It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Package Bomber Austin Texas-Do Not Open Packages 2 Dead 3 injured

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: WarPig1939

There is no known motive at this time, but Manley said both blasts took place at homes of African-American residents so authorities "cannot rule out that hate crime is at the core of this."

From the Fox link provided in the OP.

I dunno, that seems kind of weird to me if its hate crime related. Must be a real nut job doing this. But then again, the world's full of them!

talk about race baiting damm.. It does not rule out black on black violence either, or gang activity.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ban mail..

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

If it happens too much, you might see someone trying to advocate for it. Picking up mail only at the post office... Imagine the horror of that one. Expect the unexpected.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
March 18th is the anniversary of the 1937 New London School explosion which killed 295.
"Gone at 3:17: The Untold Story of the Worst School Disaster in American History"
Too early to tell where this "bombing" investigation will go.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Way to make it all 'bout yer guns...
Even though this has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR GUNS!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
After reading about this I had a thought that maybe this is just random. Maybe the bomb builder is testing his ability and design on a few random houses getting ready for his actual real target with a much bigger bomb.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The attacker may not have even known whose house he was leaving the devices at.

"he"?
edit on 12-3-2018 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Ban mail..

Ban jumping to conclusions.

Ban trying to turn anything into "my gunz" and the whole "black on black violence" card.

edit on 12-3-2018 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

As bad as this is, I have one observation. Why didn't they do this during the Christmas season when everyone expects anonymous packages? Also, although the odds would be slim, can you imagine a package thief opening that box in the getaway car as they race off?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Wow, a harmless old lady. Not to dismiss the other victims, but how f#ing depraved do you have to be to bomb an old lady?

Maybe if she would have had a gun...

Man, this is getting so old that I have to type this in a thread about bombs being left on people's doorsteps,
But several responses are nothing more than shallow "dernt take mah guns" and "black on black violence" that it really makes me wonder what direction ATS is heading.

Oh...not aimed toward you Nyiah, I know where your heart is at and bless you.
edit on 12-3-2018 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
hey - lets have a conspiracy theory :

given the industry background of mr house .

he was the only target victim [ motive unknown - but corruption // revenge ?? ]

other attacks are random to make it look like terrorism // hate crimes

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 13-3-2018 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Yikes, that could happen so easily, to anyone. I guess, if ordering anything, pay extra, for signed delivery, so you KNOW it's legit, and call cops for anything else. I wonder if there is any pattern to the targets.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: TonyS

It's too early for authorities to be speculating on motive being race, if it's only because the first victims are black. They wouldn't be saying race if victims were white. Maybe they have other reasons, and i haven't heard the race of the 3rd victim yet.

edit..third victim is black also.

One of the victims is Hispanic. Anyone know anything about the area all these happened in? Austin's population is only about 8% black according to the 2010 census, but 35% Hispanic or Latino. Like most cities they are likely concentrated in particular neighborhoods. If the attacker is targeting a particular area that happens to have a high black and/or Hispanic populations, it could simply be a coincidence.

They really shouldn't be spreading racial animosity unless there's some evidence to back it up.

Yeah, and we also need to remember that, if this is a serial killer sort, not a terrorist, those tend to (though not always) target people of their own race. Could also be someone sick enough to do this to try and make it look like someone else is targeting a minority. Way too early to speculate, in any case. Evil action, whomever is responsible.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

The attacker may not have even known whose house he was leaving the devices at.

"he"?

I'd assume that "he" was used since we do not know the sex of the person, and in proper English usage, we use
"he" for such an unspecified pronoun. At least, that's how we were taught back before PC nonsense was a thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Aside from LadyGreenEyes entirely legitimate explanation of the use of the word "he", it is worth also keeping in mind that historically speaking, bombers are next to always male. Women make up a tiny percentage of criminal bombers, such that use of the word "he" is not only grammatically correct, as LGE stated previously, but very likely to be an accurate description of the bombers likely gender.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Technically, as of right now this person would be considered a spree killer, not a serial killer. Spree killers tend to go after targets of opportunity. It's not so much about targeting a specific victim and hunting them down.

Bombers are also a whole different breed than your average, run-of-the-mill, murderer. In a lot of cases they are specifically trying to make a statement.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They are looking at neighbors and the areas security cameras to try to i.d. him. Cameras are everywhere nowadays, so if he delivered them in person they should be able to get a lead on him.

Unless he delivered the bombs by drone, just randomly dropping the packages at people's homes. The bombs were found early in the mornings, so it's not entirely impossible.

I never thought i would be typing the above sentence in my lifetime. Wow...the future is here..and it's scary. Some crazy nuts out there. It's only matter of time before we start seeing drones used as weapons of mass destruction on citizens.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Put an AR15 on a drone and you'll definitely get support from a side.

Hell maybe a .22 made to look like an AR.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
if you let a bomb go off in a city, youre a terrorist. even more so if you kill people. why do americans need to debate so much over this.
edit on 13-3-2018 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join