It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How YouTube Censorship Affects Me - Willy And Electric Six

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Pearj

A YouTube channel dedicated to mycology is shut down, and I am willing to bet that it did not show actual usage of psychedelics, someone being high, or anything of the sort.

And yet, there are numerous channels featuring people actively smoking pot recreationally, doing just the most enormous, almost comedy sized bong rips, getting their flabbers well and truly ghasted as quickly as possible, just for kicks, all on camera. Now, pot may be in a legal grey area, what with it only being legal in some states, and only medically legal in some states, and totally prohibited in others, and of course, magic mushrooms are not legal anywhere in the states, as far as I can make out.

But, and here is the kicker, explaining what a mushroom is, how it differs from others, and going through an educational topic in a scientific manner, is very different to just sitting down in front of a camera, and just getting absolutely trashed on pot. I personally believe that pot and shrooms should be legal for sale, to possess, and to do so all across the world. But, in terms of the double standard being applied here by YouTube, theres something dead fishy about the decision to eliminate that channel.

You nailed it, and I agree with your stance..

I've seen every one of Willy's videos (tons, gone now). He pushed awareness and safety. He gave the science behind an array of cultivation methods, history on species, print identification and spore preservation, vendor and product reviews. Much of the info applied to the very precise field of Mycopia in general - which for those that don't know, applies to all types of mushrooms (legal or otherwise). An entire industry is formed around enthusiasts, home hobbyists, and large and small scale growers (what you eat from the store and restaurants).

There were never any names, no faces and no usage. He didn't sell anything. He was trying to get the word out in a responsible; accurate way, and was adult about it.

On some of those other channels I listed; you can watch people snortin' stuff, dropping all kinds of 'research chemicals', full trip reports etc, all right in front of the camera... all the while giving the viewer info on how to acquire potentially dangerous stuff and rarely a warning. That doesn't include all the channels dedicated growing and/or use of MJ which isn't legal everywhere yet.

The point was why Willy and not the others that are far 'worse'? I don't see any issue with age restricting the content - it should be - which would solve the problem if they were worried about safety or morality.

They didn't do that. They deleted all his content without warning - yet continue setting a precedence for allowing content that ignores their TOS (similar and conceptually worse 'violations').

There is something fishy about it..

One of the things Willy covered was 'micro-dosing' - a very tiny daily dose via capsule to help with depression and other ailments. He suggesting logging it, and gave information on how to make sure the dose is correctly measured. Micro-dosing has become very popular over the years as a home remedy and has reach outside 'the community' with people reporting real results and never advocating inebriation.

Could that be why? It's a little 'tinfoil-hat', but could big pharma be one of the hands in Google's pocket?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Attention -

If you can't post on topic or in a civil manner, move on or you may well be Posting Banned.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Bwahahahaha

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

There's censorship everywhere my friends.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Its perfectly possible.

Pharma is losing the pot war. Perhaps they have moved on to other alternatives, clamping down on other routes a person might take to "cure what ails" them, no matter whether its the curse of sickness, or the curse of mere sobriety.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join