It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Women's Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So, if I have to hear one more woman say how 'empowered' or 'strong' she is I think I will puke. People that ARE something don't need to tell you about it...for example...a confident person is known through action not through words.

I know a strong woman when I see it...hell, I married one and that is very attractive, but someone that needs to TELL you what they are has all kinds of self-esteem issues and self-doubt.

Maybe the point of the day is to tell people everything you aren't and expose insecurities.

If you ARE strong and powerful just STHU...we already noticed.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What about international men's day?

I mean, are all men evil or something?

WTH ?

Guess we have this coming up.... www.steakandbj.org...

edit on 9-3-2018 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I like to think of myself as being quite a progressive equal opportunities type of guy, a liberal if you will.

But my god is this stuff going too far.

International woman's day is utter crap. If there were a international mans day lets face it there would be some kind of outrage, then we would need a international transsexual day just to cover all bases but then the gender fluid folks would want their own day and it goes on and on.

To me the very idea of a International woman's day goes against the whole idea of equality for all regardless of gender because that is what it should be about. Its not just about women, its about equality and empowering all people regardless of gender, when you just arbitrarily start picking random days of the year and calling it "international woman's day" its kind of sexist to the rest of the world, as such the whole thing is utterly stupid.

Stuff like this just needs to stop.

The idea should be that all people regardless of personal identity characteristics should have equal opportunities.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Im tired these pathetic virtue signaling months of recognizing some minority ethnic group or a woman. People are so busy trying to separate themselves from the rest of society and wonder why the world is falling apart.

We dont need a month to recognize you. We see the accomplishments and failures every day.

Enough with the black/ latino/ asian/ woman / native american pride.

Accept the reality that it takes all of us as ONE PEOPLE to change the world.

No one cares what color you are or what country you come from. We are all still human
edit on 9-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh Contraire..... www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Day

International Women's Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8 every year.[3] It is a focal point the movement for women's rights. While the first observance of a Women's Day was held on February 28, 1909 in New York,

so back then it means something and now its bull# like everything else?

sounds about right

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Well duhhhhh.... Vagina......

I have to ask once third wave feminism has killed any relationship wants for many young men and the gravy train leaves the station then what?...

International womens day to tell the men they still exist???,.....

I wonder how many selfies where taken with #empowered??

Maybe on international mens day they could have #justhappytobealiveafterthebiasedcourtsystemtookeverythingandleftmehomeless

RA
edit on 9-3-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To me the very idea of a International woman's day goes against the whole idea of equality for all regardless of gender because that is what it should be about. Its not just about women, its about equality and empowering all people regardless of gender, when you just arbitrarily start picking random days of the year and calling it "international woman's day" its kind of sexist to the rest of the world, as such the whole thing is utterly stupid.

I'm sure they probably had the same concerns back when they picked this day. Y'know, way back before women in America had the right to even vote in elections. Oh, and before women in the UK had the right to vote.

I mean it's not like women in some countries are getting stoned to death because they got raped by anybody so yea, that whole international women's day is completely unnecessary.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Yeah. Our own ABC here in Aussie celebrated it with stashing the broadcasters. News, sports , weather, finance.

Would it suit that men's day was celebrated on the ABC in this fashion. Methinks not.

Good rant.

Bally

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I'm sure they probably had the same concerns back when they picked this day. Y'know, way back before women in America had the right to even vote in elections. Oh, and before women in the UK had the right to vote.

I mean it's not like women in some countries are getting stoned to death because they got raped by anybody so yea, that whole international women's day is completely unnecessary.

Actually thats another interesting point.

These days seem very much focused on western women.

Its like the whole #meto stuff, thats all very good any all but what about the women who had been subjected to sexual harassment/abuse in the work place for years. I think it is incumbent upon everyone to ensure that equality it universal but I don't think that thinks like this really help with that. I know they mean well and its nice to see some action I just don't know if this is what it is.

Sure you can disagree with me, that is a equally valid argument.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Maybe on international mens day they could have #justhappytobealiveafterthebiasedcourtsystemtookeverythingandleftmehomeless

Oh, I can so relate to that !

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

About the only women we should have honored were the ones that died when they refused to wear the burkas in Iran.

The rest could make a few sandwiches and dust around the place. Maybe wash a dish or two. And what's for dinner???

edit on 9-3-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I know this may sound a bit cliche but I believe that sometimes just making statements about being "empowered" or "strong" actually make people (in this case certain women) begin to feel more confident about themselves and helps them to build self esteem.

To achieve it you must first believe it- or something of that nature.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

My wife has been with me for 25 years and has been a strong empowered woman the entire time yet has never felt the need to shout it from the rooftops.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
oh hey i just came by to soak up all the delicious male tears

misandry forever!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

misandry forever!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

misandry forever!

Who's Miss Andry?

Is she hot?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Well said, if it just helps a few all the better.

Hey guys, no fret. there's an International Men's day too! Or is that a bad thing too?

Is there an International Men's Day? International Men's Day is celebrated in over 60 countries of the world. Too many to list. Join us on November 19 in celebrating the contribution men and boys make to those around them, to their family and friends, their work place and the community, the nations and the world.
Source

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
they were prattling on about that on telly over here .
what a waste of airtime and of a day .
can you lot kindly limit your idiocy to your own countries . we dont need it mucking things up here .

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

How about when you consider one of their more prominent voices happens to be pro-sharia these day? Im not opposed to what your saying, as to the purpose of the day, but does the current day model actually fit?

There are soo many strange crossover demographics these days, odd times we live in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join