It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions mulling firing FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe before he retires

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is considering firing top FBI official Andrew McCabe before he officially retires from the bureau in a few days, a move that could deprive the outgoing deputy director of pension benefits, Fox News has confirmed.

Link To Article

Someone should be watching McCabe right now. His options look bleak and being a rat probably wouldn't work out well either... Just Sayin.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

It would be 100% justified for this criminal to be fired. I had always thought Trump trolled McCabe shortly after he "retired" pretty much foreshadowing Trump was going to axe him before his retirement date.

Why do we continue to pay the pensions for criminals?

edit on 14-3-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

It would be 100% justified for this criminal to be fired. I had always thought Trump trolled McCabe shortly after he "retired" pretty much foreshadowing Trump was going to axe him before his retirement date.

Wow, I wasn't even aware that he was charged with a crime. What crime was he found guilty of?

Investigating the Trump campaign?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Valid point and I shouldn't convict him before or if he is ever tried. However, where there is smoke there is fire. We can debate the unethical conduct of McCabe and his past actions which in my opinion is criminal.

I am hoping he is investigated for lying about illegally leaking information to the media which is a crime. Something Comey should also be charged with as he has gone on record and admitted to leaking sensitive information to the press.

You cannot have supposed "independents" in roles of law enforcement with political agendas. Left or right does not matter. We as a society cannot allow this.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So NOW you want to use the "Innocent until proven guilty" defense?

You're joking, right?

Double standard much?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The original article I saw on Daily Caller said THIS:

dailycaller.com...

1) The FBI is calling for former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to be fired
2)McCabe came under scrutiny for his handling of the investigation into the Clinton Foundation
3)Attorney General Jeff Sessions is likely to fire McCabe

To me this is the real news. The FBI is recommending that McCabe be fired. That's the claim Daily caller is making.

Trump tweets about it, too.

Sounds real.

This means only one thing...

"If true, he's guilty of crimes.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This subject is already under discussion, TonyCodes.

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

FBI agents are federal service employees and it's not easy to rid yourself of a bad one. Trump isn't calling the shot on this one although I am sure he agrees with it.

Nice try to derail the thread with the barb Trumps way but the recommendation for the McCabe dismissal comes from the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility. Their recommendation is based on an internal report by the Inspector General which states McCabe mislead an investigation and failed to report conflicts of interest. It is also alleged that McCabe changed other investigators 302 forms.

So the crime he committed is called lying and he is alleged to have actually changing the outcome of other investigations by changing sworn statements of other investigators. So no valid point, just more Trump Derangement Syndrome.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Fk him.

Fire all these assholes.

Take their pensions.

Even lois lerner. take it away and lock her up.

holder needs jail time too'

Comey is on a book tour?! '

Lock his ass up too.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

What was his crime?
Having a wife who DARED to run as a democrat?
The I.G. report is not out yet . But even if it is found that he was in the wrong (he disputes it) lack of candor is a firable offense but it's not a crime. Shakes head.
Go back to the shallow end before you get hurt.
He also is entitled to some kind of hearing and that will probably put him past Sunday anyway.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yup they chime in just because it's politics without a clue what the issue is.
Or you know ...
Every dem is a criminal.
Didn't trump ask him if he voted for him?

This is nothing but trump being a dick.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Sweety he didn't commit a crime. There won't be a trial.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Why everybody who gets fired has committed a crime?
What faulty logic.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Nice try to derail the thread with the barb Trumps way but the recommendation for the McCabe dismissal comes from the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility. Their recommendation is based on an internal report by the Inspector General which states McCabe mislead an investigation and failed to report conflicts of interest. It is also alleged that McCabe changed other investigators 302 forms

The report isn't out yet. You have no idea. But nice try. No it's not alleged that McCabe changed any 302 forms. Or mislead an investigation. He was accused of speaking to reporters about the Clinton investigation.
Trump wants him out because the year before his wife had an unsuccessful run for the Virginia senate and took donations from a Pac formed by Terry McCauliffe. That's his real crime...being a democrat.

edit on 3152018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is considering firing top FBI official Andrew McCabe before he officially retires from the bureau in a few days, a move that could deprive the outgoing deputy director of pension benefits, Fox News has confirmed.

Link To Article

Someone should be watching McCabe right now. His options look bleak and being a rat probably wouldn't work out well either... Just Sayin.

Sessions needs to follow the recommendation of the OPR and terminate McCabe.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He leaked investigative material to a media outlet. He did commit a crime by doing that. He also broke the law when he mislead congress in hearings on the topic IE he lied - blatantly and also by omission.

During the internal investigation by the IG McCabe lied to investigators.

Now here is the kicker. McCabe, using the basics, probably cannot be prosecuted for lying to investigators since it came about from an internal affairs investigation. Generally speaking information obtained during those investigations is restricted under Garrity (statements provided cant be used in a criminal prosecution against the person).

Thats based on publicly available info though and we dont have the complete IG report for McCabe.

With that said McCabe did in fact violate several laws.
edit on 15-3-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

According to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility and Director Ward he is accused in the IG report he is accused of changing 302 forms, misleading IG investigators which is lying, and failing to report conflicts of interest on both the Clinton investigation and the Russian investigation. If one cannot handle the truth, perhaps one should just STOP trying

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I never knew you were such an insider that you know for a fact he never committed a crime.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

originally posted by: Outlier13

Wow, I wasn't even aware that he was charged with a crime. What crime was he found guilty of?

Investigating the Trump campaign?
We don't know exactly yet...Apparently the DOJ Inspector General after investigating the organization highly recommended getting McCabe out of the reigns of power, and pronto...McCabe was fired but was kept on the employee roster which seems a tad unusual...That move protects his pension...Sounds like it was an illegitimate maneuver...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Just remember, if the democrat nominee had won the election then McCabe would be getting promoted right now.
edit on 15-3-2018 by DBCowboy because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join