It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Disclosure; why the government and insiders are afraid to tell us what is going on

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Somebody that looks different from us shows up in a ship we don't understand and says they are from galaxy xyz planet abc. And the proof would be? The theories that these beings are ancient earth survivors or angels/demons is just as plausible.

There was a thought provoking video I watched a few years back that documented how as technology progressed "alien" beings that claimed to be from outer space kept moving their home planets farther and farther away so that nothing could be verified. The moon, venus, neptune, Orions Belt, another galaxy, etc etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin
It would be chaos.

Not necessarily. You were coming from skepticism but the Kardashian watching robot masses would probably say that "it's aliens" guy with the funny hair was right.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin
a reply to: nwtrucker You clearly haven’t experienced something. I know this bc if you had, you would understand his post. He’s right about questioning gov’s role in our lives and questioning their authority. That and about a thousand existential questions that will scream through your brain while you try to make sense of what you are seeing. I don’t mean, seeing something high in the sky and wondering. I mean, seeing it right in front of you in the middle of the day. The damn thing popped out of a low lying storm front. I was on a big hill and the front was sweeping through the valley below. The irony is that for so long, I was a skeptic. When it happened, I didn’t think to grab a camera, I couldn’t breathe and I couldn’t move. I was so scared, I couldn’t call for help and my legs wouldn’t move. It felt like I was super glued to my front lawn. And then came the questions. For a couple of months, I tried to wrap my head around it. I started questioning my sanity, religion and...LIFE. Really. The conclusion I came to was be careful what you wish for. You might actually get it. The question isn’t, are they here? It’s, WHY are they here?
Disclosure would be dangerous. I’m a thoughtful, intelligent individual and if I couldn’t deal, I can’t imagine what the Kardashian watching robot masses would do. It would be chaos.

I see your point. My experiences I choose not to share.

I'm not saying there isn't validity in this OP.

There is also what I call- no one else does, that I know of- the boogieman mentality. Simply put, an information vacuum.

For example, your upstairs in bed and half asleep. something downstairs goes 'thump'. Loud enough to bring you out of your near slumber and fully alert. WTF??

So you carefully go downstairs...with a nine iron in your right hand.... carefully scanning the rooms. Then you see the damn cat has gotten tangled in the electrical cord of the table lamp and has pulled it off the table. Source of the thump now 'known'. Relief sets in and as you go back upstairs thinking about getting a different pet.

The mechanism is apparently quite natural and a survival one, at that. Perfectly reasonable. Yes?

Here's the problem, the data vacuum- what caused the thump- opened the door to mentally creating worst case scenarios. Robber, rapist, rabid racoon, the blob...on and on, very prudent, yet all disappear instantly when the truth is seen. Poof. Gone. Back to bed.

Now add in the contrived data vacuum. Be it deliberate or merely voicing some 'automatic ' data vacuum that others grab onto. Examples, Pearl Harbor, the Oklahoma bombing, 9/11. In every case, a data vacuum has been seen or 'created'. There's your conspiracy mechanism. The natural response is worst case scenario, time after time after time.

No relief as with the cat as either there is no 'truth' as the data vacuum was contrived to begin with, or the truth doesn't come out.

Simply put, it's one or the other.

The OP may be spot on....or not. JMO, though.
edit on 15-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

P.S. This may nothing more than an attempt by the OP to solve his own...data vacuum. I don't know....

edit on 15-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Fact, history tells rather a different story I'm afraid all about Christian leadership.

Redemption is of your own making really but what or why do you suppose we would require such?

I don't need to be forgiven or redeemed by a God i have never seen or even encountered.

Acknowledged on the other hand, well at least that would be a start.

How can God give up on us yet love us unconditionally?

I think God may be the one that seeks redemption in the same way any other absentee parent may attempt to seek such.

edit on 15-3-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Lets use logic for why there's no disclosure:

1. There is something to disclose.
2. There isn't anything to disclose.

Most of us are pretty comfortable acknowledging there is indeed information concerning ufo's and aliens. So we can deduct there is information which can be shared with the public, if desired? The next step is, why hasn't it?

1. Fear of disclosure disrupting our civilization. (Economical, sociological, philosophical, etc)
2. National security.
3. Just plain deceit. (But why?)

1. For something to disrupt or destroy our civilization economically, sociologically, philosophically, etc., it would have to be.....earth shattering! What sort of information disseminated to the public would cause us to run around like our heads cut off? It would have to be akin to: We are avatars, they're here to eat/enslave us, or we're in a galactic zoo.
a. How would only the governments be privy to this information? If it were indeed the case, such entities would not be secretive. Would probably come in no different than an exterminator or a callous tourist at a zoo. What's all the alleged creeping about? It would be much more brutal and overt...unless the entities aren't as advanced as we think and humanity actually stands a chance against them.

