It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The military keeps encountering UFOs. Why doesn’t the Pentagon care?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The title is from an article released yesterday by The Washington Post.

I'm placing this in the disinformation forum because it's my opinion at the moment that the CIA, Washington Post, the Democratic Party and a few other agencies run by the deep state are trying to push an agenda using an allegedly "Technological Breakthrough" against the American People (firstly).

In December, the Defense Department declassified two videos documenting encounters between U.S. Navy F-18 fighters and unidentified aircraft. The first video captures multiple pilots observing and discussing a strange, hovering, egg-shaped craft, apparently one of a “fleet” of such objects, according to cockpit audio. The second shows a similar incident involving an F-18 attached to the USS Nimitz carrier battle group in 2004.

You can find an very interesting discussion about these first two videos on the following topic:

New York Times : "The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program" (plus DeLonge's new website/videos)

The videos, along with observations by pilots and radar operators, appear to provide evidence of the existence of aircraft far superior to anything possessed by the United States or its allies. Defense Department officials who analyze the relevant intelligence confirm more than a dozen such incidents off the East Coast alone since 2015. In another recent case, the Air Force launched F-15 fighters last October in a failed attempt to intercept an unidentified high-speed aircraft looping over the Pacific Northwest .

That you can find well covered in this topic too:

Airliners And F-15s Involved In Bizarre Encounter With Mystery Aircraft Over Oregon

And there's an active thread discussing the release of this third video by TTSA mentioned in the article here:

Breaking News! third AATP UFO Video Has Been Released!

The reason I'm starting a new thread is because I don't want to discuss the video itself, I want opinions about the coverage by the press and the narrative the TTSA is using to make the public believe in this phenomena (real or not).

First, Christopher started by showing the video of an allegedly high-speed UFO with the "date, location, and other information removed by the originating authority as part of the release approval process."

Is it possible that America has been technologically leap-frogged by Russia or China? Or, as many people wondered after the videos were first published by the New York Times in December, might they be evidence of some alien civilization?

Unfortunately, we have no idea, because we aren’t even seeking answers.

Okay, so that's the resume of what they're telling to the general public.

That either we are being visited by some "alien civilization" or that we are losing the second space race to Russia or China.

I served as deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence for the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations and as staff director for the Senate Intelligence Committee, and I know from numerous discussions with Pentagon officials over the past two years that military departments and agencies treat such incidents as isolated events rather than as part of a pattern requiring serious attention and investigation. A colleague of mine at To the Stars Academy, Luis Elizondo, used to run a Pentagon intelligence program that examined evidence of “anomalous” aircraft, but he resigned last fall to protest government inattention to the growing body of empirical data.

Meanwhile, reports from different services and agencies remain largely ignored and unevaluated inside their respective bureaucratic stovepipes. There is no Pentagon process for synthesizing all the observations the military is making. The current approach is equivalent to having the Army conduct a submarine search without the Navy. It is also reminiscent of the counterterrorism efforts of the CIA and the FBI before Sept. 11, 2001, when each had information on the hijackers that they kept to themselves. In this instance, the truth may ultimately prove benign, but why leave it to chance?

The military personnel who are encountering these phenomena tell remarkable stories. In one example, over the course of two weeks in November 2004, the USS Princeton, a guided-missile cruiser operating advanced naval radar, repeatedly detected unidentified aircraft operating in and around the Nimitz carrier battle group, which it was guarding off the coast of San Diego. In some cases, according to incident reports and interviews with military personnel, these vehicles descended from altitudes higher than 60,000 feet at supersonic speeds, only to suddenly stop and hover as low as 50 feet above the ocean. The United States possesses nothing capable of such feats.

I find this very difficult to believe. Is it possible that we are not investigating this? I mean... With all the power the government has in the world they're just letting this go?

2nd Space Race

If the origin of these aircraft is a mystery, so is the paralysis of the U.S. government in the face of such evidence. Sixty years ago, when the Soviet Union put the first manmade satellite in orbit, Americans recoiled at the idea of being technologically surpassed by a dangerous rival, and the furor over Sputnik ultimately produced the space race. Americans responded vigorously, and a little more than a decade later, Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon. If these craft mean that Russia, China or some other nation is concealing an astonishing technological breakthrough to quietly extend its lead, surely we should respond as we did then. Perhaps Russian President Vladi­mir Putin’s recent chest-thumping claims about propulsion breakthroughs are not pure braggadocio. Or, if these craft really aren’t from Earth, then the need to figure out what they are is even more urgent.

