It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythological creatures are real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think people treat people who aren't the same different, not kool. It's happened throughout all of history. Werewolfs are hairy people that society threw to the wild, so if we are walking through the woods, see a really hairy human that society threw to the wolves, werewolf. Mermaids are people who had their legs grown together, some very beautiful, still thrown out of society for, god what's them to be part of the sea they said. Vampires probably had a deficiency in the blood they couldn't cure with herbs, so they thought blood was their only cure, we can do transplants & use pills now, they didn't know that then. 2 headedness is rare, it happens, other thing do too. Societies h have a tendency to forget the past & judge the present. Giants exist today, dwarfs, elves, all deformations, doesn't make them a study project or something or some rumored made up stuff stuff. Most mythological creatures are real even today, we just don't throw em out to where we think god made em for anymore for the most part. Same thing goes with animals. Even if sasquatch was real, don't ya think it would be some huge hairy human society threw out when they were small children learned how to survive through the wild, became what we know as half human half beast? All because that person or people weren't or wasn't accepted. We think it's cruel now, but the whole world doesn't think the same, even some now still think that deformations are what god made people to live in specific places like the woods or water, especially when unaccepted by your neighbors. Now we just think it's all fairy tale stuff same reason people don't believe in any religion, I think all the religions are the same in the base or genetically in some way. Jesus flew around the world, if you can walk of water or turn water to wine where no one has barely any water to begin with lol, humans still wanted wine over water, he could fly. He could fly, he used it, who wouldn't? That's why we have all of these religions that are the same. Some of the old religions won't revolutionize, some are trying to accept jesus, or whatever you wanna call him. I think we pretend to hear more than we actureally try to listen, peer pressure or peoples need to be accepted & not be alone overwhelms our need for truth.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Are you talking about the same Planet we're on right now or Dr.Suess the unheard tales.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I did not know that about Mermaids. Learn something new every day.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Is Tinkerbell real as well?
Hope so, because, well, she's kinda cute.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
you know, even though i'm usually like wtf are you on about and wtf are you smoking, i'm always entertained.

star and flag for you

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

That's partially what I want lol no one would by my future book if not. thank you

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I did not know that about Mermaids. Learn something new every day.

There are old circus freakshow pictures on Pinterest. People had their legs fused together, or they didn't grow at all. Some people had a tumour in their pituitry gland and didn't stop growing until they were over 8 feet tall. There are places in the Middle East where some parasites can also have this effect. There are genetic mutations that cause dwarfism. Sometimes that's down to nutritional deficiencies.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I don't believe in tooth fairy & Santa & stuff. Deformations that society didn't accept. Even though some were my judgement of beautiful in the face hair ears all over you know lol

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Don't get me started on other planets lol whole new thread

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride

Don't get me started on other planets lol whole new thread

Could be fun.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There are people who have horns, they are not demons or the devil, they are just people who have a horn or horns. Google pictures of people with horns. www.youtube.com... Did Moses actually have a horn or was it just a change in his personality that occurred making him a strong alpha male?

Porphyrias may have been the blood disorder that led to the vampire legends. There are people who have lots of hair, they could have been called werewolves, they were shunned from societies. www.scientificamerican.com... and www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Good thread here, we are all different, they have identified a couple of thousand different genetic diseases now, everyone probably has one but they just don't know it YET

My grandmothers second cousin was Big Louis Moilanen. His parents were short people.

edit on 11-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We are all genetically diseased, humans. We are so different from the species surrounding our environment we hurt & infect instead of heal & nutrientize. Call that a mistake like the flu, but I call it evolution & learning. I think mistakes are subconscious thoughts doing what you truly as a genetically engineered change agent that evolutionizes the way species have through generations wants. It sucks, accidents, but in reality, I mean, there is a physical explanation a few hundred thousand years down the road, maybe ya know. Science is real, so is religion.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

No lol don't blow my cover please lol

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

here are people who have horns, they are not demons or the devil, they are just people who have a horn or horns.

I think... Those are the ones that mated with Satan.. But hey who can tell these days right?
edit on 11-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Lol hells nah. That's so mean, that's like saying the unicorns mated with the lepricon. Nah it's just a deformation, one horn instead two, big whoops Rudolf. Just a deformation like anyone's mind lol or liver or stomach or short leg lol sorry I still think it's who people are & who people are are kool

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride

Lol hells nah. That's so mean, that's like saying the unicorns mated with the lepricon. Nah it's just a deformation, one horn instead two, big whoops Rudolf. Just a deformation like anyone's mind lol or liver or stomach or short leg lol sorry I still think it's who people are & who people are are kool

Be cool dude, its ok. Satan's not real remember.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yes he or she whatever it depends on at the moment is. Smartest most tactical trustworthy alien that got its technology taken away & got trapped for even more bad deeds, lucifer. Than his or her at the moment army. Lol. Satan's kids are much different. Let's just say they don't all agree with its lifestyle choices lol

In my book obviously**
edit on 11-3-2018 by SatansPride because: **

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

here are people who have horns, they are not demons or the devil, they are just people who have a horn or horns.

I think... Those are the ones that mated with Satan.. But hey who can tell these days right?

Well, technically they were horny so mating is logical.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I remember being told that cyclops was just a one eyed human that was shunned and lived in a cave which I find more believable than the myth and the other thing being the Hapsburg royals tailbones turned outwards hence the big butt dresses of that period and it doesn't seem that far off being possible

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Mythical creatures are called that because they are myths. For example, mermaids with large fish-like tails never existed.

However, many mythical creatures are based on actual animals or people.

If you haven't seen the 1932 film Freaks, it's worth the watch. It's the story of a group of sideshow freaks (very popular entertainment at the time), but unlike exploitation of these people by so many circus and carnival companies, the film does an extremely good job showing the true humanity of physically and mentally handicapped people.

Look:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join