It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes U.S. ‘Space Force’ to Guard the Galaxy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I personally think we already have this. xD

Maybe they want to declassify it so they can increase its budget. Next step will be to unveil the alien enemies.
edit on 14-3-2018 by FocusedWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

War is a continuation of politics by other means.

"Politics" is the art of speaking without saying anything. Generally, when politicians speak to the Public.

Diplomacy is the precursor to war if necessary, when subjugation by other means fail.

Diplomacy is the art of manipulating other gubments, war is the threat if 'negotiations' fail.

edit on 14-3-2018 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

True research is rarely very profitable in the short term.

What?

I know plenty of academics that do very well financially from BS research grants paid for by the US taxpayers.
I even got one once for an archaeology survey in grad school thanks to my mentor Dr. G!!

I'd much rather see my tax dollars financing private enterprise thru research grants, than another government boondoggle with no accountability.

This "space force" BS is just more Trump pandering to his shallow naive base anyway.
edit on 14-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FocusedWolf
& Alien friends...

edit on 14-3-2018 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This "space force" BS is just more Trump pandering to his shallow naive base anyway.

It is not the first time this has been on the table, being first suggested in 2000 by a reform committee headed by Donald Rumsfeld.

It was also in the news last year with legislation passed by the House of Representatives. There was push back from the Pentagon that the structure of the US armed forces was already too complex, or at least complex enough.

Link to article

So, really something that has been brewing for a while.

Cheers,

BT

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I know plenty of academics that do very well financially from BS research grants paid for by the US taxpayers.
I even got one once for an archaeology survey in grad school thanks to my mentor Dr. G!!

That is government funded research.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

The biggest threat to the galaxy may be the human race.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What?

I'd much rather see my tax dollars financing private enterprise thru research grants, than another government boondoggle with no accountability.

So you wouldn't sign up to fight those slimy alien bastards in space?

Where u gonna hide? Canada?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

There are billions of people to take care of first!

No time for space exploration.

Where is the mandate for the working class to "take care of" lazy people?

In the real world, many low-lifes are incurable and unmotivated.

Are you saying the rest of us put aside our dreams in order to feed a bunch of useless eaters?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So you really believe there are no weapons in space from, oh, let's say, the Chinese?

Russians?

Cause they said they wouldn't?

You're so sweet you better stay out of the rain or you'll melt.

And that is a compliment.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
When I heard that the following can be stated:

There are several questions, the first would be, is the USA going to pull out of any other treaties that was signed in good faith and adhered to for so long? Looking at many of the space treaties, it is clear and very concise that space is to be shared by all of mankind, and not to any one nation.

The other is the national budget and it does not support any manned missions to anywhere outside of the planet. The education system is in shambles, the number of college graduates going into those programs are way down. 2011 was the last time that NASA did a maned launch.

Beyond probes and unmanned satellites, the know how, engineering, fabrication and technical is not in place. It takes all of that to make that goal and would require money to do it. And that is not even in the budget at this time frame. If the President was serious about such, then NASA is going to require a far bigger budget and more money to go into R&D, testing building, and start up its manned space missions again, pushing the envelope of both flight and space flight as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

As a former (always) member of the Air Force, I'm a little offended trump doesn't know this.

"Air Force Space Command (AFSPC), sometimes referred to informally as U.S. Space Command[7], is a major command of the United States Air Force, with its headquarters at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. AFSPC supports U.S. military operations worldwide through the use of many different types of satellite, launch and cyber operations. Operationally, AFSPC is an Air Force component command subordinate to U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), a unified combatant command. It is the primary space force for the U.S. Armed Forces."

en.m.wikipedia.org...

..Edit to add: It's like saying "If only Broward County had a sheriff" to a Broward County deputy.

..It'd be nice to have an actual Commander In Chief,.. Someone who knew something about the Military - other than parades.

I'm offended that Harry Truman didn't know we already had an USAAF, too...

This is not a new idea. It's less about building space battleships and more about budgetary and ideological priorities and how they affect the myriad of missions in or dependant on our assets in space.

You know, the same reasons we created an independent United States Air Force even though we already had the world's most powerful air arm in the United States Army Air Force...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

What's the age limit for signing up to become a space cadet..

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The Military Industrial Complex is part of the real government.

Most of our *real* government's income comes from the military industry.

This and the supposed UFO 'disclosure' is a ramp up to introduce our new enemy from outer space. That followed by astronomical expenditures..

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: olaru12

What?

So you wouldn't sign up to fight those slimy alien bastards in space?

Where u gonna hide? Canada?

I prefer private voodoo rituals targeting the slimy alien bastards than taxpayer funded bullsh!t designed to enrich federal boondoggles like the Afghan/Iraq wars....how'd that work out for ya? Who profited really?

After Trump indites crooked Hillary like he promised; then we can worry about the slimy aliens....Don't you find it odd that conservatives distrust government projects unless it's a Trump suggestion? Cultist...

edit on 15-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Tremedous!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I beg your pardon! We are all NOT naive. Maybe you are naive to your intolerant attitude. And may I remind you, this is NOT the Mud Pit!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Please stick with the topic, which is not each other and remember you are not in the Mud Pit.

Do not reply to this message.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join