It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think it is better if we create more manufacturers so that more people can pay in taxes. Sometimes I wonder about those Democrats, who the hell are they working for anyway, the EU? Maybe China or Russia, somehow I think their minds have been compromised, we should take care of our own first, creating taxpayers.

We create more manufacturers....how do WE do that?

people do that, and people don't want to pay a livable wage..so they open a plant in China.

Now, don't get me wrong, manufacturing will one day return to the USA, once robots are cheap and efficient enough to fully automate their plants so they don't have to pay for chinese slave labor.

Never in history has a large consumer based society been able to survive long. For national security, both financial and so some other country does not gain power over us, we need to be more self sufficient. We need to produce coffee pots and toasters and electronics, we need to produce our own cars. If there is a war, we need to have factories in place to build what we need to fight that war. We do not need to have weapons on hand, just raw materials and factories that can be shifted over. I am not a supporter of war, but I do know that there are plenty of people in the world that would love to possess what the United states has.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: BlueJacket

The democrats are hoping that people have short memories.

Government spends our money poorly.

Republicans and democrats alike.

To demand more of our money because they spent our money so badly is the pinnacle of hubris and smacks of authoritarian, totalitarian ideologies.

I forgot, what were we talking about?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Republicans should counter with the corporations are people argument and force the 21% corporate tax structure upon the people also.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: BlueJacket

The democrats are hoping that people have short memories.

Government spends our money poorly.

Republicans and democrats alike.

To demand more of our money because they spent our money so badly is the pinnacle of hubris and smacks of authoritarian, totalitarian ideologies.

I forgot, what were we talking about?

Bewbs. Saw some on the tv last night.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Manufacturers are not coming back nor opening buisnesses here..

Trump would have to tarriff EVERYTHING, which though it should have been done from the beginning. Would likely cause a disaster , just because our entire economy is based on free trade and cheap goods from 3rd world labor..

on top of that automation will mean that even manufacturing jobs do not employ all that many people.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Allowing one group of people to collect a percentage of your income at whatever percentage they feel like?

Yeah, I don't understand how that could ever end badly.

The constitution was written to avoid this scenario.

The money printers taking a chunk back after their paper is given real value by our time.

What is it about 50% of our income?

The answer is to make income tax illegal like it was supposed to be.

Maybe we could have a guy that bragged about paying no income tax tell us how much we should pay now?

FnA this is the scammiest system ever.

Don't pay too much attention, you may miss a property tax payment and have your government owned house taken from you.

If we can't get this under control and reversed now, we need to shut the whole thing down.

Imagine your grandkids grandkids quality of life with generation of generation of politicians continuing to devise new ways to grow the gov and taxation.

It's like a bad scifi flic loop.

There are always gov shutdown threats.

Never taxpayer shutdowns.

The Income tax scam needs ended.

Lobbying needs ended.

If anyone pays income tax, it should be corporations.

They went from the only one's allowed to be taxed, to the only one with no taxes.

But, their employees are hit for about 30%.

W in the actual F?

Everyone should refuse to work until this is fixed, there's no point in going down a road that keeps getting worse.

That would be a small term called insanity.

Tune in next week, for the next sex scandal sheeple.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Dblpost

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Allowing one group of people to collect a percentage of your income at whatever percentage they feel like?

Yeah, I don't understand how that could ever end badly.

The constitution was written to avoid this scenario.

The money printers taking a chunk back after their paper is given real value by our time.

What is it about 50% of our income?

The answer is to make income tax illegal like it was supposed to be.

Maybe we could have a guy that bragged about paying no income tax tell us how much we should pay now?

FnA this is the scammiest system ever.

Don't pay too much attention, you may miss a property tax payment and have your government owned house taken from you.

If we can't get this under control and reversed now, we need to shut the whole thing down.

Imagine your grandkids grandkids quality of life with generation of generation of politicians continuing to devise new ways to grow the gov and taxation.

It's like a bad scifi flic loop.

There are always gov shutdown threats.

Never taxpayer shutdowns.

The Income tax scam needs ended.

Lobbying needs ended.

If anyone pays income tax, it should be corporations.

They went from the only one's allowed to be taxed, to the only one with no taxes.

But, their employees are hit for about 30%.

W in the actual F?

Everyone should refuse to work until this is fixed, there's no point in going down a road that keeps getting worse.

That would be a small term called insanity.

Tune in next week, for the next sex scandal sheeple.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Actually prices will just rise, but they have been artificially low forever..

If salaries rise by 40% and costs raise by 20%..

That is a win.

ALL ECONOMIES are based on minimum wage. It decides what the base smalles unit of labor is worth.

The guy sweeping the parking lot at Burger King is 1 unit of labor per hour.

The guy cooking fries is 1.2 units of labor per hour.

The manager is 2.4 units of labor per hour ..

And the Dr. down the street is 40.0 units of labor per hour.

The fact that minimum wage has been set too low to support JUST ONE HUMAN BEING , to get back and forth to just that job. At a 40 hour work week, has allowed the entire labor force to be underpaid.

In the late 70’s inflation and the CEO level pay compared to min wage or average pay for their entry level positions, separated..

Wages stagnated and CEO level pay skyrocketed..

It was better to pay some axe man to get it done cheaper, than to pay the people who had built your buisness with blood sweat and tears.

Then the conservative corporate stooges destroyed the unions so the employees had ZERO collective bargaining power..

We have painted ourselves into a corner and something will break.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: rickymouse

Manufacturers are not coming back nor opening buisnesses here..

Trump would have to tarriff EVERYTHING, which though it should have been done from the beginning. Would likely cause a disaster , just because our entire economy is based on free trade and cheap goods from 3rd world labor..

on top of that automation will mean that even manufacturing jobs do not employ all that many people.

