It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidental discharge at a school

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There is no such thing as an "accidental" discharge of a firearm

*unless it was a manufacturer defect, and those are extremely rare.
edit on 13 3 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Great thread. Too bad the people who need that information the most will ignore it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Even armed teachers won't stop a determined nut job with an AK. This armed teacher narrative is just knee jerk BS to make the proles think the authorities care and are doing something.
Guns are not much of the problem and won't be much of the answer.

It's not easy to solve, and some argue it might be too late and that American values cannot recover.

This is definitely a fitting forum for the discussion.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
All of this is BS. Guns should not be the focus. America needs to focus on the family unit. Our culture has destroyed the traditional family unity. That is the main thing that has changed and created such mental disfunction!

If family UNITY is encouraged again, much of these issues that are distressing our nation would be resolved. Unfortunately, media, Hollywood, legislation, and those proprogandistic traitors to all of us have created these misfortunes within our very humanity.

Review the past and see the start of disfunction...we need to take responsibility personally and rectify these issues...starting with ourselves and our own families. It will spread in union and displace the discord and chaos.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: projectvxn

Great thread. Too bad the people who need that information the most will ignore it.

It's a sticky in the weapons forum for a reason.
edit on 13 3 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Thinking on this issue and reflecting on what I have experienced and read and seen the following can be stated:

I believe it is a bad idea to arm teachers. They have enough on their minds, and to add in the additional responsibility of dealing with and having a firearm there with them is a tragedy in the making. Accidents happen, and in the case of firearms, it is due to carelessness on the part of the person handling the weapon, combined in some cases, with a dangerous situation that is a public school. Some of those schools I am surprised the staff is not already armed. What if the teacher loses control over the gun? What if there is a school shooting and the teacher has the firearm out and is mistaken by the police as the gun man? Too many variables to determine if it would be safe.

There is one other factor that will also come into play, and that is the insurance. The teacher would have to have additional insurance, as would the schools would have to have additional insurance. This would in turn, mean that those cities, counties and states would need to raise the taxes to pay for such. Money for this has to come from somewhere, and it won’t be from the federal government.

I have only seen once case where a teacher had a live firearm in a school, but that was because the teacher also had a secondary job and that was to teach firearms safety to the police and taught a hunters safety course and firearm safety as well. He did have a loaded firearm there, always under his control, or that of the police officer that was present to assist him with this course. But beyond that once a year time, when he taught such to students, with their parents’ permission, would there be such on school grounds. And that teacher, carried additional insurance to do that kind of teaching.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I was going to disagree,.......then when I read the second paragraph.....good point

glad to meet ya!!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just want to know what he was doing with the weapon to have a negligent discharge....
Not accidental discharge.

When a citizen causes a firearm to fire unintentionally officials call it negligent and try to charge them with something, when an officer does it , it's an accident?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I thought this thread was about a different accidental discharge at a school today. The one I'm referring to happened in California, involved a teacher in a safety class, and a student was injured.

A California teacher is believed to have accidentally fired his weapon in a classroom today.

Seaside police officers were summoned to Seaside High School Tuesday after the teacher, who was teaching a public safety class, discharged the weapon, police said in a statement.

Officials said one student was injured either by a bullet fragment or ceiling debris and transported to a local hospital by his parent for treatment. No one was seriously injured.

Teacher accidentally fires gun at school

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Pssh whatever.

They can organize a mass walkout of children using the school to actually push gun control, but they can't make a few more stupid scenes involving gun incidents?

I'm calling BS on all this BS.

If gun control is being pushed through kids, it is time to homeschool.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: correction

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Accidentally, eh? I wonder what his position is on the Second Amendment. If he's against it, perhaps this was no accident.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Even armed teachers won't stop a determined nut job with an AK. This armed teacher narrative is just knee jerk BS to make the proles think the authorities care and are doing something.

Why is it you think that? In the close quarters inside a school building, a handgun is far easier to aim, and more suitable, than is a longer-barreled gun. Both are semi-automatic, as well, and a good handgun round can do a LOT of damage.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Apparently there were just not quite enough guns around to stop this retard from carelessly discharging his gun

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Is the high school teacher in my post above yours also suspicious? He fired his gun in a safety class that he was teaching and a student was injured because of it. Happened on the same day, too (and the teacher is a reserve police officer).
edit on 14-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: TheLotLizard

i fail to see the NEED for armed teachers.
guns are going off and kids are dying when nothing is happening.
i dont see why this is even a debate

Why is that a reply to me? I said the same thing.

Was just agreeing with your point with more than one line

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Accidentally, eh? I wonder what his position is on the Second Amendment. If he's against it, perhaps this was no accident.

I don't wonder. Accidents happen. 3 linked in this thread

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
oh yeah, armed teachers...what could possibly go wrong?

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

No matter how you slice it the gun was fired. This is why we don't need guns in schools.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The only way to prevent a teacher with a gun is a student with a gun. Arm the students.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And this just in as well:

Gun-trained teacher accidentally...

Yeah, arming teachers is such a good idea.

More guns in school does not equal safer schools.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join