It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Electro-Blob Under Africa May Be 'Ground Zero' for Earth's Magnetic Field Reversal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Why would they do that..

Natural disasters cause chaos..

Chaos doesn’t benefit those in power. The status quo does.

Chaos only benefits those out of power... and then it is because it destabilizes those in power..

There is no super secret illuminati planning on causeibg disasters..

Any illuminati would want us working and complacent. Which means comfortable.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Ummm...cool...so my analysis was potentially correct...just incomplete...

I heretofore dub this core state not only an RSL...(rest state liquid)...but a sliquid...(solid liquid)...

Imagine the shell of the core which is a less dense layer...sliding around the higher density...sliquid...hotter inner core...like a stator and rotor...
So this is what produces the earths electromagnetic field...rather than a liquid outer core revolving around a solid inner core...

There must be thermal boundary layers that become less viscous and more fluidic...the farther from the core you progress...
The strange force in this increasing density state until one progresses to it's innermost highest density point...would be time...
On a much smaller scale than an event horizon obviously...

Would that mean that in a black hole...the ingested matter...not expelled as x-rays is caught not only in a gravitational well grip...but trapped in a time cessation...as it's compressed to that zero point at the mass center...?

If light can't escape...then it's time cessation must have been imparted to the gravity well...

That would mean that there is no exit from a super massive black hole...hence it's growth...everything is at rest in the black holes core...trapped in a ceased time structure...a time crystal if you will...

That must explain how a universe squirts from such an infinitesimally small point...Galactic center black holes eventually digest their galaxies...then these galaxy eaters consume one another until only one remains...the gravitational forces and pressures are so unimaginably huge that eventually everything compacts down to a single stable point...

Universes must come from the introduction of instability into this matrix that causees the entirety of the mass to be ejected outward...freeing up time and matter from their trap...

I suppose that's one possibility...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: intrptr

Theres no ground zero for magnetic field. Earths mass, the molten, spinning core is a dynamo, generating a field like a spinning motor. As long as the motor is on, the axis and spin rate never change, the earths magnetic field will continue, even if it 'flips'.

So what, the compass needles will point the wrong direction. Oh, and a zillion satellites will lose their way.

That could be interesting.

There's a wee bit more. The iron in the core is thought to be solid, and that there is an outer liquid core that carries ionized iron that moves around the outer core in a very slow process, and that is thought what causes the magnetic field, which then is variable, and the outer core is probably asymmetrical in its motion.

When you say the core is solid, solid what? Heaviest metals will find center, all will be under such pressure they will be molten. Different densities will spin at different rates creating the magneto effect, that generates the Field.

Of course nobody has actually seen this, just going on what I know from smelting.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Theres no ground zero for magnetic field. Earths mass, the molten, spinning core is a dynamo, generating a field like a spinning motor. As long as the motor is on, the axis and spin rate never change, the earths magnetic field will continue, even if it 'flips'.

So what, the compass needles will point the wrong direction. Oh, and a zillion satellites will lose their way.

There's a wee bit more. The iron in the core is thought to be solid, and that there is an outer liquid core that carries ionized iron that moves around the outer core in a very slow process, and that is thought what causes the magnetic field, which then is variable, and the outer core is probably asymmetrical in its motion.

Ummm...I'm wondering how much truth there is in that solid core theory...
It seems to me that the core would contain the highest heat and pressure...if we have liquid iron that spews from the earth's mantle to the crust...wouldn't the iron at the center be liquid as well...?

The core is under considerably more pressure...if you compress liquid iron while increasing heat...wouldn't you end up with more dense liquid iron and not a solid...Per Se...?
With increased pressure in all directions inward...the viscosity would no doubt increase in conjunction with the density...
Still...I would think you would end up with a "rest liquid"...rather than an amorphous solid...an increased viscosity liquid in a rest state due to the increased density and pressure...

To add to that, the densest heavy metals would go to the center, forming 'valence shells' if that makes sense, spinning at different rates due to their density, that would induce electro magnetic fields that surround the planet...(?)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Being a magnetic field, that means every point in space has a direction and a strength. If the magnetic field flips then the strength in some places will reduce to zero then increase again but with a reversed direction. At the surface of the Earth, local magnetic fields take over, forming loops and arches much like solar flares do on the Sun.

Apparently Earth already has two North Poles and two South Poles, so they will probably fight it out:

malagabay.files.wordpress.com...

This webpage has an animation, but it doesn't work for me:
www.pbs.org...

Magnetic North is different than Axis North, right? Two different forces acting on the core which, if molten and comprised of different elements, may be spinning at different rates inducing friction, ergo static and electricity which produces the electromagnetic field.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It seems to me that the core would contain the highest heat and pressure...if we have liquid iron that spews from the earth's mantle to the crust...wouldn't the iron at the center be liquid as well...?

The core is under considerably more pressure...if you compress liquid iron while increasing heat...wouldn't you end up with more dense liquid iron and not a solid...Per Se...?
With increased pressure in all directions inward...the viscosity would no doubt increase in conjunction with the density...
Still...I would think you would end up with a "rest liquid"...rather than an amorphous solid...an increased viscosity liquid in a rest state due to the increased density and pressure...

To add to that, the densest heavy metals would go to the center, forming 'valence shells' if that makes sense, spinning at different rates due to their density, that would induce electro magnetic fields that surround the planet...(?)

