It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Person with gun reported on Northwestern campus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Full title: Person with gun reported on Northwestern campus in Evanston

Breaking 12 minutes ago..

According to a tweet sent out by @NorthwesternU an incident took place at Engelhart Hall, a graduate student dormitory - it is unclear what the status of the situation is at this time. Engelhart Hall is on the corner of Emerson Street and Maple Avenue in Evanston, Illinois.

They are currently on lockdown... Authorities are ordering students and people on campus to seek shelter, and others should stay away from Northwestern University Campus at this time.

Both Evanston and Northwestern University police are on the scene.

I found a parent on twitter posting text message exchange with her daughter, where her daughter says "she's currently experiencing a lock down drill", and was still on the lockdown 3 minutes ago: twitter.com...

Students are being told to shelter in place after a person with a gun was reported on Northwestern University’s Evanston campus Wednesday afternoon.

The university issued an alert at 2:39 p.m. warning anyone on campus to seek shelter and warning others to stay away from the campus. Authorities were investigating an incident at Englehart Hall.

Link

2nd Link: wgntv.com...

There haven't been any updates for a bit - that parent who tweeted (linked above) posted an update her daughter sent with a pic of them huddled on the ground in the classroom (that's what it looks like anyway): [url=https://twitter.com/dcopaken/status/974017638929190912]"tweet"[/url

UPDATE:

Only individuals in the Engelhart Hall dorm have been ordered to remain sheltered in place. The rest of Northwestern "does not need to remain behind closed doors" anymore.

I would think with that a shooter at large, this would not be the case. Perhaps they are just keeping Engelhart on lockdown for safe measures at this point? I hope everyone is okay...
edit on 14-3-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They need to alert the parents stat.

Have them lawyer up because their tuition isn't being paid to take place in the school backed gun control mission going on right now.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
All of these instances and reports going on at the exact same time as the fake protests put together by the schools, using students as political puppets... It's almost as if something is afoot.....

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Are we certain it's not simply a patriot exercising his 2nd amendment right to fight oppression and tyranny? That is the reason they have all them guns anyway, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This gun control issue will not end well. Civil War is a very real possibility.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Seems as if there is more being reported in the media lately.

There were 65 shootings in 2017, I didn't know that.

www.abc15.com...

Not sure if links have the latest few included.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

On average, 1300 children and teenagers are murdered by guns every year in this country.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit
The person with the gun, are they even brandishing it?? It is probably a fabricated drill just to keep people on edge about guns and build that irrational emotional mob mentality reaction to the audience to get them rabid about jumping on the treasonous rampage of banning the second amendment.

A college is full of adults. If there was any threat here, some other adult who should be armed will hopefully do more than take a cover position or cower in a fetal position and wait to die.

For all we know, this could just be a regular guy who was carrying concealed and somebody saw it, and he is hunkering down too because he does not even realize he is the gunman people are searching for!

Colleges have become idiots. They should just allow all students nationwide who are 18 years old to conceal carry on campus, then whenever "someone with a gun" is seen there would be no need to hit the sky is falling panic button as if Armageddon has arrived with network news just waiting to pounce on the bodies before they are cold and run exploitation pieces on the order of whoever their anti-American masters are pushing the gun control agenda though the Global engagement center for propaganda against the American public run currently by the CIA, as the CIA is now the secretary of state.

If a legal government propaganda agency is to be headed by the Secretary of State, and the SOS is currently the CIA, than by default, all media in America right now can be assumed to be running psy ops and information war against the citizens by the CIA. Because the CIA primarily exists to facilitate all illegal activities on behalf of the government in the dark.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yea, along with many other things too.
I just wonder why we are hearing about every single one now?
I enjoy taking the kids out shooting, it irks me that the stupidity of a few might ruin it for many legal and responsible people.
I have no answers to fix the situation, other than teach them young to be caring and responsible.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I just wonder why we are hearing about every single one now?

Ratings.

link   
Chicago Trib saying no evidence of any shots fired on campus

link   

teach them young to be caring and responsible.

Honestly before puberty is best for learning about shooting sports.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Chicago Trib saying no evidence of any shots fired on campus

Perhaps a false-alarm, knee-jerk report?

UPDATE:

Only Engelhart dorm is still on lockdown by the sounds of it, rest of Northwestern is no longer on lockdown
edit on 14-3-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

teach them young to be caring and responsible.

Honestly before puberty is best for learning about shooting sports.

Mine youngest are 9 and 10 oldest is 29.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

On average, 1300 children and teenagers are murdered by guns every year in this country.

Citation please. Please note that if it's from any organization backed by Bloomberg, they're notorious for cooking the numbers in their favor, so no, they don't count.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I almost have to ask says who?
That's a big problem with stats these days, they are all adjusted for narratives.

Or, are you saying that number is extremely low?

How does it compare with say scooter and bike deaths by head injury and roadkills.

I don't really feel like looking up the stats, but I guarantee the numbers are lower than prescription drug deaths with kids.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I almost have to ask says who?
That's a big problem with stats these days, they are all adjusted for narratives.

Or, are you saying that number is extremely low?

How does it compare with say scooter and bike deaths by head injury and roadkills.

I don't really feel like looking up the stats, but I guarantee the numbers are lower than prescription drug deaths with kids.

Of course they aren't adjusted or analyzed. Doing that wouldn't support the gun grabber narrative. It is far more emotional and sensational to just claim 1300 children killed every year than to actually do any real analyses of causes, demographics, or anything that might actually be useful in studying and understanding the problem.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ha!

3,000 babies were murdered just today!

Just like 3,000 yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that.

www.worldometers.info...

According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.

In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion [1] , there are over 3,000 abortions per day. Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies in the USA (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion. [2]

Seriously, the Democrats don't give a crap about human life.... just disarming us...

edit on 14-3-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Seriously, the Democrats don't give a crap about human life.... just disarming us...

Probably because the unborn cannot vote. So, therefore, they are useless to their party.

They do have their standards, you know.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
wgn

EVANSTON, Ill. — Police said they found no evidence after reports of shots fired on the Northwestern University campus.

edit on 14-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join