It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Physicist Stephen Hawking dies at the age of 76 – family

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The greatest proof of GOD is the inability to see the proof of GOD.

The only way to see is through enlightenment.

If you can not see then you are in the dark without GOD.

Thank the sun!

It is all about forgiveness.
The opposite of forgiveness is really the only power they wield against us.
Removing the flesh is generally not the answer cause the negative power just shifts back to the negative. To overcome this one has to remember we struggle against principalities and powers unseen. It is more wise to change the wave function rather than to destroy it completely.

edit on 15-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GafferUK1981

you want some evidence of god , drop 5 dried grams of stropharia cubensis and sit in the dark or smoke a at least 10 micrograms of Dimethyltryptamine , that is pretty funkin divine to me !
come to think of it I wonder what Stephen thinks of that ?

Im not talking about the bearded guy in the sky god with wrath and smiting sinners god!

im talking the all encompassing energy that is infinite in every dimension imaginable the holographic fractal that evolves spontaneously that is you , me and everything in this universe all at once it is the theory of everything .
I dont believe in god the beard dude, and I am agnostic I think because I am willing to believe that something exists but not a deity , more like a field of energy that flows through all of reality , consciousness , sub conscious , all energy fields linking everything together. We just dont have the scientific mind or the level of consciousness ready to understand it .

but its all wrapped up nicely in the silent flower sermon

when buddha held up a single lotus flower in silence

edit on 15-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

He might say to be careful of the vehicle and know what you are riding in but imo he would not deny the trip.

at least that is what i say

confusus say nothing has ever been taken it has all been givin

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I'm still awaiting actual evidence.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Oh hey you'd like David Bohm - Wholeness and the Implicate order !

a really good read, quite maths heavy , but you dont need to understand the maths to understand the English used to explain the theory.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

you are the evidence ! but dont take my word for it, how about you go ask yourself , look inside if you arent afraid to do so!

I mean thats the thing I have a hard time squaring away , I believe evolution , because it appears to be correct and the most obvious answer to that problem!

but how can DNA design itself and be selfish , and as if its consciously aware of reality that It needs to be preserved to form higher more complex forms
it's as if all of life just wants to become more complex
genes are selfish , but also feature altruism , but also appear to be conscious , its in other words #ed up!

I will just stick with JBS Haldane on this one for now ! until we can get a better idea of what we are dealing with

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

There cannot be proof of something that does not exist, only proof that it does and because there isn't and never has been any proof, it therefore cannot exist.
One can be as enlightened as one feels or dreams but that won't or can't ever establish proof of the non-existent
If you believe in the non-existent then you are enlightened and not in the dark.
DOG's often bark in the dark as do believers in GOD!

Wake up and set yourself free from the shackles and crutch of faith in the non-existent!

Apart from that have a nice day.
edit on 15-3-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GafferUK1981

I'm still awaiting actual evidence.

That is acceptable for you by you but not i

we all have our paths and the only way to change them is forgivness

i get it that it makes no sense like trying to walk through a closed door but not having the knowledge that a doorknob exist.

not knowing sucks

free your mind through forgiveness and a door with a golden knob of knowledge will appear.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

confusus say swallow your pride and you too shall have a nice day

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

proof and evidence are two different things !

there is plenty of evidence to suggest that god or a divine being or deity exists
but absolute proof that a god exists , has yet to be presented.

there is also about as much evidence that love is as real as god

I mean one word to describe such a powerful human emotion /event / state of consciousness / phsyiology

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

proof and evidence are two different things !

there is plenty of evidence to suggest that god or a divine being or deity exists
but absolute proof that a god exists , has yet to be presented.

there is also about as much evidence that love is as real as god

I mean one word to describe such a powerful human emotion /event / state of consciousness / phsyiology

There is neither evidence or proof!! There is much delusion!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well I guess that comes down to what you personally classify as evidence!

If you are willing to step away from the monotheistic idea of a divine being , you would probably agree that there is scientific evidence of something bigger going on in the theologian sense , that there is something divine and present within nature that cant be explained away. DNA, maths etc

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: TrueBrit

Faith, also known as hope and wishful thinking.

No, that's voting for politicians and expecting your life to improve.

Faith is better known as conviction without physical evidence.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm pretty disgusted by all the religious nuts on here spewing their bile.

Stephen Hawking didn't set out to disprove your god, he set out to find answers to some of the biggest questions in the universe and the discoveries he made disproved your god.

The ratio of arrogance to evidence amongst the religious is astounding. On a scale of 1-100 I would say it is 100:0

Hawking is not in hell as it doesn't exist, get over it, be an adult and let your fairytales go, grow the # up.

I have to say, mankind is the arrogant one in the picture thinking they can be their own gods. There are many scientists who are humble and understand that we will never perfect humanity without our creator.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Care to provide any evidence for the existence of this god of yours?

I recommend the movie
The Case for Christ
A true story of a nonbeliever who looked at the evidence if you really have any interest.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Care to provide any evidence for the existence of this god of yours?

I recommend the movie
The Case for Christ
A true story of a nonbeliever who looked at the evidence if you really have any interest.

There is also The Language of God by Francis S Collins, he is a geneticist and worked on the Human Genome Project. He started as an atheist and his work on the complexity of our DNA was the evidence that he needed to become a believer.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ATTENTION

The topic of this thread is Mr. Hawking. its not a place to hash out religious disagreement.

Please stick to the topic.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So i heard someone claiming that he was just rehashing old maths that someone else thought of first. To some extent that is true but to make the claim that he did not put his mark on history and add much more to the overall understanding of the universe would be wrong. He found many places unseen that will continue to allude the masses and used logic to arrive at those places.

For all those wondering he has arrived and the bridge has collapsed behind him. Of coarse metaphorically speaking and he can likely hear us now in this thread. No funny business cause it will just be turned back to you.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

He disrespects a great man who just passed, and brought more to the world than his sorry butt could even conceive.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think the way Stephens intellect was set up, was very scientific and analytical. He may have approached God the way he approached anything. He needed proof. In his mind he saw no proof of God because he felt there were alternative explanations to existence. He once said that God was not needed to create the Universe, but I am not sure if he was saying there was no God. He may have just not felt there was any evidence. I don't agree with him, but he had the right to his position on the matter.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join