It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever ordered prescription glasses off the net?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
do you recommend any certain sites?

my wife and i just got new rims but of course our weak ass plan only covers like 3 frame choices and theyre just meh.

i want to get something like these

www.zennioptical.com...

they are about the right price. i dont give a # about name brand or whatever. cheapo works.

is it reliable? i dont want to get ripped.
ive only ever got them from the spec visit in office.

we also dont have our pupillary distance but i think i can work a deal with the lady at the desk to measure ours for us.

last time we were there my wife and i were talking about going to moe's. think chipotle but more banging.
she was saying how she was hungry and blah blah. we always joke around with her so tomorrow we are gonna roll through and i am going to offer her a moe's super banging burrito if she will measure our PD.

first step out of the way.

but do you recommend any legit cheap sites?

im looking for some old school looking frames. 50's style. nerd style. serial killer style.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

As a matter of fact, I just got a couple pairs this week that I ordered about 10 days prior. This is the second time I've bought off the net, both times from EyeBuyDirect.com. There may be better or cheaper... I don't know. But I was happy enough with the first time that I ordered a second time. Both times, I ordered one pair of clear lens wire frames and one pair of sunglasses with plastic frame -- less than $100 with shipping. I didn't order the cheapest but nothing expensive either. I'm too hard on glasses to spend very much! I tried the self-adjusting lenses once but I didn't like them.

I don't know what else I can tell you... but if you have any questions I'll try... and otherwise good luck!

edit on 9-3-2018 by Boadicea because: spelling -- "fact" not "face -- d'oh!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I use 39dollarglasses.com

They have a scale that you print off & measure your pupillary distance, then you enter your prescription

Been using them for years and have never had any issues with the glasses or service

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

My go to is www.eyebuydirect.com... 1st pair I bought were $28, delivered! Single vision, plastic frames.

Most recent pair are the best...metal frames, progressive lenses, and $128.

Huge variety of frames for all budgets... I'd recommend to anyone.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Serial killer style? LOL

I have been thinking about getting a couple pairs of prescription goggles online to wear while riding my Harley.
My prescription sunglasses move around on me too much when riding.

www.sportrx.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Serial killer style? LOL

I have been thinking about getting a couple pairs of prescription goggles online to wear while riding my Harley.
My prescription sunglasses move around on me too much when riding.

www.sportrx.com...

yeah i dont know how else to explain it.

on me i think they would look cool. not like a serial killer

< < < < < < ME
edit on 9-3-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

what do you have?

im in ohio and its getting to be that time again.

i had a dyna a couple years ago. had to get rid of it.

i really want to go to africa this december but i am torn between that and getting another harley. i am leaning towards africa cause its more time sensative

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have two pair from zenni, and I'm happy with both. Fast delivery, no issues.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Sportster 1200 Custom
Yeah we keep getting more freaking snow here every other day and it’s starting to piss me off.
I know it’s early March but I am ready for the warm weather.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Been using Zenni for years-love them. Every price imaginable-love them-never a problem.

Made the mistake about 4 years ago ordered from Glasses USSA-awful experience-wrong prescription and they were very rude.

With Zenni I can own glasses like jewelry because they are so inexpensive.

Btw, Walmart's eyewear department measured the pupillary distance for me.

Happy buying!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I've used Zenni for several years. I've been very pleased. They don't last forever but I am very hard on glasses so I like buying a couple different pairs anyway. I usually go pretty cheap lol. I got my PD measurement from Walmart to, but it wasn't exactly right and it did effect them (Bifocal.
) It's time for me to get a new scrip so I'm going to have them recheck and will also test it myself.
Happy shopping! ;-)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I use Zenni.

They are fast and the glasses are great.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

We used them too. They were fine, no issues.

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I have never ordered on line but will keep this in mind...I do have a tip if your frames break but your prescription lenses are still good.......my frames broke and I wear bifocals and on a tight budget...I have been using reading glasses for distance which works pretty good..but for close up I had to wear to pairs of reading glasses at the same time!!! well after awhile I pulled out my broken frames and looked through the lenses to see if my eyes had changed and everything looked pretty clear......so I got a pair of reading glasses at the dollar store...they don't have screws on the sides so I took a small hammer and broke out the lenses and put in my bi focal lenses it was a cheap easy fix if you are on a tight budget.....buys you time to save to get a new pair!!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
i found some on zenni i want to get for sure but i still dont understand the pupillary thing.

it is asking for single PD or dual PD

how do i know which one to use?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have ordered many pairs of glasses at various websites. Zenni is fine but be prepared to wait a couple weeks. Coastal is good but has less frame selection but they get you your glasses in 1 week. Biggest problem I have had buying glasses online is getting frames that aren't wide enough to fit comfortably across my nose bridge. Most sites you can now narrow your search for nose bridge width, but even if you are going by the nose bridge size of a pair that fits you now, doesn't mean the ones you ordered with the same size will fit you. I got a scolding from one site because I sent the glasses back because they didn't fit. All I can say is it is a fun, interesting experience ordering glasses online- you never know what you are gonna get. BTW a site called warbyparker.com has a lot of retro type frames. My sister ordered from them and was satisfied with her glasses.

Sal

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: pavil

I have never ordered on line but will keep this in mind...I do have a tip if your frames break but your prescription lenses are still good.......my frames broke and I wear bifocals and on a tight budget...I have been using reading glasses for distance which works pretty good..but for close up I had to wear to pairs of reading glasses at the same time!!! well after awhile I pulled out my broken frames and looked through the lenses to see if my eyes had changed and everything looked pretty clear......so I got a pair of reading glasses at the dollar store...they don't have screws on the sides so I took a small hammer and broke out the lenses and put in my bi focal lenses it was a cheap easy fix if you are on a tight budget.....buys you time to save to get a new pair!!

Also another budget quick fix tip. If you have metal frames and they break, a jeweler can fix them for less than 10 dollars.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sostratus
I use 39dollarglasses.com

They have a scale that you print off & measure your pupillary distance, then you enter your prescription

Been using them for years and have never had any issues with the glasses or service

I have used 39dollarglasses as well, and I have been quite satisfied. Of course, I've always ended up spending more than $39, but it's still waaay cheaper than the brick and mortar stores.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I also have used zenni several times. Never had a problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join