2. Why would disclosure affect national security? Would there even be such a thing as national security if we find there are civilizations or beings with intergalactic, or interdimensional abilities?

3. If the reason is plain ol deceit...what is the agenda? What is the reason for any deceit?

Ladies and gentleman, it's time to stop playing the role of stupid and perhaps we won't be treated as such! Use your own brain and not need disclosure to come to your own conclusion. We are supposed to be master of our own thoughts, I don't need anyone else to compile a conclusion from the evidence. I don't need a crashed saucer. I can make my own judgement to eyewitness accounts.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I believe the majority of our ufo, alien, paranormal, religious, encounters, can be attributed to breakaway societies.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOACSTribe
I believe the majority of our ufo, alien, paranormal, religious, encounters, can be attributed to breakaway societies.

In order for that to happen, we'd pretty much all have to be in a secret breakaway society. Which one are you in?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DOACSTribe

please elaborate. What exactly do you mean by breakaway society?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Not exactly an easy thing to hide in the world today or in the information age in which we live.

Suppose it could be done on some remote jungle plateau or isolated desert region but chances are someone or some technology is apt to discover anything of a substantial number or size.

They are not on the Moon or inside the Earth, that's a given really.

So where would you suppose such a breakaway civilization would be located?

One possible location may be one or even many of Jupiter's Moons, the technology required would be on par with the stuff in "The Expanse" series all the same.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: DOACSTribe

In order for that to happen, we'd pretty much all have to be in a secret breakaway society. Which one are you in?

Well...it can be argued that we ARE all in a breakaway society. We've broken away from 3rd World standards and have technology and knowledge those in 3rd World countries may not have.

But there are layers to this.

What about a segment of society which have access to technology that far exceeds ours?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

please elaborate. What exactly do you mean by breakaway society?

A breakaway society is a society which gains knowledge and technology and basically keeps them exclusive to their small circle.

I believe this is the cycle we go through on this planet. Instead of (or maybe synonymous with Nibiru, End of Days, etc) we have segments of society who gain access to knowledge and technology, possibly intentionally left behind to continue the cycle, from preceding civilizations. It may be a 3600 year process, give or take a little.

I believe each society, once it attains a certain level, is then responsible for "resetting" the world and beginning the cycle again. While they escape and join the other breakaway societies and continue elevating. Imagine if this has been going on for millions of years, where the 1st to start this cycle are at now?

I believe it's the reason things...don't quite add up. In reference to religion, archeology, science, etc. All of these things are given, influenced, and monitored by what are effectively "people". It creates a environment where the masses are effectively "monitored".

It's why disclosure will not occur. What are they going to tell? That the chosen few are getting ready to leave our society behind and in leaving, will cause a great flood or nuclear war to reset us to the Stone Age?

Last thing, I believe the people in this society frequently mingle or even hold positions in our society. Think of the recent movie "Black Panther".

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Not exactly an easy thing to hide in the world today or in the information age in which we live.

Suppose it could be done on some remote jungle plateau or isolated desert region but chances are someone or some technology is apt to discover anything of a substantial number or size.

They are not on the Moon or inside the Earth, that's a given really.

So where would you suppose such a breakaway civilization would be located?

One possible location may be one or even many of Jupiter's Moons, the technology required would be on par with the stuff in "The Expanse" series all the same.

It is indeed easy to hide in this day and age? How much exploring do we really do now? How many areas aren't taped off, the main one being Antarctica. I believe Antarctica maybe the key.

Really...the average person is not personally sure WHAT type planet we live on. There maybe entire other continents we're unaware of! How many of us have actually traversed the planet in complete circumference? What we do is take the word of other people.

How do we know what's on the Moon or at the bottom of the ocean? The answer is, we absolutely don't. All we can do is take the word of "academia".

On contrary it's very easy to hide information from the general public in plain sight.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Recorded history is rather more extensive than just 3600 years though.

There is no Nibiru/Nemesis/dark star in our immediate vicinity as it would be easily detectable via gravitational effects even at a distance.

There may, however, be a planet 10 somewhere in the vicinity or even beyond our Kuiper Belt which takes the form of a gas giant or the like which we have yet to detect but its effects on Earth will be rather negligible.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

What about a segment of society which have access to technology that far exceeds ours?

