It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Disclosure; why the government and insiders are afraid to tell us what is going on

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think the reason for nondisclosure is hidden pretty well in plain sight.

Once I have thread making abilities I will drop the thread. You will find it interesting and thought provoking.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If there are higher authorities...

Who is the American government to try and tell me what to do?

Part of the problem right above...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Firstly let me say that if ET has come from the stars the idea that they have come to subjugate us is quite laughable. If they have the technology to come here they would have no trouble taking us over.
Now my thought on why not disclosure. I think that governments will not come clean because it would mean them admiting that they are totally useless to control any situation. Moreover they (not religion) would lose their power to control us.
ie. power equates to money. eg. what if ET gave us free energy and with that virtually free food production. What would the government do then? With those 2 things you've just took the power of the government to control you.
Another scenario. What if ET was part of a "galactic federation" and wanted the Earth to join. Hell, our governments on the planet can't get along with one another never mind accepting being ruled from a federation light years away from us.
Who knows, we can speculate to our hearts content until, until "disclosure".

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think that governments will not come clean because it would mean them admiting that they are totally useless to control any situation. Moreover they (not religion) would lose their power to control us.

Well, certainly, the government is only interested in keeping two kinds of secrets -- what they know, and what they don't know. And not knowing if the USA has powerful alien technology tucked away somewhere might keep Brand X from trying anything too bold. It wouldn't stop the fanatics, but nothing will do that.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Starting with the fact that we are still being actively lied to, yes. The diehards will make a difficult task into something reality shattering.

With lies, one is never enough.

The truth is what will finally bring peace. We are stuck on the path that past liars kept beyond the cradle of our civilization. There is no longer any justifiable good in keeping people in the dark....beyond preserving the mob in its present state...

We are given a ceiling to not surpass by those who fear flying.

Earth shattering would be the SUDDEN conquering of a primitive people in every imaginable way possible by an advanced civilization.

We are no longer that advanced group measuring our steps so as to not repeat the sins of our fathers.

We are now the primitive tribes that better wake up and learn whats out there, possibly here already.

Had natives been warned by their gods to be weary of white bearded men on ships from the east, they may have survived our darker history.

We may survive now if we knew more about HOW and WHAT to defend ourselves from.

If there are aliens...or past civilizations with advantages over us, then there are "good" and "bad" groups we need to discern from. Groups we can benefit from or groups we can lose to.

Right now its going to be a slaughter as soon as the many lies crumble and the false reality fades away.

They need to find God, the source, whatever and they need to do it quick. Lies and more of the same will change nothing for the better and assure only the worst possible outcome outside of chance alone.

edit on 3 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: schuyler

If you think we are really being visited, why do you need the government to tell you what you think is real?

When new species are discovered, does the government have to give disclosure for you to believe.

Disclosure is a straw man argument to provide a reason why ufology cannot produce credibility evidence, and distract from most ufologists are con artists.

How many new species of insects and microbes are discovered every year? But you cannot produce evidence of human sized creatures that eat, poop, have DNA, and fly large aircraft that consume fuel and interact with the environment?

"credible", not "credibility".

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

no they are just stuff to scare humans

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

"They" don't really know whats going on.

Only that they are now part of the problem.

And that there lies and disinformation would doom them and their agendas to oblivion should the truth ever be uttered in any kind of comprehensible manner.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Disclosure is slow to come for the reason that the full picture is frightening on so many levels and the fact that the govt. has come to the conclusion that they cannot protect us. Full and immediate disclosure would be a recipe for chaos across the world. In my opinion, that is why disclosure is being drip fed to us. I'd suggest reading George Knaaps book "Skinwalker Ranch" to see some of what we're up against.

My personal opinion is that Disclosure would be a good thing and allow our top minds to find ways to combat this incursion. maybe they are already trying that and failed...who knows at this point.
edit on 14-3-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DOACSTribe

Believe what they tell you and do what they say or they will hurt you.

