It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your sick, take a sick leave. DON'T COME TO OFFICE.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I don''t usually rant (maybe now because of fever) , but currently, I''m seriously pissed off.

The reason, why : last week some idiot from my work decided to come to work, while being clearly ill and... he managed to infect nearly half the department, including myself. To be honest, personally, I would fire that guy.... Even if he wanted to work so much (even despite illness), the office hours are flexible and sick leave is paid. He could easily have stayed home, take a sick leave and he really wanted he could have worked on his project at the same time but no... he just had to come.

To be honest, I truly do not understand why people are willing to sacrifice their health for their workplace. Money can not buy back health. I know people, who work physical jobs, who are not able to work without taking painkillers. They are just killing their body. Sooner or later, the effects will come out and I could not even imagine the pain they have to go through, when they get old, but well, that is another story.

This case is about diseases that can infect others. I remember, when I was at school, the biology teacher (one of the most intelligent and interesting persons I have ever met) suggested students to stay home even with common cold, simply because there is possibility of infecting others or the cold getting worse. Well common cold might be okay to work with, but when one has high fever, they should seriously take a leave. It is incredibly selfish act of coming to office, knowing you might infect everybody else, causing health problems for others, while financial loss for the company.

Now, I have to reschedule whole next week, because deadline is coming, my training regimen is ruined (league matches are starting in couple of weeks). I was just planning on having simple weeks, everything was going according to my plans and now the short-term effects will be all over my life : work, social life, training.

AND ALL OF THIS, BECAUSE OF THAT IDIOT.

Just wanted to vent myself out.

edit on 14-3-2018 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Deleted incase someone from work sees it....

RA

edit on 14-3-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Some people simply need to work. Look at it from the other side.

People in Britain are living payday by payday. These people can't afford to take days off sick or to sit at home 'resting' their bodies. They injure themselves because companies allow them to. Profit over human life, the bane of the working man.

The guy who made you sick, it might not have been him (btw) didn't want to make you ill (at least I hope not) why are you so angry? This seems a little overblown if you ask me, it's like you'e raging because you've had to change one weeks worth of plans........ Adapt.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If I have the dreaded man-flu you can be guaranteed that I will make sure my colleagues suffer it with me. I tend just to go in for a morning, first port of call is to open the staff fridge and spend a good 5 minutes just coughing into it. Then its onto sitting at my desk so everyone can hear me impersonate a a wounded lion, just to emphasise how ill I am, I might have a really loud phone call to the doctors office. After that I like to systematically work my way round ever colleague sneezing directly on them while telling them how unwell I am and what a super-guy I am for coming into work but then asking if they think I should just go home (or intensive care). Finally once I am confident I have infected everyone from the cleaner to the IT guy its finally time to make the move into my bosses office.

This is the most important part.

What I do is I go into his office, tell him how unwell I am as I sneeze and cough into my hands then touch everything I can on his desk. At this point I insist upon staying at work, knowing that he will send me home. When he finally tells me that I have to go home I like to give his hand a good firm shake. For this reason no hand washing is essential.

Then on the way out just to cement the fact that I am at deaths door I might soil myself, just to make everyone super uncomfortable and to again emphasise just how bad my ebola really is.

A week or so later when I get back to work only to find that nobody is at work because I have infected them all I then like to spend a good 2 or 3 days bitching about how everyone is a awful employee for taking sick days because even as sick as I was I came into work and only left when I was forced to. I like to be as patronising and arrogant about this as possible, everyone has to know that I am better than them.

So yeah I have to disagree with you OP.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I don't get sick and would have worked just fine with said co worker having the flu or ebola.

You are not adequately equipped to survive the modern workforce demands. Management should let you and half of your department and keep/raise pay of those who did not get sick as clearly they are more robust and will last longer.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

As I told, my company is very flexible when it comes to office hours. Work whenever, wherever you want, as long as you deliver results by deadlines.

