It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Next Gen Fighter Will be Based on a Western Design

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

When you say 'how it was worded to you ', was that in school or...?

edit on 9-3-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Likening what the US is doing in the Pacific to the "Iron Curtain" is way off base.

A huge amount of trade occurs between China and the United States (and its allies). In terms of influence and public opinion, China has their own internet filter, massive tariffs on certain imports. The former as they are also afraid of american liberalism from destabilizing their regime (probably rightly so). But China also wants to reap the benefits of capitalism and their own growing hegemony. These two factors explain a large amount of what China is doing right now, as well as what America and its allies are doing now.

There used to be a term called the Bamboo Curtain which actually did relate to the United States and China, but it has fallen out of use due to it not being relevant or correct.

a reply to: intrptr

Japans being allowed to arm again...

Isn't Japan being allowed to choose its own path a good thing?
edit on 9/3/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Isn't Japan being allowed to choose its own path a good thing?

You're doing it wrong. The US is wrong for occupying Japan (still apparently, according to his last post, though they've been sovereign since '52). The US is wrong for forcing policy on Japan and making Japan dependant on the US for protection. The US is wrong to keep projecting force and defending its allies and interests in Asia. It is also wrong to "allow" Japan to amend their own Constitution and provide for its own defense and policy.
The US is wrong.

Got it now?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'd imagine that what your describing is probably the biggest secret in the geopolitical world. Also one look at Japan's solid fuel rocket program shows you that they could very likely have an indigenous Peacekeeper-tier delivery vehicle drawn up at the very least.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

japan has been working on nuclear 'stuff' sense WWII, i personally believe they may have detonated a small nuclear device at the tail end of the war in manchuria, but that is neither here nor there.

japan has a massive nuclear infrastructure, and the science and technical ability to easily make a bomb.

and like you said JAXA has some good rockets.

i dont think it's as big of a secret as it may seem, it's not that big of a jump. they have the reactors the rockets and the repossessing/and plutonium and uranium 'waste' they might say they make it into MOX or whatever fuel and reburn all the weapons stuff off, but come on.

i bet they have all the stuff ready to go other then the PU/U nuclear parts installed.

i would

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9-3-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

China is definitely noticing. They warned Japan against getting carriers.

www.upi.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Off memory Japan is within its rights to build Defence equipment..And with China and North Korea pushing boundaries I would look at Defence in a big way..

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I am thinking about timelines here, and this project seems to be guiding to launch a 5th generation fighter at just about the time that 6th generation designs will start to received serious funding, perhaps even prototype evaluation by the late 2020s. Or am I missing something?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Borys

Pretty much. That echoes the F-2 though. It was an F-16 derivative about the time the F-22 was getting being developed.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

China is definitely noticing. They warned Japan against getting carriers.

www.upi.com...

Interesting information, thanks for that link.

According to that article, modifying Helicopter Carriers to accept F 35 strike fighters would be a violation of Japan's Constitution.

Becoming a greater offensive threat in the region, instead of defensive posturing.

Not that the two countries have any buried resentment and animosity towards each other...

googled

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

There is a very big domestic push in Japan to become self reliant again. Japan has a reason it was 'forced' into depending on others for their own protection, they are crazy when it comes to war.

Japan is protected by the US, we are very close and without a doubt would go to war to protect Japan but if someone is attacking them then it is probably already WWIII.

i think Taiwan is more interesting as far as what if's as far as war goes.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

There is a very big domestic push in Japan to become self reliant again. Japan has a reason it was 'forced' into depending on others for their own protection, they are crazy when it comes to war.

They went to crazy war in WWII because they were denied the natural resources to operate. They are an Island nation with little resources of their own, depend mostly on imports to operate, even during peacetime. The US sanctioned Japans oil and iron ore prior to WWII because of what Japan did in Chia leading up to WWII. Thats why Japan went 'crazy war'.

Japan never apologized for ravaging China, never made reparations, because US 'took over' Japan after the war. China is very wary of an increasingly armed Japan and the support provided by the US.

This isn't about some undersea islands in the South China Sea, although resources there are at stake.

It is more about the increasing US military presence in the entire Eastern Pacific Region, i.e., the Asian Pivot. They aren't stupid, they know the pressure is being applied to Korea, Japan, Philippines, etc., to isolate and contain China and Russia away from the world economy, as much as possible.

Japan will never be totally self reliant, and independent from US Influence.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Does seem strange sending it to London, unless they want engines? Although I thought Mitsubishi engines were good (at least for commercial, don't know about performance).

I suppose like Turkey the Brits could offer a design, but I wonder if after the European dream ends, UKs former interest in their MPA, a Japanese/British 6th gen or future partnership was discussed?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Japan never apologized for ravaging China

Its a cultural difference that has been going on for thousands of years...
Thaiwan is a lot more defensive against China aggression than Japan.Also Thaiwan has a lot more help from the USA.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Fair enough, but the game has changed now: back then the US was far more predictable and reliable as an ally, and China was a big but fairly toothless power with an overall technological base decades behind Japan. But in 2018 and looking forward, China is investing insane amounts in key technologies with military applications, it's J-20 fighter is certainly a regional dominance platform (even if it may have serious flaws that prevent it from being a true F-22 rival). Japan can't afford to have ~25+ year old technology at a time when China will be most likely able to act as it pleases in Asia, with US intervention uncertain to occur, and even more uncertain of victory...

It's not going to be like 1996 with Carrier Groups 5 and 7 showing the Chinese what real power projection is all about...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join