It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Package Bomber Austin Texas-Do Not Open Packages 2 Dead 3 injured

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Breaking911 ‏ Verified account @Breaking911 2m2 minutes ago More

BREAKING: Austin bombs were sophisticated, with motion-based detonators and shrapnel. The devices also had some sort of safety switch, which enabled the bomber to move the devices without blowing themselves up - ABC News, citing sources

twitter.com...

New information on the devices. Starting to have similarities to the Unabomber. No matter the motive..it's terrorism.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Breaking911 ‏ Verified account @Breaking911 2m2 minutes ago More

BREAKING: Austin bombs were sophisticated, with motion-based detonators and shrapnel. The devices also had some sort of safety switch, which enabled the bomber to move the devices without blowing themselves up - ABC News, citing sources

twitter.com...

New information on the devices. Starting to have similarities to the Unabomber. No matter the motive..it's terrorism.
that makes me believe like I said before that these are test runs for a bigger target. All that work to kill one random person?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

Newest reports are that 2 of the families knew each other and were both activists for the community. Its looking like they were targeted.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime
That changes things then...any link to the article? What were they activists for?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Families of two people killed by package bombs left on their doorsteps in Austin knew each other and were connected through local activism in the black community, a civic leader said Tuesday. But it was not clear how they might be tied to a third household where a package bomb also exploded.

Investigators have said the three blasts that killed two people and wounded two others could have been hate crimes since all the victims were black or Hispanic. But they also said they have not ruled out any possible motive

apnews.com...

Good possiblility now that it's a hate crime. Race-related.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Families of two people killed by package bombs left on their doorsteps in Austin knew each other and were connected through local activism in the black community, a civic leader said Tuesday. But it was not clear how they might be tied to a third household where a package bomb also exploded.

Investigators have said the three blasts that killed two people and wounded two others could have been hate crimes since all the victims were black or Hispanic. But they also said they have not ruled out any possible motive

apnews.com...

Good possiblility now that it's a hate crime. Race-related.

They are not ruling out anything yet.

Could be because they are dems.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: FlyingFox

originally posted by: face23785
The attacker may not have even known whose house he was leaving the devices at.

"he"?

I'd assume that "he" was used since we do not know the sex of the person, and in proper English usage, we use
"he" for such an unspecified pronoun. At least, that's how we were taught back before PC nonsense was a thing.

Really? Have you a reference for that?

Lacking any foundation for your slur, you could just admit you're wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
FFS - some cockwomble [ sex - or is it gender - undetermined ] is planting bombs and people here are aguing over use of pronouns ???????????

just WTF ?????????????????????????

maybe the idiot " identifies " as a B-2 bomber - and is " expresing themself " by blowing people uop

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: face23785
The attacker may not have even known whose house he was leaving the devices at.

"he"?

I'd assume that "he" was used since we do not know the sex of the person, and in proper English usage, we use
"he" for such an unspecified pronoun. At least, that's how we were taught back before PC nonsense was a thing.

Really? Have you a reference for that?

Lacking any foundation for your slur, you could just admit you're wrong.

No I don't have the elementary school grammar books I used decades ago. That was the standard, however. Arbitrary usage, which we all assumed was because "he" was fewer letters. Only people who are insecure worry about an indefinite pronoun being male instead of female.

But, hey, you could have used the internet to check for yourself.....

For years, if the gender of an individual referred to in a sentence is unknown, “he” would be used as the generic pronoun.
source

For years, the masculine pronouns (he, his, him) graced most literary work when referring to a non-specific gender.
source

It’s often important to use language which implicitly or explicitly includes both men and women, making no distinction between the genders. This can be tricky when it comes to pronouns. In English, a person's gender is explicit in the third person singular pronouns (i.e., he, she, his, hers, etc.). There are no personal pronouns that can refer to someone (as opposed to something) without identifying whether that person is male or female. So, what should you do in sentences such as these?

If your child is thinking about a gap year, ? can get good advice from this website.

A researcher has to be completely objective in ? findings.

In the past, people tended to use the pronouns he, his, him, or himself in situations like this:

If your child is thinking about a gap year, he can get good advice from this website.

A researcher has to be completely objective in his findings.

Today, this approach is seen as outdated and sexist. There are other options which allow you to arrive at a ‘gender-neutral’ solution, as follows:

You can use the wording ‘he or she’, ‘his or her’, etc.:

source

Plain enough for you? Some of us don't give a rat's patootie about the PC nonsense, and don't consider it to be "sexist" to arbitrarily use a single pronoun.

Lacking any foundation for your claims, care to admit defeat yet?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

If they're making bombs that sophisticated it generally either means these aren't the first bombs they've made or they have military training. Possibly both.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is what happens when you trust the EU and let them invade your country! Bombings, provocations, wildfires, unabombers etc...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Anyone tracking the odds on this being Atomwaffen yet?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Atomwaffen? That's a possibility.

Another thought since the victims knew each other is are there any attacks where only one person was hit yet survived? I'm thinking about that case in Utah where a document forger had attacked himself with a bomb in an attempt to drive up the price of a forged document. I believe he made up some stuff about the Church of Mormon and was claiming that the church didn't want it released.

Now I don't think this case is related to a fake document, I do think that the suspect might/will target themselves in an attempt to throw off investigators.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I do not understand, unless they are not making it public, how nobody has seen anything? Especially with the new bombs having trip wires, so they are blowing without even being opened?
Doesn't that take some time to set up?

Sounds like this person must have some type of training, not only for the bombs, but to be so "stealthy?"

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
can't believe the lack of interest in this...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BilboBaggins3
can't believe the lack of interest in this...

I'm following it here & there, but it's really muddled at best right now.

Though I have a sneaking suspicion that says it's not getting much national attention because it's either not easy to or outright impossible to tie the usual bombing scapegoats (Muslim/Immigrant) to it. Can't ruffle feathers without that, ergo, not a viewer/reader draw.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The 5th package was addressed to a home in Austin. I bet the residents at that home are having their lives ripped apart. Feds will be looking at every angle of their pasts. This could have been a random address but no stone left unturned.

The way the bombings are escalating with trip wires, mail bombs, different types of i.e.d.'s and random targets,it's looking to me like he/they will likely go for bigger targets, like car bombs or in the park.

Reminds me more of the DC shooters than it does the unabomber at this point. They don't care who they kill, they just want to kill. I think it's at least 2 people involved.

ap

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
March 21.. Austin bomber tracked down and blew himself up in his car after being confronted by police.

Mark Anthony Conditt....
A 24 yo white male. Still unknown motive.
edit on 21-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: keeping original thread up to date

edit on 21-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

<< 1  2   >>

join