And there is paid sick leave in country. Just see your GP (roughly 3 days waiting period).

Although, I understand your points. I just have some important personal life stuff coming up and at the moment, I can not adapt without sacrifices in other parts of my life.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin
a reply to: Joneselius

Although, I understand your points. I just have some important personal life stuff coming up and at the moment, I can not adapt without sacrifices in other parts of my life.

No, you don't.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Cause and effect the absolute perfect way to play it. Hats off. If I had one.

Bob

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
At my place, you are expected to turn up for work with coughs and colds. And I'm in the healthcare business.

I couldn't for shame phone in sick with a cold. It's just not considered a sufficiently serious reason to be off work, and you might even find yourself summoned to the boss's office to explain yourself when you next turn in.

A good reason for sick leave is diarrhoea. You are obliged to take sick leave with diarrhoea where I work, and not come back in for 3 days after symptoms have disappeared.

Different wherever you work, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the former workplaces I worked at..
what you say may be true for your place and the guy could have taken a day off with no financial harm.
but both places that I worked, along with the place my son works, if you take more than one day off, you need a dr. excuse. of course there is no health insurance available to you or if there is, it's rather crappy, and the pay is so low you can't afford to take the time off work or have extra funds to pay the doctor to tell you you something you already know, that there really isn't much he can do for you, but still, we don't believe you are sick, so waste your time, crawl out of your sick bed, go out into that cold cruel world, shell out your rent money and get us that note proving you are! and well, do you have any doubt that your coworker was sick? his proof didn't cost him a dime, heck he probably made money while doing a less than perfect job.

my employers were even more extreme than that, we would come into the shop one day and find a notice on the board telling us that no paid time off would be given till further notice. they were kind of crappy when it came to contracting the jobs, setting up the schedules, making sure the stock we needed was in, and well, we weren't any better at keeping to those schedules, so it was all hands on deck till we got the crap out the door much of the time. it made for some good end of the year paycheck though because you got paid for all those unused vacation days, sick days, and personal days. but still, when you call in and tell them that you can't really walk to well and they pressure you to come in anyway. you end up hobbling around clinging to tables and whatever else you can find that is sturdy...
you really have to wonder if maybe you shouldn't be home not just for your sake but for your bosses since you ain't worth the money he is paying you to be there for that day or two.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Whew, this rant is about being sick physically.

I guess I can still go to work.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

DUDE!

WTF!!!

YOU'RE POSTING WHILE SICK???

HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF A COMPUTER VIRUS???

Great. Now I can't go to work now.

Thanks a lot.

Bastard.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is how you get zombies.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly!

This is just great. Now I have to kill all my neighbors so they don't become zombies and attack me!

And all I wanted to do today was to yell at Gunther (my sad German intern) for not rubbing my feet just right!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I like the proactive approach. My neighbor just got a new BMW and we all know future zombies don't need luxury automobiles.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I knew someone in the US who worked for $3 an hour, and in an at will state. If she just called in sick, her job was on the line and she'd have been replaced. And who would want your pizza delivered by someone new.

I knew another person in the US, who worked in an Aged Care facility. Same.. Take a day off, even if sick, don't get paid.

I'm glad I live in a country with at least $17 minimum wage, 6 sick days a year, and 2 weeks paid leave.

Oh sure, we need a doc's note if we take 2 days off in a row, but if you're taking 2 days off in a row, you better be sick.

So....

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I thought it was teh bathing salts.

So I can sniff super glutamate and still be fit for work?

Damn it...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Yup. Just don't buy anything nice that DB or I want, otherwise your potential zombie quotient shoots up dramatically.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, he is Australian, and that's right near Germany.

So he will have a nice car.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
I knew someone in the US who worked for $3 an hour, . . . .

I had to stop you right there.

Who pays someone 3 dollars/ hour???

Maybe in Hollywood or in a big city like New York, but not for the rest of the country!

pfft!

We're not millionaires!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join