It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Horton's.. you owe me something

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It's not too bad. the only 2 liquids I consume are water and coffee. And it's not that I'm drinking coffee all day, I get at most, probably 2 mediums a day. That is relatively mild in comparison to most others.

But thanks for your concern

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Lol

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Lol!

You know what I do when my coffee gets cold? I let it slowly simmer on top of the stove. Usually comes out just as fresh as new. I am probably breaking some unwritten coffee rule, but oh well.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Lol!

You know what I do when my coffee gets cold? I let it slowly simmer on top of the stove. Usually comes out just as fresh as new. I am probably breaking some unwritten coffee rule, but oh well.

Had it have been my usual black coffee, I likely would have nuked it and thought nothing of it. But it was unseasonably warm here that night and didn't trust the dairy content.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Averaging 2 coffees per day since it started...won 13 coffees...7 donuts and one latte.

Sometimes go 8 or so cups without a win...then a flurry of wins...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You Canadians sure like your Tim Horton's! My son recently married into a family whose parents own (5) Tim Horton's in the U.S.. His new wife manages all five of them. I have relatives in Toronto Canada who got so excited hearing my son's future bride to be was the daughter of the owner of (5) Tim Horton's chains, They almost peed their pants, lol. They said "NO, are you kidding us? It's also not uncommon to see a Canadian touring bus parked in one of our local Tim Horton's.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Averaging 2 coffees per day since it started...won 13 coffees...7 donuts and one latte.

Sometimes go 8 or so cups without a win...then a flurry of wins...

I bet you're also dashingly handsome and incredibly smart.

..or maybe you're just from Manitoba.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Your son is in very, very good hands, lol.

And yes we do love our Timmie's! Pretty sure their coffee is spiked with something too..

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The losing streak continues...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I must be psychic.

Here's a beer for ya mate.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

At the rate I was going, I think predicting a win would've been more impressive. Maybe you jinxed it, maybe you spoke my loss into existence.

I know I said I would boycott them, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back first thing in the morning..

But thanks for the beer (even though I don't drink)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Jinx? Well, I am an evil peacock hellbent on eradicating ancient arts from China and dominating the world. Well, my avatar is, anyway.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't know if they're doing this at their US locations or not (yes, we have them, in MI at least) but I don't pay much attention to the cups when I buy a drink, I've tossed Mickey D's cups with Monopoly doohickeys still on them. I may have tossed or not tossed out the Horton's cup this morning with a winner dealie on it if the US is included in that, IDK. Don't really care, I didn't buy a coffee for a gambling chance. Obviously, the gimmicks aren't the draw for me when businesses do this kind of thing

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is just a way to keep you buying more of this # coffee.

It’s weak, it’s like maiden’s water.

It’s not even good, it’s like people are in a trance over it. I don’t get it. Unless they’ve added some addictve ingredient.

I’d rather make my own.

I hate all the baby talk associated with it too. “ on my. Way to timmies to get a double double”

Are they still doing that filthy thing of letting people bring their germ laiden cups to the counter for a refill? Super gross.

Back to your math .... 1 in 6 means one in 6 , out of God knows how many. Some get lucky , some don’t

A free cup of coffee is not a win when it costs more in gas going there to get it and you’ll likely buy a donut, or whatever baby name they’re calling those

Anyways it’s nothing to brag about. Let’s just keep our bragging rights about maple syrup and ice hockey.
edit on 10-3-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

How many cups do you send to landfill each year? You have won a prize it's just not what you expected .

Get a keep cup ,or you are doomed to remain an environmentally challenged person.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It’s a Very effective gimmick. People freak out when you toss the cup! They’ll rummage through the garbage can to retrieve it, then they pack this snogged out cup around with them

edit on 10-3-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Not to mention the waste of trees making the paper.
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I would be far more impressed seeing companies like that rewarding people for bringing their own cups, all the money saved from not making one use cups could go go straight back to the customer.
edit on 10-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

This contest is a fraud now....I buy 2 cups per day minimum and have only won a donut since the contest began and 2 years ago I noticed that when I rolled up the rim on some cups the rim would suddenly give way and open up easier than normal...BECAUSE THERE WERE TWO CUTS ON THE LIP OF THE RIM WHERE THE PRIZE IS NAMED......seriously......and this is not an improvement by them because it has been happening for 3 years running....I e-mailed Tims and got bupkiss for a reply.

Methinks the Franchise owners are somehow not doing anything illegal if they rip everyone off by scooping up prizes before customers can get to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join