It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shareblue Astroturf Analysis - AKA the real Bots of the Internets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Remember when the Russian Troll farms were the problem? Guess what. We have our own Domestic Troll farms too. Take a look.

Link to article

They lay out a compelling case of Bots being used to amplify this one persons tweets.

She retweeted herself 30,939 times from 63 unique sockpuppet accounts. This amounted to 15.6% of the 190k total tweets collected. In the first six weeks of 2018, she managed to retweet herself an average of 559 times per day.

In the past month, the total number of retweets was 132,773, for an average of 4200 per day. However, the number of retweets frequently reached over 6,000 per day and went up to a maximum of just shy of 8,000 retweets per day. Overall, Shareblue’s astroturfing campaign has the capacity to produce upwards of 50k retweets per week. It is important to note that this is all done in-house with a single person using software that costs $200 per month and fake accounts.

Mind you this is but ONE person doing this. Shareblue has or HAD, hundreds of people they paid doing the exact same thing this past election cycle. They will probably try to do the same this Midterms in 2018.

......But it's the Russian Trolls we should fear. ShareBlue got a pass by the MSM this last election. We need to make sure they get exposed this time around. Between Correct the Record and ShareBlue it's amazing Clinton still lost.

I'm sure Twitter is deleting all of these bogus Accounts as well, right?

Right.

edit on 12-3-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Maybey I should run that one script where I Google my favorite candidate a couple of a million times...a day.

Maybey I should spread that script ... make versions for: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc.

Let's influence :-)

I do not take payments btw.

join