It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your sick, take a sick leave. DON'T COME TO OFFICE.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin
Well, I do understand your concern, but not everyone works at a place where taking off is a viable course.

I can't afford to take off work. We're barely making it as it is when I manage to get a scheduled 35-37 hours a week. If I take a day off, we'll be in serious trouble for that pay period. I'm part-time. No paid sick days for me.

Secondly, we have a system where you have to go online and submit a sickness report, then the managers email you back to tell you if it's allowable for you to not show up. It may be denied if others called in or the schedule is short staffed that day. There has been more than one employee told to come in despite being ill.

A couple of the managers have the view that if they come to work sick and can be 'productive' then everyone else should do so as well. Cuz all us worker drones are alike, right?

edit on 3/14/2018 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
double post

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The employees that take sick leave are generally the next ones in line for a lay-off

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My husband would LOVE it if people would quit coming in sick, because he ends up sick occasionally because of it. The problem is he's a department head, and CAN'T stay home when he's sick because nobody else can do his job. He has clearance to do authorizations & meetings no one else in his department can do (they're working on solving this ATM) Therefore, even if he's sick as a dog, he still has to go in and at least complete the critical (usually time-critical) stuff before coming home early.

His company gives ample (and paid) sick leave, but people are afraid to take it for one reason or another. Most think taking a sick day will get them written up, it won't! People are illogically paranoid anymore.
edit on 3/15/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Or a HUGE reason: no more sick hours left. So if one stays home, they're fired. seen many with flu, drenched with fever, dead on their feet sick and working cuz they couldn't lose their job. USA here.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join