It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disease X: World Health Organisation issues global alert for potential pandemic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

A GLOBAL alert has been issued to the world’s doctors over a potentially savage pathogen, which has been dubbed Disease X.

THE World Health Organisation has a list of diseases which pose a serious outbreak threat.

[snip]

Now a high-level meeting of the world’s best medical scientists has added another to the high-risk list.

It’s been dubbed ‘Disease X’.

The group, based in Geneva, convenes each year to discuss what new diseases pose the greatest potential of turning into a global pandemic.

This year, they’ve conceded they don’t know what it is.

Disease X: World Health Organisation issues global alert for potential pandemic

Disease X has the potential to wreck havoc across the world with experts saying the global community is not prepared for such an outbreak. The timing of this announcement and the level of uncertainty about the disease's origins and nature is somewhat concerning.
edit on Sat Mar 10 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lassa fever was the one that we got notified about yesterday at work. Its’ a hemorrhagic fever that is on the rise in Nigeria.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

They don't know what it is because no one has been infected with it yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's fear mongering is what it is.

Be afraid! And listen to the government, they'll keep you safe.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Why do I have the feeling a lab will "accidentally" leak a pathogen that will affect brain functions and fertility, not unlike the T. Gondii thing that already affects over 1/3 of the WORLD population and which causes sterility along with schizophrenia and insanity?

edit on 10-3-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe they know it has been released from a lab? didn't a CDC dude go missing a while ago?.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What is going on in Africa ?
Do they not wash hands before eating ?
Its like all viruses come from that place..
Including man itself I guess...
But some would say we are a virus also.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe they know it has been released from a lab? didn't a CDC dude go missing a while ago?.

Not from what I gathered in reading the article.
It is a means of developing strategies to better deal with an outbreak... like a wargame.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So what in the world does that mean?

They have fairly strict standards regarding what they can issue to the public.

What am i missing?

x marks the spot

potential pandemic I think we have very many potential pandemics so why is this any different?

This has to be fake news. They are not allowed to jack with us like this without some sort of proof.

I can make up stuff too.

They do not know what IT is but IT is out there.

Sounds like a cheesy movie.

edit on 10-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Lmao...talk about seeking excuses for more funding. Disease X is literally nothing. As in it doesn't exist...its basically them saying well you know the next killer disease is one we don't know about yet.

Well no sh*t Sherlock...did you guys really have to add it to a list and notify doctors around the world? Are doctors usually that dumb that they need to be reminded that new viruses happen and can be extremely dangerous?
edit on 10-3-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

They don't know what it is because no one has been infected with it yet.

Don't worry, they'll get it to an international airport Pronto, that way it's everywhere within 2 weeks and the funding can be gained..

To combat this horrible new strain of whatever it is they cooked up this time.
edit on 10-3-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

I would really like to see the shipping manifests from USAMRD to WHO and the CDC hot labs. That would explain alot about all these super drug resistant virus strains we seem to be having b these days.

Time to start stocking up on Zithromax for the hidey-hole I guess.
edit on 10-3-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Nostradamus talks of a future war, using "false dusts, and false mists". Duh! Presumably, some Bio Chem Warfare Unit, like the old Japanese Unit 731, could test and deploy any number of selective poisons, which will take out a nation state's population. This would supposedly leave the bad actors' nation state alone, over some quirk in their respective DNA. Maybe some ginned up plague, which only kills blue eyed people, and leaves the rest of the world, alone.
edit on 10-3-2018 by carpooler because: spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Why would a plague kill only blue eyed people?

The plague hates Dune?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Captain Trips!
Anyone else having dreams about an old woman in Nebraska?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Not me.

Why? Are you?

(Honest question)

edit on 10-3-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah dreams old woman. Boulder or Vegas?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If you believe the website crazy days and nights, sounds like a new ‘desease’ was invented so they can *ATS Edit* little kids.

Marking a pathogen forbkids, what ever happened to just opening a pizza place????

www.crazydaysandnights.net...

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I'd like to click on your link but I'm worried about what I might find on the other side.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Wrong answer. A lot of testing is done in Africa that's why the # is crazy. They trying to purge the continent. And phase two is clearly depopulation else where

top topics

<<   2 >>

join