It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate for Wisconsin governor breastfeeds in campaign ad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Wow she must have a vagina and everything! What a qualified politician. Not like those penis having types at all.

edit on 3 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
My thoughts...

- nothing wrong with breastfeeding

- it is typically considered rude to sit and eat in front of others, id expect breastfeeding would be no different

- she seems to be politicizing her child eating which seems odd. We all know he eats...why do it on TV?

- its a bonding moment that should have privacy for the sake of the child

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Its not as if being a politician is a physical job, requiring use of the hands on such a basis that things which need doing, could not be done while nursing an infant.

If she wants to, she could quite happily do both things at the same time, especially since political figures have the ability to get assistants to perform certain tasks at their behest. For example, dictating letters to someone operating a keyboard, or using a talk to type system for correspondence, and then performing an editorial read of it to ensure accurate dictation, is perfectly possible and has been for some time.

Political office is a cerebral, not a physical role, therefore the only thing which would limit a persons ability to raise a child while engaged in political discourse, is the limitations placed upon them by their intellect, their patience, and their stamina.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Strange decision for a political ad. I think she's taking a huge gamble by turning off some voters who will think what she did was inappropriate.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: rickymouse

Its not as if being a politician is a physical job, requiring use of the hands on such a basis that things which need doing, could not be done while nursing an infant.

If she wants to, she could quite happily do both things at the same time, especially since political figures have the ability to get assistants to perform certain tasks at their behest. For example, dictating letters to someone operating a keyboard, or using a talk to type system for correspondence, and then performing an editorial read of it to ensure accurate dictation, is perfectly possible and has been for some time.

Political office is a cerebral, not a physical role, therefore the only thing which would limit a persons ability to raise a child while engaged in political discourse, is the limitations placed upon them by their intellect, their patience, and their stamina.

When a woman is breastfeeding, she has hormonal changes which kind of make her a little nice or sometimes kind of bitchy. That could be a problem when being a governor of a state. I have known many people who breastfed in my life, I don't think that their judgement would have been right at the time to run a state, although in their heightened hormone state I would not even try to mention it to them at the time. Although, with the extra Oxytocin she makes she may get very protective of the state.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I would never vote for a woman who just had a baby to be governor. I tend to be liberal so I probably agree with much of her politics. I think that a woman needs to be home with their babies for the first couple of years and failure for that to happen is the cause for much that is wrong with individuals in our society.

Hopefully it is still in primary stage.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So what is the age limit on public breast feeding.

We all need nourishment.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I remember when Sarah Palin campaigned with her baby. What was it that Obama supporters called him? A potato baby? A prop?

Eh...it was pretty vicious. But, I am sure they will double up on their standards out of convenience and celebrate this showing of motherhood mixed with political campaigning.

edit on 3/9/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Wow its like the 1950s on here.

Yes women can in fact work and have children. They may even choose to breastfeed.

Didn’t you get the memo? We’re making America great again!

And that means a return to the nostalgic post WW2 era.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think breast feeding is natural. People who are offended are offended by nature.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Who can someone focus on being president and be off playing golf all the time.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I think breast feeding is natural. People who are offended are offended by nature.

I'm not offended, but what does my eyeroll say about how I feel about nature?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Umm...meet the new Governor.......

The governor would be the jugs, right?

Because that's all I'm gonna remember about her, and I have my own honkers.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Wow its like the 1950s on here.

Yes women can in fact work and have children. They may even choose to breastfeed.

Not effectively, at least not in the rearing department, though. I really think women should think twice about working and popping 'em out simultaneously, it's counterproductive to either/or.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

I don't think breastfeeding a baby is appropriate for an ad for running for governor. Being goveror will take a lot of time, they are busy. Who is going to breastfeed the kid when she is working?

Hopefully she will continue to breastfeed her infant herself, considering the fact that formula is highly toxic.

I have nothing against a woman breastfeeding, but it is in the best interest of her child to run for governor at this time? Being governor is actually a stressful job and she looks like a nice woman, she doesn't appear to be the required strongwilled person that should hold that position.

So she should be at home taking care of the kid(s), instead of working, is your implication?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Fixed it for ya.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I don't think breastfeeding a baby is appropriate for an ad for running for governor. Being goveror will take a lot of time, they are busy. Who is going to breastfeed the kid when she is working?

Hopefully she will continue to breastfeed her infant herself, considering the fact that formula is highly toxic.

I have nothing against a woman breastfeeding, but it is in the best interest of her child to run for governor at this time? Being governor is actually a stressful job and she looks like a nice woman, she doesn't appear to be the required strongwilled person that should hold that position.

So she should be at home taking care of the kid(s), instead of working, is your implication?

Actually. yes. It's what she signed up for in reproducing. She kind of signed the universe's natural agreement to do the rearing, not nannies or baby sitters or relatives or daycares.
edit on 3/9/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Actually. yes. It's what she signed up for in reproducing. She kind of signed the universe's natural agreement to do the rearing, not nannies or baby sitters or relatives or daycares.

Should a new mother not be able to also run for governor?

Perhaps mothers should get proper leave to care for their children, which many don't, but if one chooses to work, they have the right, even if governor.
edit on 9-3-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Perhaps mothers should get proper leave to care for their children, which many don't.

Ideally, she'd recognize it as cutting into the critical formative bonding & learning years of rearing and thus inappropriate. She can ultimately do whatever TF she wants, but it doesn't mean I'm going to think it's wise.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Perhaps mothers should get proper leave to care for their children, which many don't.

Ideally, she'd recognize it as cutting into the critical formative bonding & learning years of rearing and thus inappropriate. She can ultimately do whatever TF she wants, but it doesn't mean I'm going to think it's wise.

Who says it takes away from the critical formative bonding and learning? She has her child with her, and is taking care/feeding it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join