It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistance needed from our Aircraft experts on the TTSA “Go Fast” FA-18 Super Hornet footage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I believe it's banking 5 degrees to the left

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I believe it's banking 5 degrees to the left

Correct, but the video says the plane is in a right turn. I'm just wondering if I am interpreting the video incorrectly or did the "experts" make a mistake.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

I've only listened to USAF training comms. If this is how the Navy behaves...well it is a bit embarrassing.

BTW, on the initial screen where they are explaining the display, isn't the plane in a left turn rather than a right turn?

I mean, they just caught a UFO on their scope. I'd probably be a little excited too.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

actually to give some credit to ttsa. I reviewed the pitch ladder and it does appear to be banking 5 to starboard.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
But..but UFO,s dont bank...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

actually to give some credit to ttsa. I reviewed the pitch ladder and it does appear to be banking 5 to starboard.

I think I see the problem. The plane is displayed as level and the horizon is tilted. So if the horizon were displayed as level, the plane would bank to the right.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

yeah the pitch ladder shows where the horizons orientation should be compared to your pitch.

still the numbers are being crunched by others and it doesn't add up to anything spectacular. plus zaph kinda debunked it with a very plausible explanation with his comments.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Video of cruise missiles heading toward Baghdad ... looks very similar

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Shot off the East Coast - Pax River is in Maryland.
Supposedly shot in 2015-IRST21 approved for production in 2015.
Crew gets excited they can auto track target.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Thank you Zaphod.

Can you tell me how you know it’s a Lockheed IRST21 and not the Raytheon AN/ASQ 228 ATFLIR pod TTS claims it is?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I don't, but the IRST21 was being tested at the same time, and was carried on a different station than the ATFLIR, so they might have had both running, using the ATFLIR as a control type system. It would have been tested off the East Coast, at least some of the tests would have been in an F-18F, allowing the back seat pilot to control the system, and it would have been tested against multiple types of targets including UAVs.

A system test fits everything about the video significantly better than an alien spaceship as many are suggesting. It's also a better fit than an aircraft from another nation. The pilots wouldn't necessarily be able to identify the type of UAV used, because it wouldn't be used for much beyond targeting and possibly live fire situations.
edit on 3/12/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you for your insight. It’s much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Video of cruise missiles heading toward Baghdad ... looks very similar

My first thought was formation flying???!!! Here is a Wired commentary, which mind to doesn't necessarily have to be the final answer.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
And there I thought I was posting a video that could of been something similar to the TTSA video and help determine what the F-18 had been tracking then you go and post your reply. Damn you lol!

Having read that link you provided it does make sense though. I'd seen the video that I posted many times and I always have enjoyed watching it but I'll be honest a part of me did think that how do a group of 7 (I think) cruise missiles fly together like that. Your link made that thought a little more solid. Your link says that the 'cruise missiles' could of possibly been geese but the C-130 filming it and it's speed make the geese seem to be flying quickly

I'm just wondering then perhaps if the TTSA footage is simply the crew tracking a bird and the audio when an airman says 'what is that?' Is simply him not being able to recognise what they are tracking, if it's a bird it's too small to make out a shape.

Thanks for ruining my reply lol

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Another reddit source who alleges combat flight experience noticed that the “ Gimbal “ clip released last December by TTSA and this new clip have identical PRF codes. Both clips have a PRF code of 1688 shown on the forward display of each clip.

The poster suggests that the odds of that happening are not probable ( he mentions his own experience with a PRF code designation he specifically had while operating over seas).

His ultimate theory is that The Gimbal and Go Fast videos are one in the same, either spliced or manipulated to look like two different incidents?

Any insight on PRF codes?

www.reddit.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Has it been claimed to be of to separate incidents?

Just wondering...

BT

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It's the Pulse Repetition Frequency. It's used for the laser designation system. Each aircraft, on each mission sets a different PRF. That keeps weapons dropped from one aircraft from seeing the laser from another.

It's entirely possible to see codes repeated, but the odds of two aircraft, on opposite coasts running the same code, years apart, and both happening to track something are so remote as to be damn near impossible.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

One supposedly was taken by an F-18 off the Nimitz in 2004, off San Diego and the other off the East Coast in 2015 from what I understand. I haven't looked that closely at it though.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

Has it been claimed to be of to separate incidents?

Just wondering...

BT

The conversation is hashing a few different theory.

- the Gimbal and Go Fast are the same incident taken at different points of the incident. I went back and listened to the audio of the pilot(s) and WSO(s) in each and they sound similar but I couldn’t positively say if they are the same guys.

- TTSA manipulated the video to create two separate incidents ( to create more for public release)

- the clips were manipulated ( by TTSA or the Govt) in an effort meet declassification specifications.

Among other theories. Nothing confirmed but certainly worth investigation and certainly deserves a TTSA explanation.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: beetee

One supposedly was taken by an F-18 off the Nimitz in 2004, off San Diego and the other off the East Coast in 2015 from what I understand. I haven't looked that closely at it though.

That is easily mixed up Zaphod.

The two clips with identical PRF codes are the Gimbal and Go Fast. Both are alleged to be separate incidents off the East coast in 2015.

The USS Nimitz incident was the 2nd clip released back in December ( tic tac) and off San Diego in 2004. That PRF code was different.

Is it possible that the same aircraft , out of the same air base was used by different pilots / WSOs on different days but the PRF code was the same ?

And thanks again in advance Zaphod and all here in the Aircraft forum for your insights .

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yes. Aircraft don't have permanently assigned crews. They're assigned based on availability. As for the PRF code, as long as the aircraft didn't deploy and have to change it, it could have been left set.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join