Automation cannot replace all jobs. A gain of even a hundred thousand jobs running factories and another hundred thousand jobs building technology here to supply robotics will be a dent. Right now, we are exporting all that money with trade imbalances. I doubt if there are many trade imbalances where the USA gains from it. All other countries try to keep trade regulated so that there is not money seeping out of their country, All of the European countries watch this, China watches this, so does most countries around the world. But the USA has gotten stupid with this, this will cause us a lot of grief in the future, our kids will need to pay for this. Nobody is going to bail us out. We are supposed to be responsible and make sure this does not happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Well, DB, on this one, I adjure you've got it somewhat wrong.

"democrats think that raising taxes, having us have less of our money"? You a major corporation? You be Warren Buffet? I kinda don't think so. Lets face the facts, the Corporations, the Banks and the 1% are the ones who benefit the most from infrastructure improvements because those infrastructure improvements make industry more profitable.
Your taxes won't go up. But the taxes on Billionaires SHOULD go up; they can afford it and they don't invest anymore in industries that provide people with lots of jobs!

However, a healthy infrastructure package WOULD provide lots of jobs which would lead to increased spending nation wide and that would increase consumption, mean more sales tax revenues, benefiting the entire economy biggly!

Open borders? Understand that we've always had open borders, at least in my lifetime. The Dems simply want to make open borders legal. Frankly, the US has no choice EXCEPT open borders! We're already at full employment in terms of those able and willing to work! By able, I mean those with the the physical prowess, the skills and/or the education to fill the jobs needs. Who's going to build those roads and bridges? Do you really think a million pansy Millennials are going to suddenly drop their video game controllers, emerge from Mom's basement and go out and drive heavy equipment? Many don't even have driver's licenses. Think the meth heads/pot heads are going to leave Grandma's house where they've been sucking off her social security check for the last 20 years are going to be suddenly motivated to work a front end loader?

Bottom line? Unless you drastically cut defense spending, you can't pay for infrastructure without raising taxes and you can't get infrastructure built without open borders.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That does not address the piss-poor spending approach government has.

Until that is addressed, I will be outspoken and resist ANY increase in taxes.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Chuck Shumer isn't as smart as my bird dog.

I took my cooperate tax cuts and signed off on a 6% across the board raise for all of my employees, except upper management. At the end of the year if we turn a profit management will get a raise. No profits, no raise. Now the democrats want to take the tax cut back. Well hell, I spent it, so it sucks to be me. I may have to pull that 6% out of my butt somehow, becouse I will not, repeat, will not break the faith with my troops. I let government do that.

The republicans giveth and the democrats taketh away. Blessed be the name of the President.

My business shrank under 8 years of Obama and has exploaded growth under President Trump. We are on track make money this year.
Looks like midterms are going to be an education. I can't wait to see the outcome. Either business wins or business loses, that's the way I see it.

I bet my bird dog smells better than Chuck to.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Seriously great way to sum it up!

It all revolves around how much, or how little money we pour into the exact same structures and organizations as always.

Maybe we should look at making tax spending.. you know.. effective before any discussions on raising taxes should be given the light of day.

Lets see some innovation. Lets see some efficiency and efficacy. Lets see some creativity.

Something like mass, decentralized multi-material 3D printing could not only return a manufacturing base to the US, but reshape what we think of as "manufacturing" altogether.

Heck, throw another modern invention into it: cryptocurrency. Use communications technology to dispel the inherent isolation in decentralization and use blockchains to create a system of compensation based on contributions from innovation to mass management skills to large scale production.

*shrugs*

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Once again you are right on the money, ever consider running for office yourself?

I say that only partly in jest, for decades we have watched congress get record revenue and spend it faster than they brought it in, if they want to claim its for infrastructure they need to explain the last "infrastructure" package that did jack squat and even the previous president said well there is no real shovel ready jobs, which was a flat out lie.

But at this point in my life, they need to show if we get X amount of dollars more this is how it will be spent, in other words they better prove they can be an adult instead of acting like a teenager that suddenly found a wad of cash.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Don't create jobs to pay for things, take more from people instead! It's pretty much their platform. Why create twice as many jobs when you can make people work twice as hard and be dependent on you?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So, now that many corporations have given people bonuses because of this tax cut, the Dems want to stick it to the corporations for being nice. I am sure that from now on the Corporations will not obligate themselves to giving their employees bonsuses because the Democrats might succeed someday.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So, now that many corporations have given people bonuses because of this tax cut, the Dems want to stick it to the corporations for being nice. I am sure that from now on the Corporations will not obligate themselves to giving their employees bonsuses because the Democrats might succeed someday.

Then democrats can say corporations are greedy.

A sick "win-win" for democrats.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It is in no way “letting us have less of our money”... Trumps tax cut was nonexistent for the average American.

wow
$100 per month is "nonexistent"?
That is a cell phone bill, utility bill, cable bill ect that I wouldn't have to worry about.
$1200 per year is a nice amount. I would in no way call that "nonexistent".
You dems campaign on that "nonexistent" tax relief and the "crumbs" it brought to the middle class. See how that works out for you....Blue wave my ass....

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Trumps tax cut was nonexistent for the average American.

I'm no Trump fan, didn't vote for him, and I cringe every time he opens his mouth. That said, your statement is patently false.

I'm about as "average" as I can be. My gross income is $5,500 above my state's median income. When the tax cuts hit, I saw a $35 per bi-weekly paycheck increase. My wife saw a $19 per bi-weeekly check increase. I can do simple math.

35 + 19 = 54

54 x 26 = 1,404/yr.

That may be crumbs to some people, but I can do a lot with an extra 1,400/yr.

As previous posters have noted, there's no limit to how much you can contribute in taxes a year. If you love taxes so much, send the treasury a blank check.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join