It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome: Developer Creates a VR Version of Street Fighter II: Real World Warrior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Savvy developer uses Apple's ARKit to create augmented reality Street Fighter game that brings virtual brawls to life
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Augmented reality is widely expected to revolutionize navigation, shopping and communicating, among many other things.

As it turns out, most people really just want to use the groundbreaking technology to play Capcom's Street Fighter in real life.

Street Fighter II: Real World Warrior lets users play the game on a busy street, on top of tables and in parking lots.

It can be played on an iPhone, but the game isn't actually available on the App Store, so you can't download it yet.

To play, one user sets up the stage by pointing their phone at a flat surface.

Now this is very cool! I have always wondered when this would happen...it would make the gaming community even more excited to play this kind of stuff especially how popular the SNES was popular on the tv.

Now when parents say go play outside, this will mean a whole new thing

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Damn, they swelled up Chun Li's thighs so much they're frightening.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

GDI it is slow...

I know, i know, it’s on a phone and new.. but yea, those people couldn’t even play it lol.

The possibilities for this are really cool though.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

GDI it is slow...

It is like pong right now..give another year or 2 and the speed and graphics will be totally different as technology progresses.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is this heaven?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

GDI it is slow...

It is like pong right now..give another year or 2 and the speed and graphics will be totally different as technology progresses.

Ah stop lol, we have the tech. It just needs better development and coding. The platform may be an issue. But the tech is out there...Maybe I'm just parsing words.

SF2 Turbo was my sh!t. I'm excited for this.

This could really revolutionize training.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Augmented reality games have a lot of potential... still nothing mind blowing has been released yet

Im still playin Pokemon Go

top topics

join