Almost sounds rather Christian really.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If that sounds Christian to you, you are following the wrong Christian leaders!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

How do you combat a few million+ (possibly billions)years of evolution and technological achievements the likes of which we cannot even comprehend?

Because any race that can cross the vast distances between the stars or harness enough energies to tear open a wormhole between there existence and our own is simply beyond our ability to understand nevermind fight off in any kind of meaningful manner.

Such a race would be on par with our concept of God really.
edit on 14-3-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Nice OP, thanks for something useful here, S&F.

I don't think there is much to 'disclose', actually. Governments are not magical entities that have some kind of 'super power' - they are just a bunch of ordinary folks. They, like we, have seen these strange lights, have interviewed their staff and the public, have looked puzzled at the same stuff we have seen. They have been overwhelmed by the nonsensical nature of what is happening, like we all. Yes, something is going on, has been going on for a long time - but we don't get it.

And that's the only reason there is no 'disclosure' - there is nothing to disclose. We don't dig it.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I'm not following any Christian leaders.

Or any other form of Abrahamic religious practice for that matter.

Historically speaking what i said is completely in line with the respective Christian doctrine and practice throughout the ages.

Essentially do as i say or i will punish you in the name of God.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Obvious Answer: It’s not aliens from space. The people in favor of Disclosure, naively demanding the government come clean, have been incredibly myopic and simplistic about this. The issue must be much more fundamentally earth-shattering than a few midgets from space. It must be something that would hit the psyche of humanity in such a devastating manner that the think tanks are afraid of it, the insiders who know are afraid of it, and that those who know are so frightened of this that they are unwilling to tell the rest of government what the issues are. This must be a whole lot bigger than aliens from space. They’ve put a lid on this for a reason, and they must think it is a good reason.

Or there is nothing to disclosed outside of what we already have available to us. Unless contact started with Roswell one would think if aliens were here we would have known a long time ago, would have been apart of human culture a long time ago. I don't think the movie District 9 is too far off from how people would react and adopt in a short period of time to alien visitation. But what if aliens came here 100 years ago, or 200...500 etc no reason why they would not just be another humanoid type species among us just like if the Neanderthals didn't die off.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Public cover up is actually something I agree with, but for other reasons.

Either way, it's the best move. I am an avid military strategist. 9/10 reasons for a cover-up, and only 1/10, being "the right thing to do"

It's a perceptual falsehood. The best course of action is whatever keeps us alive longer. Non disclosure may literally be in our best interest as a whole, from a strict defense perception.

I am staunchly against disclosure. Any who fight for it, are foolish. IMO
edit on 14-3-2018 by Archivalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2018 by Archivalist because: Plurality change

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Think we have already announced our presence via the TV and other radio broadcasts into our local space-time not to mention our location and biological characteristics via that gold record on the Voyager probe.

If aliens exist they have probably always been here.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Alien disclosure wouldn't change my thoughts of god or the afterlife what so ever. I would imagine that these aliens will still need to abide by the same rules of reality that the rest of us are subjected to.

Who made them? Where did they come from? Why are they here in this reality? I would be willing to bet they can't answer those questions any better than we can.

The only fun I could imagine would be the reactions from of those who believe in false teachings or that believe in the word as created by man. Now that I would savor to the best of my ability even if it caused bad mojo from taking delight in another person's suffering.

I don't understand why the acknowledgement of aliens or the simple revelation would do anything to better explain this reality? It may enlighten us on the workings of the cosmos or a better idea of science, but to answer the questions that will not be answered while you still draw breath? Hahahhahahahaha. I guess it is fun to pretend.
edit on 14-3-2018 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
But what if aliens came here 100 years ago, or 200...500 etc no reason why they would not just be another humanoid type species among us just like if the Neanderthals didn't die off.

Could be. A couple hundred years ago we were all reading thrilling adventure tales of meeting freaky real humans in the jungles and stealing jewels from their idols. Maybe it wouldn't have been all that difficult to incorporate creatures from the stars into our Imperialistic Expansions into the farthest corners of our world. It would create that steampunk alternate reality that some people are fans of.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join