It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Borges, Parkland shooting hero student, returns to ICU following infection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Anthony Borges, according to his father, has been returned to ICU following a surgery to remove infected tissue within his abdomen. His father asks for prayers for Tony, and I couldn't think of a more deserving kid man.

For those who don't recall (due to the chaos of the incident), Tony is a student who secured other students in a locked room and took multiple gun shots in the process of shielding his classmates from the shooter. Tony's actions saved lives that day, and there is no doubt he willingly put his own safety in jeopardy to protect others.

During a critical incident or shooting, most folks will run, hide or otherwise cower before an unthinkable threat. A select few will have the courage and presence of mind to engage a deadly attacker with their own firearm. It is even more sobering when such a hero takes this risk without a weapon, possessing only their intellect/instincts and defining courage. At 15 years old, this type of bravery and strength of character is unheard of. Yet, here we are with a real life 15 year old High School hero.

Thanks Anthony, prayers for you and your family.
I know he is not legally old enough to drink, but here's to Anthony

SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 3/9/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Call it being brave or being stupid....there are people that are alive because of him.

I hope he bounces back quickly. We need more brave/stupid people in this world, not less.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

God let this good egg pull through. We need him yet.

Anthony Borges held it down with nothing more than himself. You cant ask for more.

I wish the world was filled with people like him.

edit on 3 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That's the sort of actions I've seen soldiers receive medals and much recognition for.

Hats off to the lad, job well done. Much respect.

CX.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We need more brave/stupid people in this world, not less.

Less stupid people...or, just have them move to California and call it the day.

#cantwaittomove

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

God be with he's family.

new topics

top topics

join