It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why White Evangelicalism Is So Cruel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

What an utter load of racist, bigoted BS!!!!! This belongs in the garbage.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Ever think about maybe trying a counterpoint.. maybe evidence thathat helps make your case???

Nah uh, is not a counterpoint.. no matter what Sean hannity may tell you..

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I was raised a christian..

I do t know what to tell you if you don’t like the fact the Bible is filled with ALOT of truely dispicable teachings..

Maybe find a religion that doesn’t???

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Jesus Christ.. do you guys even use counterpoints lol?!?!

Nah uh is not a counterpoint lol

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Raggedyman

I was raised a christian..

I do t know what to tell you if you don’t like the fact the Bible is filled with ALOT of truely dispicable teachings..

Ever think about maybe trying a counterpoint.. because this isnt harmonious???

You do know that Christianity and Judaism are two different faiths, that the Old Testament is different to the New Testament, that the Old Testament covenant is aimed at Hebrews and the New Testament covenant is just for Christians
That the teachings in the New Testament is for Christians, not everybody who reads them, that YOU DONT have to follow those teachings if you dont want, choose not to...

Being raised a christian does not make you a christian or even understand christianity, because clearly you dont

On slavery, should Jesus have caused a slave revolt, then you would be moaning about the deaths caused by a slave revolt, you dont have the capacity to think it seems

Yes the bible is full of despicable things, do you know why.....didnt think so.
Clearly you havnt engaged your brain as to why its not all unicorns and rainbows JC, clearly common sense is beyond your capacity

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Jesus Christ.. do you guys even use counterpoints lol?!?!

Nah uh is not a counterpoint lol

Here's a counterpoint for you.... the difference between Southern Baptists and the rest is the belief in the Trinity and not this racist garbage you libtards are pushing.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Or none. Maybe it's enough to just try to be a good, kind person who doesn't purposely try to screw over other people for personal gain. Might not get anybody into Heaven, but they might gain a little bit of peace on their deathbed.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow, some comments are shocking for ATS. I saw this post as a new perspective on american religion and history. Yet, I see so many posts saying, " what about the democrats", "this is racist liberalism!", or even just "libtard". It's pathetic guys. You can't even discuss this without resorting to political name calling. Immediately shifting to the left vs right political paradigm. Is the American political climate so bad that even ATS is filled with mindless republican or democrat drones?

Wake the f!ck up! Chrisrtianity was used as a tool in slavery and the OP explores that, amongst other things. Stop resorting to your mindless political drivel. This is ATS, stop falling into the political trap that divides us.
edit on 15-3-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Wow, some comments are shocking for ATS. I saw this post as a new perspective on american religion and history. Yet, I see so many posts saying, " what about the democrats", "this is racist liberalism!", or even just "libtard". It's pathetic guys. You can't even discuss this without resorting to political name calling. Immediately shifting to the left vs right political paradigm. Is the American political climate so bad that even ATS is filled with mindless republican or democrat drones?

Wake the f!ck up! Chrisrtianity was used as a tool in slavery and the OP explores that, amongst other things. Stop resorting to your mindless political drivel. This is ATS, stop falling into the political trap that divides us.

Hah..so you want to believe politics and mindless drivel was not at the very heart of the matter.

Again...liberal fear railing and telling us what to believe and how they cannot believe where scum can and does dwell.

Beyond all their imagination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join