It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilboa Snake Double Barrel AR-15 Enters Full Production For US Availability

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Like to see it used probably the stupidest idea for a firearm. The barrels will quickly overheat causing the rifles to jam. You will get zero acuracy and waste a lot of rounds. Amd they will always hit in the wrong place because you can't sight in 2 guns at once.

I agree it's likely not very practical. It's a novelty. Gun grabbers will want to ban it though, because it looks scary and they probably think it's twice as deadly.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

About the newest thing I've seen lately is the Hudson H9, and it's mostly based on existing designs.

Precisely.

The Hudson H9 isn't really anything new. It's just another overpriced 9mm pistol based on an outdated design with an M Night Shyamalan twist no one gives a crap about.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
After looking at the video, it was time to go and look at the specs on the weapon.

I do not believe that this would or should be allowed for private user consumption. It started off as an assault rifle, for military application. To lay down suppressing fire in short bursts over an area and thus increase the chances of hitting the enemy, and winning a skirmish.

Though I would wonder how easy would it be to modify this kind of weapon, where one could fire off both at the same time, or to make a far more devastating weapon that it already is. While there are those that would want such, the question would also have to include how long until it was shown or part of a crime, either from a domestic aspect or international, like in the hands of the cartels to the south, used on the citizens of this country? How long until such it turned on the creators of this weapon, where it originates from say the USA?

While it looks different, however, is it time to be introducing something like this to the public when the topic of firearms is very hot, is not a good idea right now.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Greven

About the newest thing I've seen lately is the Hudson H9, and it's mostly based on existing designs.

Precisely.

The Hudson H9 isn't really anything new. It's just another overpriced 9mm pistol based on an outdated design with an M Night Shyamalan twist no one gives a crap about.

Hell, remember Metal Storm?

They had electronic ignition, bullets stacked in barrels that fired sequentially... it was at least new, though just kind of went away.

I think that's the last actually new thing I recall, and that was years ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I guess my reaction is the same as a triple barrel shotgun I was handed once: “Whole lot of extra weight for something that doesn’t really improve on anything.”

But I did like a four barreled 22 I was looking at, except it was 22 short.

When I was doing gun shows for tourists with black powder weapons, I saw a french boarding pistol that was a 9 shot .45 with a 2 inch ball under, in one of our books.

Wish I had bought it even tho the group leader said no!

The .50 cal Hawkins was big and loud enough, I guess.

Too funny. That puppy sounds like a cannon with 180 grains. People dove for cover.

lol, thought the world was ending.

I still get a good laugh.

edit on 3 9 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
That's cool as hell! Kind of like a Desert Eagle in that it is over the top and a bit impractical, but who want's to be practical all the time?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So, you do not believe that the lower bore axis makes for improved weapon handling, accuracy, and all that malarkey? Many people who have tested it, report that there are significant differences, one might say improvements, to the direction and effect of the felt recoil on that particular pistol, when compared to other weapons in its class.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Whats the purpose though (other than just to look cool)? A single 223 or 5.56 is more than enough to one shot kill, so how is this anything other than a twice the rate ammo waster (not to mention heavier)?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join