It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutting down the internet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just had an idea and wanted to share it.

Sometimes children get upset and misbehave when they get something that they want too often. Being spoiled as a child leads to behavioral dysfunction as an adult. I have observed a lot of behavioural dysfunction in our society lately. Suppose we all decided that we should shut down the internet for a short time until we can all sit down and hash out our problems.

I understand that you can not just shut down the internet! Nor do I want it gone forever. I just feel like we are all a little spoiled having access to all of the worlds data at our finger tips. In a hypothetical situation where we could/would "Ground" ourselves. Do you think it would help?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

Society has become too reliant on the internet, so reliant that out of everything to have a fear "of conspiracy" about, this would be it.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I absolutely agree with you. I just know how badly it would go down.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This has been discussed many times as a way to help fix what is happening to society today. I figure it would take at least 90 days for people to start coming to their senses. It will never happen though. (unless grid goes down)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Another “ some people can’t handle a thing, so take it away from everyone “ thread?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I understand that you can not just shut down the internet!

That is false. All it takes is to take 13 servers offline for whatever time period.
Then bring them back online whenever.
Done

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What behavioral dysfunctions are you observing? How are they related to internet availability and usage?

Answering these two questions would go a long way towards understanding how you see people as 'spoiled and misbehaving;' but more importantly, why you think shutting down the internet is the solution.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Another “ some people can’t handle a thing, so take it away from everyone “ thread?

When "some people" becomes the majority of people there is a huge problem!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal

the majority of people are fine. They go to work and live their lives with no problems.

People with little to no life experience, barely out of their parents house, Shouldn’t try to tell everybody else how to live their lives.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That is false. All it takes is to take 13 servers offline for whatever time period.
Done

I was referring more to people like NarcolepticBuddha who can not see the forest through the trees and the reaction that they have towards things like this.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

the majority of people are fine. They go to work and live their lives with no problems.

People with little to no life experience, barely out of their parents house, Shouldn’t try to tell everybody else how to live their lives.

like the president? oh. wait.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Done

I was referring more to people like NarcolepticBuddha who can not see the forest through the trees and the reaction that they have towards things like this.

Asking questions and asking for clarification is a bad reaction?

Yeah, maybe you do need to shut down your internet for a while good call..

I actually agree with you. I just think you need to solidify your claims with more examples instead of vague lamentations.

edit on 10-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

like the president? oh. wait.
And there it is. I thought I smelled that # on you.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Wow honestly I don't think people should be following any world leader on twitter. Why the hell are they posting on twitter in the first place.

I do not care who the president of the USA is.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I get your intention, however pay gates, bureaucracy, and a huge number of -isms is where this stance leads.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

Wow honestly I don't think people should be following any world leader on twitter. Why the hell are they posting on twitter in the first place.

I do not care who the president of the USA is.

Well I’m sure when they get around To wanting your opinion about things, they’ll come ask you.

But I’m betting that they don’t care about what you think either.
edit on 10-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You are right. That was petty of me. I do apologise.

The behavioral dysfunction I am referring to has to do with the amount of information people are privy to these days. It blinds people to the way they are living their lives. Our culture is a breeding ground for sociopathic behaviour.

That is the gist of it.
edit on 10-3-2018 by HiMyNameIsCal because:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The behavioral dysfunction I am referring to has to do with the amount of information people are privy to these days. It blinds people to the way they are living their lives. Our culture is a breeding ground for sociopathic behaviour.

That is the gist of it.
You do know that crime and murder rates are on a steady decline?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Man that would kill people's businesses with the small medium businesses getting spanked the hardest. Hell the power outages in the Northeast were disruptive enough this past week. Lots of orders that are now placed 24/7 over the internet would have to be taken by phone,for example. In my industry it would cripple wholesale and retail.Just when business has started to do really well. I'm sure thats not the only industry now set up that way.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

That is the gist of it.
If you do find yourself feeling a little sociopathic, it’s best just to talk about it. Perhaps the internet is just a little too grown-up for you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join