Who do you think are piloting the Black Triangles? Military? Masons? NASA? Black Panthers?
edit on 15-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

How can there possibly be entire continents we have yet to discover given the extensive Satellite coverage of our planet?

That's bordering on Flat Earther theory now.

We know whats not on the Moon, that being people.

Infomation is not as easily hidden as you may imagine, as to continents and breakaway civilizations well even more so hard to hide I'm afraid.

Makes great science fiction but the reality is somewhat harder to swallow.

By the way, deep space posses far less technical issues than existence at the bottom of our oceans just down to the pressures exerted alone.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Or they are just us from the future

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Recorded history is rather more extensive than just 3600 years though.

There is no Nibiru/Nemesis/dark star in our immediate vicinity as it would be easily detectable via gravitational effects even at a distance.

There may, however, be a planet 10 somewhere in the vicinity or even beyond our Kuiper Belt which takes the form of a gas giant or the like which we have yet to detect but its effects on Earth will be rather negligible.

I'm not suggesting there is a actual planet or star out there which brings devastation every 3600 or so years. I believe it is the breakaway society of that time resetting the general populace.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I believe it's a combination of people from the advanced breakaway societies, general Top Secret military craft, with a sprinkling of actual aliens.

A alien aircraft with origins from another galaxy is hard too believe. But a seemingly alien aircraft crashing which in reality is from here, just belonging to breakaway societies is much more believable.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

How can there possibly be entire continents we have yet to discover given the extensive Satellite coverage of our planet?

That's bordering on Flat Earther theory now.

We know whats not on the Moon, that being people.

Infomation is not as easily hidden as you may imagine, as to continents and breakaway civilizations well even more so hard to hide I'm afraid.

Makes great science fiction but the reality is somewhat harder to swallow.

By the way, deep space posses far less technical issues than existence at the bottom of our oceans just down to the pressures exerted alone.

Think about it...WHAT do YOU actually know? What have YOU verified?

It's my understanding most if not all of the satellite images are cgi? Even if not, do they show the entire globe? I can't think of one image I've seen which shows the southern part by Antarctica clearly.

Information is VERY easy to hide. All of the things you've listed, what have you or someone you know personally verified concerning them?

If it's as I suggest, that a breakaway society is in control, they effectively control everything we think we know? How? Well through controlling academia and media!

If they control the schools, we are indoctrinated from our youth to certain things.

If they control media well they control what's news and what isn't.

Most of us sit at home, go to work, come back home and watch news or read books. Again, who owns the news and media we ingest?

Need I break it down further?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Who do you think are piloting the Black Triangles? Military? Masons? NASA? Black Panthers?

I think they are ours. There are some pretty good pictures out there, not just lights in the sky. I would be hard pressed to find the reference, but as I understand it the military has been quite happy to have secret projects such as the SR-71 mistaken for UFOs. It's a perfect cover. This really brings up the veracity of sightings. By far the largest number have been lights in the sky, the lowest categories on the Hynek Scale (Daylight Disks and Nocturnal Lights.) Resolution on these things is zero. About the only thong you can tell is a subjective account of speed. I know some have been confirmed by radar, but the overall point is that there’s nowhere you can go with a sighting like this. All you can say is that you observed it.

You CERTAINLY cannot logically claim ET is here from observing a light in the sky. Once in awhile you will read accounts of people who have seen a nocturnal light claim they are shocked at this profound experience they had and now know we are not alone. These guys have to be nuts. You can’t get from lights in the sky to ETs from space. I am not at all impressed by the recent unveiling of a couple of videos shot by F/A-18 fighters. Tom DeLonge has them on his web site and they have been picked up by the MSM. In the very latest one you can see a small or distant object, a daylight disk, though calling it a disk is generous. It is filmed from above and shows the light traveling in a straight line across the surface of the ocean at about 300 mph. Okay, technically it is a UFO, but any number of civilian turbo prop airplanes can fly that fast. These kinds of sightings do not cut it for me. They don’t give s any useful information, and they do not amount to Disclosure.

And One More Time: Disclosure is not what you think you know. It is about governments disclosing what they know. A straightforward Disclosure of ET is NOT going to freak the religions out, nor will it cause an economic collapse, nor will people be running around with their heads cut off. That’s why Disclosure must be about something much more profound. I get the distinct feeling that some folks have jumped into this discussion in the middle without bothering to read the opening posts that set forth the structure for this argument. We are beginning to repeat ourselves, and I think that means this thread has run its course. Thank you all for participating. I will start a new thread on Lazar, etc. in a little while.

edit on 3/15/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join