It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for podcasts to listen to.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good evening ATS.
I'm looking for recommendations for podcasts .
I work out of town. So bare minimum I spend 4 hours driving to and from work.
During which time I turn up the speakers and dive into pos casts.
Lately my go to has been Joe Rogans pods.
He always has amazing guests with at times very deep and intelligent conversations.
So far the best few has involved Neil degrasse Tyson.
Neil is an outstanding astrophysicist. He breaks it down to a level so people can actually wrap their heads around what he's trying to explain.

I'm hoping you master minds can point me in the direction of some really compelling conversations.
I've been listening to Steven Hawking's "A Brief history of time" But I've previously read the book twice.
So I need something new for my drive home Thursday.

I'm into anything to do with consciousness, the universe, some paranormal, but nothing really overboard like flat earth or reptilian bs. ...unless you highly recommend it as a good listen, then I'll give it a go.
Also it Doesn't necessarily need to be a podcast.
I can turn any YouTube documentary into an MP3.

So let's have em!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A great paranormal fringe podcast with mind blowing stories hosted by two Australian guys

MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSE

Covering conspiracies paranormal ufos and all types of goodies

HIGHER SIDE CHATS

True Crime UFOS and the Paranormal with a Very Dark Sense Of Humor.
THE LAST PODCAST ON THE LEFT

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I agree on The Higherside Chats and would also submit Where Did the Road Go, Magical Mystery Radio, Sasquatch Chronicles, Confessionals, and The Serial Killer Podcast.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hardcore History with Dan Carlin is a good one.
No Sleep and Pseudopod are good horror fiction.
Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank and Your Mom's House are good for some comedy.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Those Conspiracy Guys are one of my all time favorite podcasts. They have tons of episodes about every conceivable topic, and they're very funny. (I've also heard them recommend that their listeners check out ATS. But I'm not sure if they are active on here)

I fully agree with all 3 of SolAquarius's recommemdations. The Higherside Chats with Greg Carlwood is a must listen. But I'm particularly happy that Sol mentioned the Mysterious Universe podcast! I spend about 80% of each work day driving. And for the last couple months, I've burned through a ton of MU episodes, both old ones and new. Really fascinating topics, most of it stuff I haven't heard or read anywhere else. And those guys are also laugh-out-loud funny! Especially their cryptid/Bigfoot encounter stories.

Check out some of Rogan's episodes with guest Duncan Trussell. Duncan's voice can take a little getting used to, but he's a fascinating individual. And the two are old friends, so they quickly fall into a very comfortable rapport. Their topics of conversation range from the injustices and hippocracies of modern day government and media, to the outer limits of astronomy, psychedelia, and existentialism. Fascinating and funny.

Here are some honorable mentions...
-The Dollop with Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds
(Interesting stories from American history)
- The Science Fiction Film Podcast
- Thinking Sideways Podcast
(Unsolved true crime stories and theories)
- Congressional Dish
(Up-to-date reporting on the sneaky things our government is up to, delivered by a very intelligent and truly nonpartisan host)

Happy listening friends

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: M4nWithNoN4me
Those Conspiracy Guys are one of my all time favorite podcasts. They have tons of episodes about every conceivable topic, and they're very funny. (I've also heard them recommend that their listeners check out ATS. But I'm not sure if they are active on here)

Ha Im Listening TCG's right now the MLK episode.

I second what M4nWithNoN4me says TCG is a good listen and their episodes are about 5hrs long so they would be good for a long drive.

Love Duncan Trussel he was behind the dying Nasa scientist videos

edit on 14-3-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thanks guys!

Seems pretty unanimous most suggest The Higher Side. I never heard of it so ill check this out for sure.
Mysterious Universe is always a good listen.
Thinking Sideways Podcast sounds pretty interesting also.

I appreciate all suggestions, and will eventually look into all of the above.
thanks again everyone

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Odd, I mentioned Stephen Hawking last night, then find out he died this morning.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Another vote here for Mysterious Universe!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I did a similar commute for a little while so know exactly what you're going through.
I had satellite radio and still got sick of sports and politics.
I switched to audio books. There are a ton out there.
Looking back I should have tried tapes on learning a foreign language.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

And funny that I was thinking the same thing when reading your earlier post this morning... Thanks everyone, I'll be checking out some of those links soon!
edit on 3/14/2018 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I never thought about learning a new language.
Thats something i may look into.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There was a really great podcast series from back in the day.

It covers consciousness from a Hermetic perspective.This podcast contains really deep insights for seekers on the path.The hosts drop gems throughout the entire series.I really enjoy listening to it.It's rich.Sean and Jason get straight to the point.This much appreciated when it comes to the esoteric side of one's adventures.

Published in 2009 and 2010, the Chasing Hermes podcast was aimed at the casual listener with a keen interest in the world beyond the physical senses. We explored the hermetic sciences in all of its forms, covering such topics as philosophy, metaphysics, spiritual alchemy, initiation and the exciting world of magic. Rejoin your hosts Sean (Arsolis Perficio) and Jason across wide-stretched vistas of ideas in their pursuit for the elusive quintessence.

Chasing Hermes
edit on 10-8-2018 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar and spacing

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
A friend and myself recently started a podcast discussing the paranormal, aliens, true crime, and pretty much anything that comes up. Half serious, half comedy. We have 3 episodes in the books.

It’s called Backwoods Barcast. Check it out!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The Parapod - two British comedians (Barry Dodds & Ian Boldsworth) talk about ghosts, mysteries and conspiracies. One is a complete believer and the other is a skeptic. It might be the funniest podcast I've ever listened to. It's finished now, but it's really worth going back and listening.

top topics

join