It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member, old guest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Let's see... Been coming here for about 10 years now. I'm more of a casual reader of new posts.

I guess the main reason I haven't made an account before now is because I don't have the time, patience or crayons to argue with a lot of you in the political posts. I'm not left or right. I'm not quite sure what I am. I simultaneously agree and disagree both sides on a rather large variety of subjects.

What do they call that? Playing devil's advocate? Or just playing the devil? Sure, I could look it up. But, we didn't have google for everything when I was a kid. And, I'm lazy.

It's somewhat hard for me to wrap my mind around the concept of treating your political party like a football team. Always standing behind it no matter how bad they lose while making excuses and rubbing it in the other teams' faces when you win while claiming moral victory. Such garbage.

I voted for Obama and didn't vote for either two-face or the joker in this election, but I'm sure as hell OVERJOYED Trump (joker) won over that victim of circuspants (two-face). I actually voted for that idiot, Gary Johnson, just for the lulz...

So, where do I belong? To the left, where nothing is right? Or to the right, where nothing is left?

I think I'll enjoy my balcony seat for a while longer before I toss any oily rags on your opinions.

For now, if I do decide to participate in any conversation, it will be in a neutral setting such as jokes/puns, music, movies, TV, video games... etc

I'm open to any questions anyone may have in general. Just don't try to bait me. Or try to... who knows? We might have a bit of fun with each other.

Oh, and while you've got me here speaking... can a mod give me a detailed list of profanity that I can't use? (catch 22?
) I ask because not everyone's idea of obscene is the same. To me, they are just words. Only if you are weak do they have any power over you.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hi and welcome, first flag for you!

I too consider myself neither left nor right; while I can agree and disagree with arguments from both sides, I consider myself a centrist.

Have fun, I'll see you around the boards!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DVSNME

I simultaneously agree and disagree both sides on a rather large variety of subjects.

What do they call that? Playing devil's advocate? Or just playing the devil? Sure, I could look it up. But, we didn't have google for everything when I was a kid. And, I'm lazy.

You're not lazy, you're you. I call that being individual.

Good for you not getting sucked into the 'dust devil'.

Be careful, here its a spinin' all the time.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DVSNME
Let's see... Been coming here for about 10 years now. I'm more of a casual reader of new posts.

I guess the main reason I haven't made an account before now is because I don't have the time, patience or crayons to argue with a lot of you in the political posts. I'm not left or right. I'm not quite sure what I am. I simultaneously agree and disagree both sides on a rather large variety of subjects.

It's somewhat hard for me to wrap my mind around the concept of treating your political party like a football team. Always standing behind it no matter how bad they lose while making excuses and rubbing it in the other teams' faces when you win while claiming moral victory. Such garbage.

I voted for Obama and didn't vote for either two-face or the joker in this election, but I'm sure as hell OVERJOYED Trump (joker) won over that victim of circuspants (two-face). I actually voted for that idiot, Gary Johnson, just for the lulz...

So, where do I belong? To the left, where nothing is right? Or to the right, where nothing is left?

I think I'll enjoy my balcony seat for a while longer before I toss any oily rags on your opinions.

For now, if I do decide to participate in any conversation, it will be in a neutral setting such as jokes/puns, music, movies, TV, video games... etc

I'm open to any questions anyone may have in general. Just don't try to bait me. Or try to... who knows? We might have a bit of fun with each other.

Oh, and while you've got me here speaking... can a mod give me a detailed list of profanity that I can't use? (catch 22?
) I ask because not everyone's idea of obscene is the same. To me, they are just words. Only if you are weak do they have any power over you.

welcome but i'll give u a month until u get banned.

Take a deep breath and walk away is hard.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Oh, and while you've got me here speaking... can a mod give me a detailed list of profanity that I can't use?

If you can't say it on network TV, you can't say it here.

join