It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Great White Shark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Not sure really where to post this but it deserves a look based on the sheer size of this monster shark. I've witnessed a Great White in the ocean while on a dive in the southern US waters. We were down approximately 50 feet above a wreck and I was filming my mates on the dive below. For whatever reason I panned up into the clear blue water and literally 2 seconds later I noticed a massive shadow moving towards me appear out of nowhere at my depth level. Hollywood could not have set this up any better. A massive 15 foot female Great White appeared approximately 15 meters from me and turned broadside towards me very slowly. I could feel her black eye sizing me up. She was only curious. Non-aggressive in the least. Just wanted to know what I was. I stayed frozen for what seemed like an eternity while she drifted out of sight back into the blue water where she never appeared again.

Today I randomly run across this article and immediately I think of my encounter. The one in these shots is unbelievably massive.

Link to Original Article: www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 16-3-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Is that one of those camera angle tricks? I know they can get big but damm.. Like I needed another reason to not swim in the ocean..

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It's a big shark, but it appears that big because its closer to the camera. In this case the lens is a misleading.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

cool video at the link of huge sharks "attacking" a sub.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Those are photoshop.

But you really should have posted this in the "Pets" forum. That've light this thread ablaze this time of night.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I'd jump that!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've had a 14 or 15 foot tiger shark check me out while I was in a 10 foot kayak.
Talk about puckering the old sphincter.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
15' would be in the pretty normal size range for a female white. Though, I'm pretty sure the largest ones are more around 20 feet. I remember hearing in Guiness' world records, that the biggest was over 30' long, but that sounds a bit dubious. At that length, it's more like a dang Megaladon!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL..."pets"

That is not a photoshop. There are multiple other pics of this dive. Some of it is camera angle but that is a large school of jack fish swimming around and those are right on par for their natural size and based off of my own personal in water account of a white I would say this one was at least 20 feet.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The closest I've got so far is playing Ocean Rift. Being in a virtual shark cage for me was enough ...

www.oceanarium.co.uk...

360 movies are cool too...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Unnamed EU officials say that the EU is capable of mind controlling sharks into attacking people that the EU intelligence services do not like ... Would you believe that ?

top topics

join