Interesting that he mentioned the recent claims about Putin's new nuclear arms capable of avoiding missile defenses.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Lately, media coverage of the issue of unidentified aerial vehicles has focused on an expired $22 million congressional earmark for Bigelow Aerospace, a contractor with ties to former Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid (Nev.). The money mostly funded research and analysis by that contractor, without participation from the Air Force, NORAD or other key military organizations. The real issue, though, is not a long-gone earmark, helpful though it may have been, but numerous recent incidents involving the military and violations of U.S. airspace. It is time to set aside taboos regarding “UFOs” and instead listen to our pilots and radar operators.

Within a roughly $50 billion annual intelligence budget, money is not the issue. Existing funds would easily cover what’s needed to look into the incidents. What we lack above all is recognition that this issue warrants a serious collection and analysis effort. To make headway, the task needs to be assigned to an official with the clout to compel collaboration among disparate and often quarrelsome national security bureaucracies. A truly serious effort would involve, among other things, analysts able to review infrared satellite data, NORAD radar databases, and signals and human intelligence reporting. Congress should require an all-source study by the secretary of defense while promoting research into new forms of propulsion that might explain how these vehicles achieve such extraordinary power and maneuverability.

As with Sputnik, the national security implications of these incidents are concerning — but the scientific opportunities are thrilling. Who knows what perils we may avoid or opportunities we might identify if we follow the data? We cannot afford to avert our eyes, given the risk of strategic surprise. The future belongs to not only the physically brave but also the intellectually agile.

Should be interesting to see how the general masses will react to this narrative... Also, looks like they want the politicians to start giving founds for UFO study.

But what I would really like is to hear what the brilliant minds in ATS think about this program?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
According to the late great Jim Marrs the nazis developed anti gravity back in the early twentieth century. They just could not weaponize it until after the war was over. They also infiltrated some of the highest positions in US intelligence and manufacturing sectors thanks to Operation paper clip. If you believe some of the whistleblowers like William Cooper the US has had a secret space program operating since the late 40's.

I think they don't really pay these things that much attention (at least publicly) so they can keep using ridicule as a weapon. It has worked pretty well for them so far.

I mean they officially announced (and released evidence in the form of video and audio) there are off world craft capable of maneuvers like nothing built on earth and they have spent millions of dollars tracking these things for years now. They admitted that these things exist and nobody really cared, or even talked about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

I mean they officially announced (and released evidence in the form of video and audio) there are off world craft capable of maneuvers like nothing built on earth and they have spent millions of dollars tracking these things for years now. They admitted that these things exist and nobody really cared, or even talked about it.

I think it's because the lack of information (so far) about the program and its discoveries.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

That being said, should be interesting to see the following months and what they have to see, I'm just not holding my breath and keeping an eye very open.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Just because someone works in this office or that department doesn't mean they know everything in the SAP world. I've known people that have had access to all kinds of programs that knew absolutely nothing about what was going on in the cubicle next to them.
edit on 3/10/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

In December, the Defense Department declassified two videos documenting encounters between U.S. Navy F-18 fighters and unidentified aircraft.

Then the press turned into a UFO encounter. The DOD didn't 'declassify' it as 'evidence of UFO's'.
Everything that followed has been hyped into that by various-- okay, I see Tom Delonge is involved as well as the MSM...

Tilt !

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Having encountered various types of ufo over this life time I honestly don't think most of them are ours. These things are the same as reported hundreds and thousands of years ago. That means the 2nd Space Race can be discounted. The Russians and Chinese both seem to have serious issues making reliable aeroplane engines for their fighters according to the aircraft experts on ATS, there's no way they are going to be behind some of the things up there cruising around.

If it's going to be human based it's going to be either Yanks or Nazis. Yanks have got the best tech out there in the military field and that's just what they show us, there's going to be loads of top secret stuff not yet made public but are they really that advanced, nah I doubt it. Nazis? Possible................ Some group made it out of Germany and set up shop in the Antarctic or Argentina etc. They carried on advanced research and made it to the point ufos are at today, but somehow I doubt it. They never even managed a serious heavy bomber so they going to advance so far now.

