It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilboa Snake Double Barrel AR-15 Enters Full Production For US Availability

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Nice gimmick. Not seeing any advantage to semi auto, double barrel anything.

And man talk about pissing off your neighbors at the range flinging brass in both directions LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Looks too heavy to me.

Would be fun to take on the range but thats about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Happiness is a warm brass in your eye, shoot shoot bang bang.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: 727Sky
I wonder about the "sighting in" and accuracy also.. Different strokes for different folks but just not a practical firearm for me.

I'm guessing that the two barrels hope to do away with sighting in etc LOL

For alot of us our long rifles are mean for a SHTF situation and I agree 100% its just not practical for that scenario or for me in general

Anyone who has humped an AR on a long trek with extra mags, water, and all the stuff that goes along with a all night hunt IMO would pick the thing up and say I don't think so..unless they are some kinda Rambo.

Most of my shots with the AR were 75 out to 325 yards and I hit what I was aiming at with my Russian night scope.. Sks was another good shooting weapon but I limited the shots out to 150 yards.... The AK I used a few times was awesome out to 100 yards but as far as I was concerned at 150 yards you might as well be throwing rocks as far as accuracy was concerned.. Bullet drop was terrible and took to much fiddling and thinking to hit the spot you wanted to.. The AR (for me) was point and aim.... easy peasy...

Two bolt carriers, two return springs. two barrels, two mags, everything double..... the extra weight is just not something I would want to carry around...
edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Kind of does away with being lightweight and low recoil.

It is a piece for showing off IMO.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Then there is the issue of the barrels. Are they true parallel? Do they converge? At what distance?. If it's not useful at medium range due to the double barrel design(something that has never worked at any decent distance, IIRC), then what is the point, more bullets downrange?

Yes, they converge--at whatever distance you want; it;s adjustable. Yes, the point is more bullets downrange.

I'll stick with my binary trigger if that's the case.

That makes it a machine gun. Different rules. Separate triggers means it can be sold where you can buy normal AR-15s. Watch the second video, especially.

Binary trigger DOES NOT convert a gun into a machine gun and are legal, in all states as far as I know(looked at fostechs site and it did not state they restrict sales to any state).

This thing is just unnecessary complexity. Dealing with two magazine, possibly emptied at different rates, whether dropped by one release or worse, two seperate ones, would just be a expensive, heavy and cumbersome answer to a question nobody asked.

The second video suggested otherwise. The good news is you are not required to buy one. My guess is they will sell out so quickly that those who really want one won't be able to get them either.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Aww...they're allright....kinda heavy....i got 50 of em ya know for wolverine and griz yea stuff like that

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I wondered if it was a side by side or over/under.

Cool!!

4 more barrels and ya got ol painless.

edit on 3 8 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I guess my reaction is the same as a triple barrel shotgun I was handed once: “Whole lot of extra weight for something that doesn’t really improve on anything.”

But I did like a four barreled 22 I was looking at, except it was 22 short.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

i want one PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

or better yet make it in a .308 or .300 black out and i will HAVE to buy one

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Seems like the sort of thing you would be offered in the computer game Borderlands, to be honest!

So, two triggers eh? I wonder how recoil dynamics will be effected, compared with a single barreled model? Interesting stuff, very interesting.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Hey, I don't design the weapons, just report them to ATS

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Yeah, my initial thought when I saw this was (after, "That looks badass"), "A shotgun with buckshot would be better for most practical non-military uses."

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i want one PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

or better yet make it in a .308 or .300 black out and i will HAVE to buy one

I can't imagine (well, I can, but...) a double-barreled AR10 shooting at the same time. That would even be less practical than this thing, and it's already pretty high on the impractical list.

Now, mount it on something where you could use both triggers separately, then THAT would be fun.

Or there's this, and if they produced one for the double-barrel AR that alternated firing, that would be something to behold:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Agreed that this seems more like something only collectors would really appreciate--the practical firearm owner, like me, would instantly recognize how ridiculous it would be to own for any other reason that the wow factor at the range.

It'd be one helluva wow factor, though.

As for the recoil, I would bet that it feels similar to shooting an AR10, but who knows. If I ever get to fire one, I'll let you know. I have a buddy who has his Federal Firearms License to deal firearms, and it seems like something that I could imagine him buying just to buy, play with, then sell. I'll get talking him into it...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is an arms race that seems like an unnecessary waste of time, lets just skip to the AR-Gattling-15 and give me 6 rotating barrels.

This also should have been named the AR-Squared.
edit on 3/9/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I don't see this as much more than a gimmick like the double barrel 1911, the G2 RIP projectile, and pistol bayonettes.

This is why I find the firearms industry lacking. I want to see something truly new, and all we get in response is another piece of plastic, another barrel(which would make this impossible to be accurate with at distance), another poorly designed round based essentially on the same basic principles and technologies used over a century ago, and multiple excuses for why better projectile designs, alternative propellants, and integrated electronics for sight and target tracking can't be done.

Double barrel AR...what garbage.

About the newest thing I've seen lately is the Hudson H9, and it's mostly based on existing designs.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just had to post this on social media. I admitted straight up it was a troll post. Gonna sit back and watch the ensuing panic.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I am Totally PRO-NRA..... but this is past sensible for Public consumption......

I mean why, it's less usable than a single barrel. It's by almost all accounts an inferior product.

The barrels are side by side, meaning the sights have the split the middle. It ejects brass from both sides. Clearing jams will have to be done on both sides as well. The barrels being that close to each other will make them over heat quicker. It's heavy.

The only + over a single barrel ar is double round fire, which consequently will be less sustainable heat wise and come with twice the recoil and kick.

It's a gimmick gun that is worse at hitting targets than a standard one. The only use this has is novelty, which means it's only audience is a public one.
edit on 9-3-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Like to see it used probably the stupidest idea for a firearm. The barrels will quickly overheat causing the rifles to jam. You will get zero acuracy and waste a lot of rounds. Amd they will always hit in the wrong place because you can't sight in 2 guns at once.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join