It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any One Else Experiencing Sleep Deprivation This Past Week ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is a question I must pose to the community.

Generally , I get 5 to 6 hours of sleep at night without waking up. I know, that's not alot, but, it has always worked for me. Lately,I have been waking up every hour. My wife has been going through the same thing this week.

We are not stressed out about anything that is effecting our lives at the moment, at last nothing new.

Myself, I had to have emergency dental care over the weekend which involved the extraction of a wisdom tooth and two molars do to an abscess.Took some pain pills for a few days, but that was a few days ago since the last time I did.

Also, we are both experiencing some really weird and vivid dreams.

Just only this past week.

Any one else going through this?

Just wondering if it is just us, or something bigger.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Just wondering if it is just us, or something bigger.

It's not just you. It's not something bigger.

Bet on it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Can't sleep.... must be aliens.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've been that way for years. Broke alot of bones in my time- ribs,shoulder, arm,leg,hands,ankle,jaw...fingers, toes....

I can't stay put for longer than 20-30 minutes.
Like a pig on a rotisserie.

It sucks, but I somehow I still function.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Lots of people have been, it's not just You, and btw don't feed the trolls they'll just keep coming back.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Lots of people have been, it's not just You, and btw don't feed the trolls they'll just keep coming back.

Good to know, and I never do.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I.m glad to hear I am not the only one that sleeps 5-6 hours a night. Mine are usually pretty good though and nothing unusual lately.

Usually asleep around 9 and awake around 2:30 a.m. And once I am awake I am awake. I could kill my wife I am so jealous. She can wake up, have a smoke and go back to sleep for hours.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Same here, except me it's about every two hours and almost to the minute the same times each night.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have spent years working night shift, I am obsessed with my sleeping patterns and very religious about my routines.

Not being able to sleep is hell.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I too can't seem to get much sleep nowadays (well, nowanights).

In one weird and very vivid dream I dreamt about my day, and then when I woke up I was back at the morning, which totally confused me for a minute or two.

In another I was getting choked to death and when I woke up my pressure was spiking and my heart racing.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I.m glad to hear I am not the only one that sleeps 5-6 hours a night. Mine are usually pretty good though and nothing unusual lately. Usually asleep around 9 and awake around 2:30 a.m. And once I am awake I am awake. I could kill my wife I am so jealous. She can wake up, have a smoke and go back to sleep for hours.

On the weekends, I can do that. I usually go to bed around midnight and get up about 6 am during the work week with no problems. This week has been a struggle. Weekends, while not working, I can get up , have a smoke, and go right back to bed and sleep until 11 am.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I've been having sleep issues the past two weeks or so. During the first few nights, I was lucky if I had one hour of sleep. This problem has corrected itself once I changed the time I go to bed. Instead of going to bed around 10pm I stay up until 3-4am now which lets me sleep about 8 hours.

Could be the aliens are forcing us to change our sleep habits to one better suited to their home planet or the mothership.
Nah, I think it is due to my no longer taking any medication, esp. the mind-altering government issued psych drugs.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

In one weird and very vivid dream I dreamt about my day, and then when I woke up I was back at the morning, which totally confused me for a minute or two. In another I was getting choked to death and when I woke up my pressure was spiking and my heart racing.

I think part of my problem is after I wake up from one of these dreams, when I go back to sleep and it continues until I get tired of the dream and wake up again. It goes all night.

I rarely use to dream like that, now, it's all the time.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I've had sleep deprivation issues my whole life, used to go for months on end not getting any more than 3 hours worth a night... But lately, it seems like all I do is sleep...

I feel truly blessed, to be honest... A genuine full on sleeping disorder is worse than death, imo.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I've been going to bed earlier and earlier the last week or so. It is like trying to get as much sleep in before the tossing and turning happens. Waking up every two hours a lot which is not normal.

As far as dreams go, I thought I got back to having "normal" (at least for me) dreams. I had been having a bunch of "solve this problem" dreams then when I solve it, it resets and I have to solve it again with a different solution! It may be walking around a growing hole in the ground without climbing into it. Last night was about rock climbing up a 40-foot or so wall; it was not hard to do, until you had to go back down. The only other way down was to go in the opposite direction, and get on a zig-zag road that also seemed to go all the way around the mountain side I was on.

The "normal" dreams I got back to for a day or two seemed so weird and funny. Lots of music and just fun stuff. It was a relief. Now it seems I'm back to my "second job" at problem solving.

Nothing really life changing or stressful happening.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As a matter of fact I am. No vivid dreams though

With the upcoming time change this weekend I’m gonns be screwed up even worse!

I had finally got on a decent schedule too.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Could be the aliens are forcing us to change our sleep habits to one better suited to their home planet or the mothership. Nah, I think it is due to my no longer taking any medication, esp. the mind-altering government issued psych drugs.

Maybe the mothership is pinging my brain at night.LOL ! Something has definitely changed, and I'm thinking the pain med I took for a few days did it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I find that having fresh air in my room affects the number of hours I need. When I stayed in an apartment block and hotel rooms with filtered air-conditioning, I would only need six hours sleep. Norway was wonderful in Summer - it was sunny when I went to bed and when I got up.

In places where there was no air circulation (my bed was directly underneath lie-ins in a room), I'd need eight or more hours. Have to watch my diet too - some foods would just knock me out for four hours, then I'd wake up at 2am and stay up until 4am/5am.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Going to see if this 12 pack of beer and 2 bottles of red wine will work.

One way or another, I hope to be drooling all over my pillow in 6 hours.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yup but got things on my mind and a bad shoulder.
It may be aliens though I had a bit of an odd dream where I had a chat with a blue woman with funny eyes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join