Maybe the Pentagon looks the other way because they know it's a species living under our oceans, living in deep caverns or a species that instead of crawling out the sea to become mammals actually burrowed down into Planet Earth's crust and developed from there. Some of the deep sea createures we see in natural films emit light a nd resemble very much some of the ufos lights seen in the skies.

The Pentagon probably know to just avoid the ufos, they know they are advanced and like an elephant lives near a lion they are both aware of each other but don't get in each others way as it's just simply not worth the bother. Maybe the Pentagon discovered that we are the crop for the ufos and they are harvesting us, waiting until we hit say 10 billion then they'll bring and their crop and send us to the ufo meat factories to be turned into cans of spam for the aliens. Scary

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Well, first of all, given that the Pentagon were prepared to allow many of their own staff to perish, rather than stop the goings on of 9/11, and given that the Pentagon's main task is to maintain the existence of the MIC, combat all attempts to bring about world peace, send clandestine forces all over the world to either protect assets America has no right to (as in, those outside its own actual borders), or train terrorists to control that territory by proxy (which is a very big problem right now... I am looking at you ISIS), given all these things, it should surprise no one at all, that they are not having much of a reaction to the UFO situation.

They MIGHT if they were the sort of organisation that people have been led to believe by popular culture, media and the like. But the fact of the matter is that the Pentagon and the agencies which operate in and around it, are not there for either your protection, or the protection of the country in which you are living, so they will necessarily have no interest in unidentified flying objects, or anything else which worries or interests the public.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I imagine it's because the Pentagon is well aware of what the UFO's are, or represent. Mainly black budget program deliverables.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The Pentagon "doesn't care" (not a term they would use) either because (a) They know what they are, or (b) They do not pose a threat--maybe both. Have you actually watched these latest videos? Te latest one shows an indistinct blob of light traveling at a whopping 300 mph. It's either too far away or too small to show any definition at all. It appears to be oblivious to the F/A-18 tracking it. On the Hynek Scale this would be classified as a "Daylight Disk," though you can't see it well enough to determine if it is an actual disk at all. About the only thing you can say about it is that it is disappointing. What are they supposed to do? Run around and scream and shout? Get on TV and announce that they are going to get to the bottom of this and will launch a full investigation immediately? Bear in mind that this kind of thing has been happening since the Pentagon was built. Project Blue Book is absolutely filled with "Daylight Disk" reports.I know. I spent some time cataloging them. The texts from the reports are utterly boring. Give us something more substantial than a light in the sky and wake me when you do.
edit on 3/10/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Who says they don't? Up against something or things since well before 1947...that they can't do a damn thing about.

And maybe they are already.. We'd never know. And historically it appears they have been anyway.?...

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The answer is really pretty simple:

1) The Pentagon doesn't care, or appear to care, because there's nothing they can do about these craft if they are indeed alien and my guess is that most at the senior level know this is all bunkum.

2) WaPo and the NYT and TTSA, really? This reeks of a disinformation program designed to whip up some frenzy and divert attention from other political problems. At its core, this type propaganda is being used to "raise awareness" of the need for a One World Government to combat the threat to the globe from Aliens from Outer Space. Its all manufactured nonsense and it fits the "We're At War with the Evil Russians" palaver daily spewed by the Leftist elites and their Media puppets, because after all................we gotta have an enemy somewhere.

Or at least, we gotta be diverted from the obvious "Enemy Within"!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I would bet dimes to dollars the answer lies in one word.

ALLIANCES.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Do you want the truth?
1. Pentagon can't do anything about it because they are simply too advance and US is way behind in tech.
2. US wouldn't be behind in tech if it didn't mess with Asia.
3. Face it US lost already as space technology isn't out right now and there are constant gang conflict internally.

US was suppose to do the followings for world peace.
1. Keep Europe in check from starting a war.
2. End the old time war conflicts which they didn't(you see all the Nazis running around is absolute proof).
3. Stay away from Asia, but keep Japan from starting another war(why do you think Japs got aircraft carriers, the lesson is repeating again in so called WW3).
4. Release space tech for public usage.

edit on 10-3-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just thought I'd make a list for all threads that are related to any AATIP, 'To the Stars', DeLonge issues that have been active since Jan 1st 2018 for people trying to keep up with this subject. I will also post this list into all of the threads that have remained active in the last couple of days.

