It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The First Time Ever, We've Found a Deep-Earth Mineral Inside a Diamond

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How would they test something like that, if it's inside of a diamond? Wouldn't they need samples to know what it is?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I have a lapis necklace. Each stone is about an inch in diameter; heavy, gaudy and pricey.

Similar to this...

lapis beads necklace

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Don't Google image search "diamond pipes".

I eventually did find out what one is, but it took me about a half hour longer than necessary...
edit on 3/9/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

How would they test something like that, if it's inside of a diamond? Wouldn't they need samples to know what it is?

Spectroscopic analysis. I believe this is the way we can look at a star or planet and know a good deal about the elemental makeup of the surface, by retracting the light through a uh, one of those triangular pieces, ah yes, a prism, you shine the light through a prism, and it seperates the light into all of its individual colors, or wavelengths or spectrums, then they take each known elemental spectrum and see what they find. An elements spectrum is kind of like a fingerprint, but a color code. Hydrogen might have 2 tiny slivers of light, one brownish, the other reddish brown, except rather than guessing reddish-brown they would have an exact value for that unique shade of color. As i said, this is much like a fingerprint, or dna might be a better analogy. Oxygen might have a thick yellow band and two blueish slivers and a slightly thicker red band. So you remove what you know to be oxygen, then go one by one removing each layer, like the best game ever invented, better than xbox, better than paintball, even better than The Most Dangerous Game starring IceT. Thats right I'm talkin PickUp Sticks baby, yeah! Except when the sticks are made of light, it doesn't really matter which stick is "on top" of another, but the skill is in building the database of known chemical signatures, and being able to identify them millions... No BILLIONS... NO, maybe just millions of miles away, there, that feels safer, I was getting overwhelmed with, well I don't want to Say it, but, you know, the "b" word.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: rickymouse

Don't Google image search "diamond pipes".

I eventually did find out what one is, but it took me about a half hour longer than necessary...

I never thought of that, so I checked, my leads to the other kind of diamond pipes you found were way on the third page. Maybe turn off Cortana, she thinks she knows what you want to see.

Edit: I found what you were talking about image on the search engine. I never thought of looking for images on that subject..
edit on 9-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Saweet, thats jusy plain effin coolio.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Spectroscopic analysis. I believe this is the way we can look at a star or planet and know a good deal about the elemental makeup of the surface, by retracting the light through a uh, one of those triangular pieces, ah yes, a prism, you shine the light through a prism, and it separates the light into all of its individual colors, or wavelengths or spectrum's, then they take each known elemental spectrum and see what they find. An elements spectrum is kind of like a fingerprint, but a color code. Hydrogen might have 2 tiny slivers of light, one brownish, the other reddish brown, except rather than guessing reddish-brown they would have an exact value for that unique shade of color. As i said, this is much like a fingerprint, or dna might be a better analogy. Oxygen might have a thick yellow band and two blueish slivers and a slightly thicker red band. So you remove what you know to be oxygen, then go one by one removing each layer, like the best game ever invented, better than xbox, better than paintball, even better than The Most Dangerous Game starring IceT. Thats right I'm talkin PickUp Sticks baby, yeah! Except when the sticks are made of light, it doesn't really matter which stick is "on top" of another, but the skill is in building the database of known chemical signatures, and being able to identify them millions... No BILLIONS... NO, maybe just millions of miles away, there, that feels safer, I was getting overwhelmed with, well I don't want to Say it, but, you know, the "b" word.

That was really informative. Thanks man. That cleared it up !

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That is some fancy name for the stuff.

Pervoskite is the past tense of....

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

That's just a technicality that wouldn't serve their theory.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

That's quite cool! I wonder how much they can discover, without destabilizing the sample.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

That's just a technicality that wouldn't serve their theory.

