It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Horton's.. you owe me something

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

For my non-Canadian friends that don't know, Tim Horton's is a hugely successful coffee franchise up here in Canada. I would surmise they are the equivalent of the Illuminati and pretty much own all of Canada and it's citizens. The covfefe.. I mean coffee sure is great though. In fact, so great that I've been buying multiple cups a day, every day.. which brings me to this rant. You see the picture above? Well, I wish I had kept all my cups from the past month, because I lost count, but I would assume I'm in the ballpark of about 50-60 cups.

1 in 6 cups is a winner, eh? Let's do some quick math. 1 of 6 is about.. (y + z = F x (1/6 + 50-60) + %5 + 15% GST -/- [$] = ? ) ...let's just say I should've won something by now. But lo and behold, not a single win, not a single free cup of coffee, not a single free donut, not a single thank you come again.. nothing, nada, zilch.

So what is happening here? False advertisement? Terrible luck? Or are they on to me for trying to expose their ties to TPTB?

Well the good news is, I have 2 cups in front of me that could change everything. But I may have to boycott these giants if I come up short again and hopefully start a revolution.

Wish me luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The suspense is killing me! Did you break your losing streak?

LOL. Hunter, the coffee cooler. Wonder if you up everyone else's chances?

Have a great weekend!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Maybe you just aren't lucky.
Not even a little bit.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hi my friend. I am currently still drinking my first cup, but I will update you.

I don't know if I "up" everyone else's chances, but I saw somebody pay with their cup. So that's at least one person that has achieved victory.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That I can agree with. I have never been the lucky one, and have mostly teetered along "unlucky" for a majority of my life.

But I think i'll be alright.

edit on 9-3-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I just won a coffee this morning.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't go at Tims.

I am a bit paranoid about other people making my beverages or meals. I prefer doing those myself and know what I put in my body.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
That's "one in six" as a national average. But all the winning cups are concentrated in Manitoba.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's gotta be some bullsnip

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I didn't know you are Canadian?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This whole time I thought it wa Canadian Carl's jr.

2nd Disappoint of my day.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm trying to win the lotto tonight (MM) and tomorrow night (PB).

Coffee... small potatoes!!

I'll personally reimburse you for all the coffee you bought from that place should I win the lotto.

Good luck!!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This isn't how stats work. Your odds for every cup is 1 in 6. It doesn't increase to 2 in 6 with the second cup, 3 in 6 with the third and so on.

It's basic math.
edit on 9-3-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Clearly I am a math whiz, can't you tell?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

1 down, 1 to go..

Hopefully you're all ready for a revolution.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I predict: same result as first cup.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Please pray for me, I don't want to go down as the cursed child.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Sorry, I pray not.

In your luck, I am not pious...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

With all those coffees, aren't you concerned about, you, know, going to the loo in an urgent manner?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Try living in the province that got sent cups with literally nothing under the rim ! Not even a polite Canuck "Please play again". We figure its Tim's way of compensating for the $15 min wage. They know the more you lose the more you buy to win....bastards. My hubby,buys coffee every day at one of the busiest Tim's in the city..has won nothing. I won a coffee. Guess what happened to my one winning coffee? Grabbed an extra large French vanilla on the way home, which is an hour away from the nearest Tim's. Was late in the evening. Got home carried in all my purchases,said my goodnights...and zzzzzzz. 5am next morning I wake up and realize my sweet delicious cappuccino is sitting untouched in the cup holder of the car...not even a prize winning sip of gratification did I get.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join