The military keeps encountering UFOs. Why doesn’t the Pentagon care?

Breaking News third AATP UFO Video Has Been Released

Bigelow UFOs MUFON and DeLonge Road to AATIP

Breaking News third AATP UFO Video Has Been Released

My Speculative Hypothesis In Regards To The Recent DeLonge Bigelow TTSA AATIP Flap

Tom DeLonge Anouncement October 11th 900 AM PST1200 PM EST

New York Times The Pentagons Mysterious UFO Program plus DeLonges new websitevideos

USS Nimitz UFO could be top secret military drone with anti-gravity technology

Luis Elizondo Interview for the 2018 International UFO Congress

I-Team Mystery metal studied in Las Vegas

24 More Pentagon UFO Videos To Be Released.

Grant Cameron asking UFO community for questions to ask TTSA exec or other high level GOV insider

Coast 2 Coast AM last night with Hal Puthoff and Eric Davis

Lets consider that they are all lying to Tom Delonge

While Waiting for the Next New York Times UFO Bomb to Drop - How deep will the government go

Fighter Jet UFO Footage: The Real Deal

UFOgate: a serious examination of the F-18 encounter by Bright Insight

Tom DeLongs To the Stars NICAP and COLD WAR II

Is the David Fravor USS Nimitz UFO Incident bigger than Roswell

Fighter Pilot Chases UFO - Shares Story on Tucker Carlson Show

USS Nimitz the UFO incident interview with pilot David Fravor

Fighter pilot chases UFO, urges world leaders to take the threat of aliens seriously

UFO Existence Proven Beyond Reasonable Doubt Says Former Head Of Pentagon Alien Program

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We know the 5W+H on them...not a threat...here to help. Sometimes we get a pat on the back other times we get an A$$ Whoopin'.

originally posted by: vinifalou
The title is from an article released yesterday by The Washington Post.

I'm placing this in the disinformation forum because it's my opinion at the moment that the CIA, Washington Post, the Democratic Party and a few other agencies run by the deep state are trying to push an agenda using an allegedly "Technological Breakthrough" against the American People (firstly).

In December, the Defense Department declassified two videos documenting encounters between U.S. Navy F-18 fighters and unidentified aircraft. The first video captures multiple pilots observing and discussing a strange, hovering, egg-shaped craft, apparently one of a “fleet” of such objects, according to cockpit audio. The second shows a similar incident involving an F-18 attached to the USS Nimitz carrier battle group in 2004.

You can find an very interesting discussion about these first two videos on the following topic:

New York Times : "The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program" (plus DeLonge's new website/videos)

The videos, along with observations by pilots and radar operators, appear to provide evidence of the existence of aircraft far superior to anything possessed by the United States or its allies. Defense Department officials who analyze the relevant intelligence confirm more than a dozen such incidents off the East Coast alone since 2015. In another recent case, the Air Force launched F-15 fighters last October in a failed attempt to intercept an unidentified high-speed aircraft looping over the Pacific Northwest .

That you can find well covered in this topic too:

Airliners And F-15s Involved In Bizarre Encounter With Mystery Aircraft Over Oregon

And there's an active thread discussing the release of this third video by TTSA mentioned in the article here:

Breaking News! third AATP UFO Video Has Been Released!

The reason I'm starting a new thread is because I don't want to discuss the video itself, I want opinions about the coverage by the press and the narrative the TTSA is using to make the public believe in this phenomena (real or not).

First, Christopher started by showing the video of an allegedly high-speed UFO with the "date, location, and other information removed by the originating authority as part of the release approval process."

Is it possible that America has been technologically leap-frogged by Russia or China? Or, as many people wondered after the videos were first published by the New York Times in December, might they be evidence of some alien civilization?

Unfortunately, we have no idea, because we aren’t even seeking answers.

Okay, so that's the resume of what they're telling to the general public.

That either we are being visited by some "alien civilization" or that we are losing the second space race to Russia or China.

I served as deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence for the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations and as staff director for the Senate Intelligence Committee, and I know from numerous discussions with Pentagon officials over the past two years that military departments and agencies treat such incidents as isolated events rather than as part of a pattern requiring serious attention and investigation. A colleague of mine at To the Stars Academy, Luis Elizondo, used to run a Pentagon intelligence program that examined evidence of “anomalous” aircraft, but he resigned last fall to protest government inattention to the growing body of empirical data.

