened status.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is exactly as it should be. Hunters stand to lose the most if the resource is improperly managed, thus the fact that hunters manage wildlife far better than any non or antihunter ever could.

Look at it this way, do you put someone with zero medical industry experience in charge of healthcare? Anyone want to see an individual who didn't attend law school nominated to the SCOTUS? Would anyone in their right mind hire someone who hates rock music to be the morning DJ on a metal station?

Those of us who hunt have more skin in the wildlife management game, by far, than those who simply fall into the "Oh, look, a Nat Geo video of a deer" crowd.

What is your example of a hunter managing wildlife better than others without proper conservation structure in place.

Why not address my points i raise in the op rather than another regurgitated opinion thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

There's a difference between hunting animals that are in abundance and hunting endangered species , endangered species are endangered for a reason and that reason normally involves Humans.

Trophy hunting big game is a thing of the past and should no longer be allowed in the 21st century , when it's gone it's gone.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The hunters goal is to kill

The hunter's goal is the hunt, of which the kill is just one part. The killer's goal is the kill, alone. Hunters want to hunt annually and, more important, pass their passion down to their descendants. Can't do that if the resource has been improperly managed to the point of extinction/threatened status.

you are not seeing clearly and are basing your emotional spill without viewing all the angles.

let me ask you this?

When is the last time a hunter got an adrenaline rush from creating management structures?

There is no pay off physically speaking in protecting species but if you say here hunt but at some point you need to conserve then what is the body gonna tell the mind to do?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Actually, we are. Thanks to the Pittman-Robertson Act, federal waterfowl stamp requirements, and large contributions to various wildlife conservation organizations, sportsmen fund the majority of conservation efforts nationwide.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Actually, we are. Thanks to the Pittman-Robertson Act, federal waterfowl stamp requirements, and large contributions to various wildlife conservation organizations, sportsmen fund the majority of conservation efforts nationwide.

[SNIPPED]

Have you still not found the basis for my thought that i have laid out several times so far?

The conservation structure that we have in the usa does not exist in the same form in other countries and until we as hunters make the changes then we are just pissing in the wind. over and over.
edit on Fri Mar 16 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

When is the last time a hunter got an adrenaline rush from creating management structures?

There is no pay off physically speaking in protecting species but if you say here hunt but at some point you need to conserve then what is the body gonna tell the mind to do?

You obviously don't know jack SNIP about this topic. Visit your local Fish & Game office and ask to speak to any of the hunting or fishing activity coordinators. Ask if you can talk to their volunteer habitat restoration teams, which are made up universaly of the folks who use the resource (hunters and fishermen). You'll see the passion for conservation and restoration. There's adrenaline in that.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am a life long hunter, my reference was towards the people appointed to the board, quite often those people are out of touch that do guided hunts.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Sigh. Do you have any comments that are actually relevant? Or just go directly into personal attacks?

Hunters are smart. They also have ACTUAL experience in the wild, and also tend to have a much more intimate understanding of conservation on any level. You just can't get real world experience from a book.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Believe it or not most hunters are responsible..Trophy hunters are a different type of hunter..not feeling them at all..I look forward to the pictures..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join