It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In UK, if you hate, you are guilty of a crime.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
www.met.police.uk...

If someone does something that isn’t a criminal offence but the victim, or anyone else, believes it was motivated by prejudice or hate, we would class this as a ‘hate incident’. Though what the perpetrator has done may not be against the law, their reasons for doing it are. This means it may be possible to charge them with an offence.

The UK is really taking Proverbs 4:23 seriously, even to the point of making sure that your thoughts run, or ruin, your life.

Straight out of George Orwell's, 1984: “The most gifted of [the Proletariate], who might possibly become a nuclei of discontent, are simply marked down by the Thought Police and eliminated.”

Though I don't agree with U.S. hate crime law, at least you have to commit an actual crime to be charged with a hate crime!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

From the FBI website:

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

BIG difference.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Someone should report the UK government.
Apparently they hate their citizens enough to pass legislation like this backed up by millions of CCTV cameras.
They can always see and hear you, they know what's in your mind and will punish you for it.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
www.met.police.uk...

If someone does something that isn’t a criminal offence but the victim, or anyone else, believes it was motivated by prejudice or hate, we would class this as a ‘hate incident’. Though what the perpetrator has done may not be against the law, their reasons for doing it are. This means it may be possible to charge them with an offence.

The UK is really taking Proverbs 4:23 seriously, even to the point of making sure that your thoughts run, or ruin, your life.

Straight out of George Orwell's, 1984: “The most gifted of [the Proletariate], who might possibly become a nuclei of discontent, are simply marked down by the Thought Police and eliminated.”

Though I don't agree with U.S. hate crime law, at least you have to commit an actual crime to be charged with a hate crime!

Intent.

Shades of Hillary!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Straight out of George Orwell's 1984

It's truly a Frightening Prospect...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
[

The bit you left out,

Verbal abuse,

'Verbal abuse, threats or name-calling can be a common and extremely unpleasant experience for minority groups. Victims of verbal abuse are often unclear whether an offence has been committed or believe there is little they can do. However, there are laws in place to protect you from verbal abuse.
If you’ve been the victim of verbal abuse, talk to the police or one of our partner organisations about what has happened. You’ll find a list of them on our How to report hate crime page. Even if you don’t know who verbally abused you, the information could still help us to improve how we police the area where the abuse took place.'

Not that big a difference at all, just a sensible measured approach.
No person would want to be abused verbally day in and day out, and most other right-minded people wouldn't like the idea of anyone being verbally abused day in and day out either..and as you can see the police take a statistical, strategic stance to the matter as well. You're blowing stuff out of proportion.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

For sure. However, think about ANTIFA or several celebrities "envisioning violence" for a moment with the following:

The offence of incitement to hatred occurs when someone acts in a way that is threatening and intended to stir up hatred. That could be in words, pictures, videos, music, and includes information posted on websites.

Hate content may include: messages calling for violence against a specific person or group web pages that show pictures, videos or descriptions of violence against anyone due to their perceived differences chat forums where people ask other people to commit hate crimes against a specific person or group

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Think correctly and fall in line or get arrested plebs. The government knows best

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

... However, there are laws in place to protect you from verbal abuse....

Not that big a difference at all, just a sensible measured approach.
No person would want to be abused verbally day in and day out, and most other right-minded people wouldn't like the idea of anyone being verbally abused day in and day out either..and as you can see the police take a statistical, strategic stance to the matter as well. You're blowing stuff out of proportion.

No, smurfy, I'm not blowing it out of proportion. Any time that police can arrest you for thinking something, something is wrong!

While I agree that nobody want to be verbally abused, there are laws for that. See your own post.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure government approved hate is still OK. No one will be arrested for hating Russians (currently) or Brexiters.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So if you wear a hat that reads "F EVERYBODY", is that tantamount to you being on par with a mass murderer?

And now how do we apply this precedent to politicians whom are addicted to warmongering (people being blown up by the thousands as a routine)?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Something isn't a criminal offense, but we'll charge you with an offense anyway... Jeez..

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
And this is why we fight so hard over here for things such as the Bill of Rights, most notably the 2nd.

They would have a really hard time passing something like that over here. If they did, they would have a harder time enforcing it without fear of repercussion.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The problem is is that its the recording of the complaint has gone from just being something thats nice for the stats to something that will keep the police in their jobs which is why in the UK theres been a general move for peoples reports to be considered 'violent' .

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

That's not even about the perpetrator hating though.

The problem with this is that I could see a man, he could say something to me, not even being hateful about it, and if I decide he was being hateful because I hated hearing it, I could accuse him of a hate crime.

No one can talk freely to anyone under this kind of law because how can you know from person to person what someone will interpret as hate?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So if you wear a hat that reads "F EVERYBODY", is that tantamount to you being on par with a mass murderer?

And now how do we apply this precedent to politicians whom are addicted to warmongering (people being blown up by the thousands as a routine)?

Only for the ones who decided you were being hateful to them. If I decided you were just in a bad mood, then you didn't murder me.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Okay, then just dont wear a shirt that says "I HATE PEOPLE". Otherwise when you go outside and the angry mob attacks, punches you for being a "Nazi", when the cops show up you'll be charged with "Attempted Murder". If that happens, at least you'll be able to plea deal it down to "Attempted MANslaughter".

Most of all, never forget how the inherent double standard in this thing works: people that hate people that hate came up with this whole charade.

edit on 16-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Do you not have legs to walk away? Fingers to plug your ears?

I am baffled by your line of thought. There is no difference. The UK will prosecute thought crime.

What happened to you guys? The hard nosed Brits my grandfather knew...where are they???

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
#bravetohate

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join