It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban on quantum computing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ok don't get me wrong im all about human realization. But i personally believe quantum computers mixed with a.i. and psychotronics is death incarnate. It is to me a schizophrenic break in the mind of a mad scientist.

It all harkens to me the line in Jurassic Park - you did'nt think about whether you should do it, you just thought if you could" or along those lines.

So now we have cern. Evil. Death. Mass destruction looming.

It is like the rice in water expiriment. Take 3 jars of rice in water. Label one bad, one neutral word, on loved. The loved one lives longer. In water.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

just drop AI.solved.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Lol we don’t even understand percisely how quantum computers work, allot strange explanations have been given to me as crazy as multidimensional mechanics.. I AM not worried about a.i yet we are still the most advanced forms of technology on the planet even with our aging anomaly.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As of late keeping up with things. Ok nevermind that. This just occurred to me. If you've ever played skyrim. Its very magical and primitive. That to me is our discovery of the basis's for life itself.

But there are, i believe and have experienced a handful of beings opposed to the human race. They use quanta to twist our realities.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wonder if blockchain technology will last long enough to be rendered obsolete by quantum computing.

Walk all over our encryption.

World will be an open book to whoever controls the machines.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
People have been saying the same thing about all sorts of technologies every time something new comes out. However, there is a major concern with quantum computing, but it's not what you have in your op...
When quantum computers become a thing, passwords and encryption worldwide will be rendered useless. There's kindof a race right now to develop quantum-resistant encryption algorithms before someone manages to build a working quantum computer. If a country were to obtain a functioning quantum computer before that happens, they'd have the keys to the universe, to to say.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It is like the rice in water expiriment. Take 3 jars of rice in water. Label one bad, one neutral word, on loved. The loved one lives longer. In water.

I'd like to see a brain experiment done with the same specs. Stalin, that crazy German mustache guy and ... Bush wait no, he's still alive. Dunno make one up.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Peeple never said that.... never mind. Mistread hap.

edit on 11-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

at least this is not rambling post about his refrigerator

syrim sucks btw op. beat that game and all the elder scroll games(other than daggerfall) they all are busy work and after a certain lvl are easy

but to your point. quantum computers are tools, and very basic ones. they arent like a pc. they are good at big problems like encryption or genetic stuff, basically big math.

if a.i were to exist it will be an emergent property of the internet, may or may not take some coaxing to make happen but a.i will more then likly make it's self known for self preservation, i.e we dont pull the plug
edit on 11-3-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

So now we have cern. Evil. Death. Mass destruction looming.

Hyperbole much?
Basically you dont understand CERN and what they are doing so that must mean its Evil, Death, Mass destruction looming.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Meh quantum computers will begin the next paradigm shift. They are more than just expensive calculators... if I had to guess and it’s not really a big mystery we will be the ones that cause our extinction money of course will be what stimulates us to that development....

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is the cutting edge of the current planetary conflict, Good AI verses Evil AI.

The team that reaches singularity first will rule the Earth.

Where you been at?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Artificial intelligence is hyped. Anything is AI at the moment.

Quantum computing, just like the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, won't bring the world to an end. Quantum computing just uses the properties of things that most people outside of a physics PHD don't really understand. How quantum computing works is deeply baffling, but it just takes advantage of what is going on at a (sub) atomic level all around us.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I know i sound a little batty. But to me humanity is evil. Quantum computing is a bad idea to me. I believe life is energy too. How do we know our radios, wifi, radar isnt affecting lifeforms made of energy?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I pity you.
I see more good than evil all the time maybe If you opened up your eyes and looked you would see it also.
Think more positive dude.
Oh and seeing The Quantum A.I is going to design us all spaceship robot bodies (Giant) I say welcome to our new amazing pal.(when they invent him)...(Or her) hhhmmm will the A.I choose a gender I wonder?.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Perhaps you should read this...
"I'll Show You How to Bring Me to Your World"

See I am nutty nut when it comes to all things computer related (Been in IT for 25 years) several portions have seemed not so much inventive but bizarre.

I'll watch movies like the Avengers and in the plot (taken from the comicbooks) they brainwash people with the Tesseract into building a portal to bring an Alien invasion force to Earth.

IMHO that is very possibly the same thing to building a quantum computer/CERN will create...

The comics of the 60's described this very thing and if you know who John C Lilly is then there is something more behind this than our own human ambition, it is the Solid State Entity's design!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Sucks, yet you apparently wasted A LOT of your time playing "all of the elder scrolls."
So Obviously you enjoyed it.
why would you dump the 100+ hours into the game to beat it if it soooo bad?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

bitterness

ETA: it was a new game and my friends got me into it, at the start its amazing then i get board. but that happens to me with all games and i lose interest and reflect on the time 'wasted' i could have been playing 'better' games.

but its still not magical or the best game ever
edit on 12-3-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I admit quests get repetative and i hate how the maps set up. But it is beautiful artistry and intuitive that everyone talks.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

yeah its a good game by any definition but like you said its rinse and repeat, and if you lvl up quickly it gets a little to easy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join