Meanwhile, reports from different services and agencies remain largely ignored and unevaluated inside their respective bureaucratic stovepipes. There is no Pentagon process for synthesizing all the observations the military is making. The current approach is equivalent to having the Army conduct a submarine search without the Navy. It is also reminiscent of the counterterrorism efforts of the CIA and the FBI before Sept. 11, 2001, when each had information on the hijackers that they kept to themselves. In this instance, the truth may ultimately prove benign, but why leave it to chance?

The military personnel who are encountering these phenomena tell remarkable stories. In one example, over the course of two weeks in November 2004, the USS Princeton, a guided-missile cruiser operating advanced naval radar, repeatedly detected unidentified aircraft operating in and around the Nimitz carrier battle group, which it was guarding off the coast of San Diego. In some cases, according to incident reports and interviews with military personnel, these vehicles descended from altitudes higher than 60,000 feet at supersonic speeds, only to suddenly stop and hover as low as 50 feet above the ocean. The United States possesses nothing capable of such feats.

I find this very difficult to believe. Is it possible that we are not investigating this? I mean... With all the power the government has in the world they're just letting this go?

2nd Space Race

If the origin of these aircraft is a mystery, so is the paralysis of the U.S. government in the face of such evidence. Sixty years ago, when the Soviet Union put the first manmade satellite in orbit, Americans recoiled at the idea of being technologically surpassed by a dangerous rival, and the furor over Sputnik ultimately produced the space race. Americans responded vigorously, and a little more than a decade later, Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon. If these craft mean that Russia, China or some other nation is concealing an astonishing technological breakthrough to quietly extend its lead, surely we should respond as we did then. Perhaps Russian President Vladi­mir Putin’s recent chest-thumping claims about propulsion breakthroughs are not pure braggadocio. Or, if these craft really aren’t from Earth, then the need to figure out what they are is even more urgent.

Interesting that he mentioned the recent claims about Putin's new nuclear arms capable of avoiding missile defenses.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

They did no such thing! In fact, the issue of these videos has been a sh&itshow from the day they "released" them. "They" being To the Stars Academy. First they claimed the videos were released and provided by the DOD/Pentagon. Well, the Pentagon/DOD refutes that claim. Then, Elizondo said he brought the videos with him from his DOD days; then he said he didn't. They said "we have the chain of custody" for the videos but they "can't show us" that.

Not to mention that at least one of those first two videos had already been circulating on the Internet since 2004. And the tiny blip of a video they just "released" has also been on the Internet before.

They never said these were off-world craft. One or two people said that we don't have craft that are capable of the maneuvers displayed by these things.

That's NOT the same thing as admitting "aliens!"

The people quoted as saying we don't have this tech cannot possibly claim to know what we have in all of our black programs. Elizondo wasn't that high up in the food chain. They don't know everything we have.

Neither do I, but I'm not claiming we couldn't possibly have the tech these craft displayed.
edit on 10-3-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I can think of a few reasons.

They are our advanced weapons and for strategic reasons not allowed to say.

They want to keep the rest of the world guessing.

They know there really are aliens and for strategic reasons or treaties not allowed to say.

They know there really are aliens that visit and work with us but 99.99% of the people of the world are not grown up enough to handle the knowledge.

They know there really are aliens and that a lot of people would want to ask asinine questions.

There really are aliens, they have made first contact thousands of times with other civilizations and we are going by their script to be accepted into the empire.

Politicians have temporary positions and don't need to know.

It's a privilege for a family to live, work and retire on an off-World base. Better, healthier, longer lives with whiz-bang technology seen on the plebs TV. To know your decendends will repopulate the earth after it's terraformed to clean up the mess.

They know that it's really the NAZis and don't want to admit they failed years ago or are currently powerless to oppose them now to the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Keep guessing...

Time will reveal the answers to these questions.

Pray that you handle the information appropriately. Pray that you are prepared for it.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Lol...no kidding....nicely played.....lol....begin telling Americans they are BEHIND the technological curve for the first time ever and kick their National pride down a few notches right after Trump has brought it up a few notches.....lol....lol....now we will begin seeing CGI craft with the rising sun decal ....and America will begin to feel an inferiority complex.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join