It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Package Bomber Austin Texas-Do Not Open Packages 2 Dead 3 injured

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A warning is going out to residents of Austin Texas after 2 deadly explosions today killed a teenager and injured at least 2 others. This is the third such explosion this week.

www.foxnews.com...

A teenager was killed and at least two women were seriously hurt after a pair of explosions rocked homes in Austin on Monday -- just two weeks after a third blast which authorities said is linked to at least one of Monday's incidents. Austin Police said they received a call about the first explosion in a neighborhood on the northeast side of the city around 6:45 a.m., after the 17-year-old resident found a package on the front step, brought it inside, and opened it in the kitchen where it exploded. "It is very similar to the incident that occurred in Austin on March 2," Austin Police Chief Brian Manley told reporters.

The packages are being placed on the front porch and authorites don't believe the Post Office or any other delivery service left it.

Stay safe Austin..Hopefully they catch this person soon and it doesn't take years like the unabomber.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My condolences to the victims of the tragedy. I hope the FBI/Law Enforcement do their jobs on this.

Looked it up
edit on 12-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Both targetted homes were African-American.... If you are going that route

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

There is no known motive at this time, but Manley said both blasts took place at homes of African-American residents so authorities "cannot rule out that hate crime is at the core of this."

From the Fox link provided in the OP.

I dunno, that seems kind of weird to me if its hate crime related. Must be a real nut job doing this. But then again, the world's full of them!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Oh great. Just what we need. MSM is gonna have a field day with this...

I can only imagine what will happen next.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Texas is home to one of the larger contingents of Atomwaffen.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What a # world.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's too early for authorities to be speculating on motive being race, if it's only because the first victims are black. They wouldn't be saying race if victims were white. Maybe they have other reasons, and i haven't heard the race of the 3rd victim yet.

edit..third victim is black also.
edit on 12-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

But they "Don't Exist" ...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

There is no known motive at this time, but Manley said both blasts took place at homes of African-American residents so authorities "cannot rule out that hate crime is at the core of this."

From the Fox link provided in the OP.

I dunno, that seems kind of weird to me if its hate crime related. Must be a real nut job doing this. But then again, the world's full of them!

I'm sure the Revrund Jackson is already on a plane.....

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is terrible, how very tragic for these families. May God lead the minds and hands of the investigators to get to the root of this terror plot against these innocent Texans.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think the kids from Florida should go on media tour asking for package control.

No one under 20 can buy a empty package box. Assault packages need to be banned

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

It's too early for authorities to be speculating on motive being race, if it's only because the first victims are black. They wouldn't be saying race if victims were white. Maybe they have other reasons, and i haven't heard the race of the 3rd victim yet.

edit..third victim is black also.

One of the victims is Hispanic. Anyone know anything about the area all these happened in? Austin's population is only about 8% black according to the 2010 census, but 35% Hispanic or Latino. Like most cities they are likely concentrated in particular neighborhoods. If the attacker is targeting a particular area that happens to have a high black and/or Hispanic populations, it could simply be a coincidence.

They really shouldn't be spreading racial animosity unless there's some evidence to back it up.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The first victim Anthony Stephan House 39 years old... lived in the city's northeast Harris Ridge neighborhood.
www.foxnews.com...

The 17 year old second victim who died.. lived on northeast side at the 4800 block of Oldfort Hill Dr. A woman in her 40s was also seriously injured. Probably the teen's mother.

3rd bombing victim in her 70s lived in the Montopolis neighborhood at 6700 block of Galindo St. southeast of downtown Austin.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 12-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: face23785

The first victim Anthony Stephan House 39 lived in the city's northeast Harris Ridge neighborhood.
www.foxnews.com...

The 17 year old second victim lived on northeast side at the 4800 block of Oldfort Hill Dr. A woman in her 40s was also seriously injured. Probably the teen's mother.

3rd bombing victim in her 70s lived in the Montopolis neighborhood at 6700 block of Galindo St. southeast of downtown Austin.

www.foxnews.com...

I just heard a reporter say the 2 scenes from today are very near each other. The phrase he used was "around the corner". On Google maps 4801 Oldfort Hill Dr and 6701 Galindo St are over 5 miles from each other.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow, a harmless old lady. Not to dismiss the other victims, but how f#ing depraved do you have to be to bomb an old lady?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Wow, a harmless old lady. Not to dismiss the other victims, but how f#ing depraved do you have to be to bomb an old lady?

The police aren't certain the victims were specifically targeted. They may have been chosen at random. The attacker may not have even known whose house he was leaving the devices at.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Looks like the bomber spent the weekend building. Probably stop for a few months then a bunch that will go off in a day that he has been building up. Just my theory. No sane person will open a package they didn't know was coming

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
More information on the 1st victim...Anthony S. House

Quarries, a company that supplies Texas limestone to clients all over the United States. House has held this position since 2015. According to his LinkedIn page, he had worked on projects for companies including Toyota One north American Headquarters, UT Education and engineering School, and UT Robert Rowlin Hall.

Before that, House worked as a senior project manager at ETBC Contractors Inc. The job description reads: “Lead project manager within the southwest united states region over seeing large industrial building construction and installations.” House worked at the company for seven years.

Previous jobs listed include”hedge fund manager” at House Capital Management from March 2003 through January 2009, and Private Equity Investment Manager at Samac Enterprises, from January 2000 through March 2006.

heavy.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Shouldn't be anymore deaths then really because people will now know NOT to pick up and open boxes which have been left on their porchfront with no details of where they came.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join