Ummm...excellent thinking...that would mean that the core actually isn't iron...it's gold...with these..."valance shells"...stacked on one another in a periodic table of densities...

This leads me to believe that there isn't one dynamo at the earths core...but multiple dynamo's...all producing their own electromagnetic fields...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: YouSir

Absolutely..

I’m not real knowledgeable o. The subject, but know waves can cancel each other out.

What if all those fields are negating any fields with the opposite frequencies.

Maybe all those waves that get negated add up...

Ummm...so our oscillating electric grids act as white noise generators in electromagnetic frequency instead of sonic frequency...that tend to cancel out matching frequencies in the earths electromagnetic field...

This is wild thinking...perhaps this is the reason or part of the reason...for that lowered or thinning electromagnetic radiation event that's currently happening in the south Atlantic ocean...

If that's the case...I wonder if we could introduce...induced electromagnetic frequencies into our power grids that act as cyclic amplifiers or drivers to stabilize and enhance these "thinnies"...?

Think:...Artificial electromagnetic oscillation waves that follow diurnal usage rates with the day/night usage cycles...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

When you say the core is solid, solid what? Heaviest metals will find center, all will be under such pressure they will be molten. Different densities will spin at different rates creating the magneto effect, that generates the Field.

Of course nobody has actually seen this, just going on what I know from smelting.

Well I was talking about iron being solid at the core from extreme pressure, the outer core is molten and the Iron is of course molten in that area too where there is less pressure, none of the core's material reaches the surface where material is less dense.
The solid core is not thought to be just iron though, and it's also thought to be close to its melting point because its not quite pure, though what they do know is how abundant iron, (and Nickel) is in the universe, that is their clue for calculating how much iron is on earth, (formative) and how it is distributed. nickel is thought to be also part of the solid core, while *Uranium perhaps just trace elements. Although it is a heavy metal, heavier than iron, it is very reactive with other elements and abundant near the surface, so is iron since it too is reactive, but it's the most common element on Earth anyway, and anything but pure near or on the surface.
The other thing is, because of the heat generated in the Earth, in the molten outer core, elements will mix and combine according to their reactivity, and so they are not pure in their density, and thereby they don't stratify themselves according to their density, it's a big mixture, but at the solid core it's a different story.

The link below is the latest I can find..(there may be others up to date) but it explains things much better than I could possibly do.
phys.org...

*I used Uranium just as an example of trace elements, in the link above, more research from Japan is more specific in saying that, while Iron and Nickel make up most of the core, they say the remaining 5% is Silicon.
edit on 10-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That would sure mess with GPS and our military satellites and nearly all our navigational technology.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
a reply to: YouSir
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

To "Solid Core Theory" , it seems unlikely to me for something melted to become solid at higher pressures, the more pressure exerted, the hotter, the more unstable it becomes (meaning fluid).

The core would be homogenous maybe, like in refining, but hardly calling that 'solid'. Especially if we add the dynamic of spin to it.

Ever see that experiment, a spinning metal sphere filled with molten sodium?

erm... woozy stuff:

Popular Mechanics

edit on 10-3-2018 by intrptr because: added replies

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I've wondered about that - every metal has different densities and melting points. So while heavy radioactive elements would sink to the core, they would decay, undergo fission and then start rising back to the surface. Most of the heavy elements we find on Earth are actually at the crust.

www.lenntech.com...
www.lenntech.com...

In turn, many of these elements form from stellar nucleosynthesis:
en.wikipedia.org...

So the core of our planet could have come from a star, where the Helium blew away leaving behind sodium, oxygen and hydrogen to combine to form water.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I don't mean to be Mr. Knowledge-drop, but you should definitely look into the Vredefort impact.

Vredefort Impact wiki

It occurred 2 billion years ago, centered in South Africa, with a massive 300+ km impact basin. Thats about the size of Alabama.

It is the largest known impact event in Earth's history.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is related.

edit on 11-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

During the smelting process at refineries, multiple metals are brought to a melting pointing in large crucibles by heat applied from below. This produces a convection current within the melt, evenly mixing all the metals together, producing a 'homogenous melt' prior to pouring to molds.

I would expect that the giant molten ball at the earths core is also convecting to some extent, but added pressure and gravity would tend to allow the heaviest elements to sink to the center in 'stasis' (I made that up) or 'solid' like you suggested. In the molten sodium experiment, the model has a stainless steel ball at the center of the model spinning the opposite direction to produce the EM Field effects.

Heavy elements at the crust are brought up from below by vulcanism and tectonics, over long time periods. Accretion of minerals is by hydrology, erosion, evaporation, at or near the surface.

I would expect there to be a high percentage of heavier elements nearer the core we go. Space rocks are often iron, and a mix of other elements, from cores of other planets, moons, since cooled after hi energy events.

Some speculate there may be enough heat and pressure at the core to produce fission, I don't know about that.

How counter rotation of a solid boundary core is achieved inside earth I don't know about either. The experiment implies that is the process, thats where my mind goes tilt.

EA: It may be that the very core is tidally locked with the moon and the molten 'outer core' spins around that, producing the hydro dynamic magneto motion that produces the EMF surrounding earth.

Whatever, it has to be the result of differences in speed of rotation that generate the electricity.
edit on 11-3-2018 by intrptr because: additional

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join