It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Drones found in NK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Politicians saying one thing while business men doing another?

At least five of North Korea's drones have crashed since 2014, allowing investigators to recover crucial evidence linking Chinese companies to Pyongyang's military programme.

Drones

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I guess Im not surprised. Did you get a look at that model airplane theyre calling a drone in the picture? Lol, I hope they don't have 300 of those for a drone swarm

ETA almost as humorous as Irans flying speed boats
edit on 9-3-2018 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

They buy them in toy stores they can't afford the good ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Looks like something you'd pick up at RadioShack as a 10 year old's birthday present.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It is pretty well known in intel circles that China is directly aiding the NK military tech development including their missile program. The closed-door diplomacy rule makes it nearly impossible to call them out, but when Trump said something to the effect of 'China has the solution to this'. There was more to that statement than was obvious.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

That one does look old.

I'd be hard pressed if Iran has better drones than China haha. I'm sure that was a hand me down.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I always laugh at these threads. The comments about how bad it looks especially. Who cares how it looks, does it do the job. North Korea has managed to get their UAVs into South Korea, pretty close to some fairly sensitive areas. THAT is what matters, not that it looks old, or cheap.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Looks like something you'd pick up at RadioShack as a 10 year old's birthday present.

It’s supposed to look like that.

It is small and light in construction that makes it almost undetectable. Perfect for reconnaissance.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I always laugh at these threads. The comments about how bad it looks especially. Who cares how it looks, does it do the job. North Korea has managed to get their UAVs into South Korea, pretty close to some fairly sensitive areas. THAT is what matters, not that it looks old, or cheap.

Agreed. The only thing that matters here is the fact that they were able to get them off the ground and to an operational standard. Judging capabilities by looks is like judging a book by its cover. Usually leads to assumptions.

Who's to say that they have an airframe that meets their requirements that they can build on the cheap and sped the rest on some super red-hot optics to put in there? (Not saying that they do or that it is likely, just playing devil's advocate).

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yeah, that's true. I wasn't implying it was ineffective, I just thought it was funny in comparison to what the US has in its arsenal. You're right though. The reason the AK-47 is the most popular assault rifle in the world is because it's cheap and just works. I definitely recognize the value in keeping things minimal and low-cost, which is exactly why my dream car would be an old restored pickup truck as opposed to some flashy Lamborghini that would get scraped to hell the moment I encountered a speed bump.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Yeah, that's true. I wasn't implying it was ineffective, I just thought it was funny in comparison to what the US has in its arsenal. You're right though. The reason the AK-47 is the most popular assault rifle in the world is because it's cheap and just works. I definitely recognize the value in keeping things minimal and low-cost, which is exactly why my dream car would be an old restored pickup truck as opposed to some flashy Lamborghini that would get scraped to hell the moment I encountered a speed bump.

I knew someone who spent a large work bonus on a luxury sports car. Busted the rear axle on a pothole, and had to fork out £10K for a replacement. If you know that one of your toys is likely to go missing or be shot down, it's more cost effective to get something cheap.

These days, you can buy a RC scale model of a Mig fighter plane for $60. People are building scale model aircraft like the SR-71 and a flying Starship Enterprise. These are large enough to stick in a RC camera

throt-l.com...

new topics

top topics

join