It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation: Karma recycling & religious beliefs : Overwhelming evidence and the LOA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So ive been reading up on reincarnation and after reading accounts and interviews i believe it to be tied into religious belief and traditions also birth marks feature prominent from previous lives death injuries the karmic ramifications are prominent ex, life to life level stature stays the same but the time from death to birth varies and locations stay relatively local like the same country and state.

I was wondering if anyone could tie in the LOA in to it because of the belief and also that it doesn't feature prominently in other traditions and religions so its not paid attention to or reported when not believed in.

but wow some of the cases ive read really got me wondering how come only certain areas and locations and belief systems??? or is it everywhere and we just dont pay enough attention?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Didn't Jesus Christ claim that John The Baptist, who was born of Elizabeth and Zacharias, was the return of Elijah?

It would seem that reincarnation happens, but there appears to be a better world without limitations (Eden/Paradise). While we are here, we can have compassion for all beings to ease the suffering and bring more peace.
edit on 3-12-2018 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

No on John the Baptist. Jesus said he was the greatest prophet since Elijah, not a reincarnation
For mine, as a Christian, people who remember passed lives are suffering possession of an evil spirit who have possessed people in the passed

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Actually, it does say that John The Baptist is Elijah (spelled "Elias" in Greek):

Matthew 11:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

Matthew 17:12-13 King James Version (KJV)

12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Reincarnation is taught.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ok so which sect's believe d in reincarnation at that time if it was accepted as fact the translation may hold it's easier to list the religion s that DONT believe in reincarnation certain sect's in Judaism and Islam accept reincarnation Christian Orthodox too I believe....the belief is prominent.....

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

The Ancient Sumerians didn't believe in reincarnation, neither did The Ancient Egyptians. The Ancient Egyptians only believed in resurrection, that one day the gods will raise the dead and judge the world and that the good will be in paradise with the gods while the bad will be in a lake of fire.

Confucianism didn't have reincarnation in it until it was influenced by Buddhism. Before, they just believed that when a person died, they went to Heaven with Shangdi (which means "Most High").

I think Aztecs and Inca peobably didn't believe in reincarnation either but the Mayans did.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
There is a concept called 'Spiritual Leases'. In the spiritual world, each and every family has a certain expanse of territory.

For this spiritual land to be maintained, the family must sacrifice one of their family members to the devil. These are called Fourth Generation Curses.

LOA forces the family victim to feeling that they must follow a certain life path. Unbeknown to the victim, they are following a set path that will keep the family on their spiritual property. Reincarnation often allows this process to be maintained.

Look at how personal skills of today could have been used centuries ago. This shows how Law of Attraction has made sure that the person sticks to the same talents and the same town/district/country.

Faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to break these 'contracts' with the devil.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I use the LOA all the time, I never thought it would work but some times it gets uncanny almost freaky.
I am not religious and I am not a believer in woo-woo of any sort...usually. But the LOA seems to work. Maby it just focus's ones mind too the goals at hand or maby somthing more.

Here is a little example from my life although it's not a very personal one. I've gotten every hearthstone legendary card I ever wanted with no money spent. Sure I didn't get them instantly but as long as i held what I wanted in my mind sure enough 3,4,5 packs bang the exact card I wanted. Then I'd think of a new card 2-3 more packs from saved gold and again the exact card I wanted.

LOA= Law of Attraction

edit on 12-3-2018 by Athetos because: Didn't want to get confused with what ever Rapha is goin on about,sacrifice free over here baby!

edit on 12-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
a reply to: Rapha

What the hell are you talking about?

I’d ask the same of you with regards to your OP? Also the Jesuits were a very nasty sect of religious nut Jobs, are you even aware of that?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

There is the idea that only a few people reincarnate, the rest of humanity only live once and go to a separate afterlife.
edit on 3/12/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Elijah and John the Baptist were two separate people.

Jesus was talking about John the Baptist being a prophetic person, a messenger, just as Elijah was. Jesus was comparing how great of a messenger that John the Baptist was going to be.

Elijah did not die. He was taken up to heaven in a whirlwind.
2 Kings 2:11

“And as they still went on and talked, behold, chariots of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.”

The Bible is quite clear that John the Baptist is called “Elijah” because he came in the “spirit and power of Elijah” (Luke 1:17), not because he was Elijah in a literal sense. John the Baptist is the New Testament forerunner who points the way to the arrival of the Lord, just as Elijah filled that role in the Old Testament (and might again in the future—see Revelation 11). www.gotquestions.org...

From a Christian perspective reincarnation is not possible. Jesus died for us and took on our sins. We have the choice to accept him as our Savior. For us to die and be reborn over and over again takes away any point of Jesus’ gift.

Reincarnation can definitely be a demon oppressing/possessing another person to fool us. Anything that takes away our focus from Jesus is the devil’s plan.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The closest the bible comes to an affirmation of reincarnation is when the disciples, asking Jesus about a man he had just healed that had been born blind, who sinned his parents or him, and Jesus replied neither, he was born blind to show the power of God through the "Son of Man." meaning himself. And in the verse where Jesus states "I tell you that Elijah has returned and they have done whatever they desired with him," speaking of the beheading of John the Baptist. John being said to have come “in the spirit and power of Elijah.”

see Matthew 11:14, 17:11-13; Mark 9:13; Luke 1:17

This points towards reincarnation a commonly held belief at the time. In cultures where it is accepted as fact, children around three years old have been known to relate names and histories of people they could not have known, more often than not in distant cities, but the information frequently proves to be accurate."

The Near Death Experience and Hypnotic past life regression studies done by Dr. Raymond Moody and Dr. Michael Newton both show that reincarnation is a possibility.

Reincarnation hints at a longer range plan than most organized religions want to admit to.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
YouTube the Kybalion and the Teaching of Tehuti...two separate but connected tracts....enjoy!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I didn't mean it in a bad way just the way the post was presented didn't make sense to me w/o prior knowledge I picked my user name randomly and had no connection to what I believe other than it was unique and spooky the stigma attached for ATS was perfect- it elicited reaction

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Didn't Jesus Christ claim that John The Baptist, who was born of Elizabeth and Zacharias, was the return of Elijah?

It would seem that reincarnation happens, but there appears to be a better world without limitations (Eden/Paradise). While we are here, we can have compassion for all beings to ease the suffering and bring more peace.

The only problem with your assertion, is that the prophet Elijah did not die.

11 And as they still went on and talked, behold, wchariots of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Im more interested in modern cases with actual living persons the case studies involving birthmarks proves very interesting what do we take with us and how can it be delveoped to actually carry with us into another life? Would they be traits learned in school or personallity habits developed over a lifetime? Anyone familiar with Dr Stevenson's or others research please chime in
edit on 12-3-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If reincarnation is real, what's the limit?

The human population keeps growing, what if there is 1 more person out there than the alotted number of souls?

Is there a spiritual warehouse dimension stocked with souls waiting to be reprogrammed and sent out again?

Are new souls ever made or do they ascend/descend from animal and plant life too?

Did John the Baptist become Elijah then re-emerge on this planet later as Larry the banana tree?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

Interesting ... I would say that warehouse is unlimited and whatever lessons to be learned are reincarnated untill learned Larry the banana tree posses a whole new dilemma of getting reincarnated back to an animal state like the Buddhist teaching

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

If reincarnation is real, what's the limit?

The human population keeps growing, what if there is 1 more person out there than the alotted number of souls?

Is there a spiritual warehouse dimension stocked with souls waiting to be reprogrammed and sent out again?

Consider the idea that this planet isn't the only place in the universe that holds life...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join