Not really seeing how it is explained in the article that I linked.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Spectroscopic analysis. I believe this is the way we can look at a star or planet and know a good deal about the elemental makeup of the surface, by retracting the light through a uh, one of those triangular pieces, ah yes, a prism, you shine the light through a prism, and it seperates the light into all of its individual colors, or wavelengths or spectrums, then they take each known elemental spectrum and see what they find. An elements spectrum is kind of like a fingerprint, but a color code. Hydrogen might have 2 tiny slivers of light, one brownish, the other reddish brown, except rather than guessing reddish-brown they would have an exact value for that unique shade of color. As i said, this is much like a fingerprint, or dna might be a better analogy. Oxygen might have a thick yellow band and two blueish slivers and a slightly thicker red band. So you remove what you know to be oxygen, then go one by one removing each layer, like the best game ever invented, better than xbox, better than paintball, even better than The Most Dangerous Game starring IceT. Thats right I'm talkin PickUp Sticks baby, yeah! Except when the sticks are made of light, it doesn't really matter which stick is "on top" of another, but the skill is in building the database of known chemical signatures, and being able to identify them millions... No BILLIONS... NO, maybe just millions of miles away, there, that feels safer, I was getting overwhelmed with, well I don't want to Say it, but, you know, the "b" word.
"B" word? or did you mean the "b" word? LOL LOL Why can't they just come out and say 93% of the earths crust is Pixie Dust. That special dust that will magically disappear if they try to prove, its Pixie Dust lol lol. Yes, the "B" word, just Brilliant, don't ya thunk? lol

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I've been trying to control myself but every time I see these kinds of story's my head explodes ....grrrrr Trigger words for me

"Theory"
"must have"
"Scientists have estimated "
" hypothetical "
"Already, the discovery has revealed fascinating information about how Earth's mantle formed. "
"clearly indicates the recycling of oceanic crust into Earth's lower mantle. "
"And the specific composition of the perovskite inclusion in this particular diamond very clearly indicates the recycling of oceanic crust into Earth's lower mantle. It provides fundamental proof of what happens to the fate of oceanic plates as they descend into the depths of the Earth."

It may be the fourth most abundant mineral on Earth, but it had never been seen before by human eyes in nature - because above a depth of about 650 kilometres (400 miles), it becomes unstable.

For The First Time Ever, We've Found a Deep-Earth Mineral Inside a Diamond

Now this! Is this plagiarized? Another "rare earth" gem?

There's an Ocean Deep Inside the Earth

In what sounds like a chapter from Journey to the Centre of the Earth, the chemical makeup of a tiny, extremely rare gemstone has made researchers think that there are oceans that exist hundreds of miles beneath the Earth.
The gemstone in question is called ringwoodite, which is created when olivine, a material that is extremely common in the mantle, is highly pressurized; when it's exposed to less pressurized environments, it reverts into olivine. It has previously been seen in meteorites and created in a laboratory, but until now had never been found in a sample of the Earth's mantle.

Diamond expert Graham Pearson of the University of Alberta came across a seemingly worthless, 3 millimeter piece of brown diamond that had been found in Mato Grosso, Brazil while he was researching another type of mineral. Within that diamond, he and his team found ringwoodite—and they found that roughly 1.5 percent of the ringwoodite's weight was made up of trapped water. The findings are published in Nature.

There's an Ocean Deep Inside the Earth

So which do you want me to believe???? ringwoodite, or calcium silicate perovskite.

CLEARLY, a diamond itself indicates the recycling of oceanic crust into Earth's lower mantle, whether it has "Dirt" in it or not. So what is it, a ocean of ice cream or pixie dust, that way down????

Didn't the Kola Super deep Borehole teach these guys anything? They still looking for that layer of Basalt Rock???

This is exactly how myths and fairy tales are created. Creating theories upon theories, upon theories, with no basis, no observations.

Theory

A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested, in accordance with the scientific method, using a predefined protocol of observation and experiment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now this " silicate perovskites" has never been seen by "Anyone" and only theorized to exist. Now, wow, they know what it is, before they even examine it or test it.

gortex, please don't take any of this personally, it isn't intended. But some folks get payed, to play, us. It is a ugly truth!

“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

We think science is based on facts and evidence. But from gravity to dark matter, string theory to parallel universes, its theories are curiously bereft of hard evidence. Is evidence less important than we think and conjecture alone capable of leading to greater understanding? Or has science dangerously drifted into fantasy?

Missing Evidence

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

So in this case diamonds are a scientists best friend.

Great read, thanks for sharing! That tag line at the end made me LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Things found in diamonds... I am sensing a trend!

All the ice you’ve ever put in a drink or scraped off your car windshield is what’s known as ice-I. When water freezes, the oxygen atoms move into a hexagonal arrangement. That’s why ice expands and has lower density than water. Compressing ice can change the shape of the crystals, turning ice-I into ice-II (rhombus-shaped crystals), ice-III (tetragonal crystals), and so on.

The formation of ice-VII doesn’t require freezing temperatures — as long as the pressure is high enough, ice-VII can form at room temperature. When Tschauner’s team exposed diamonds to x-ray scans, they detected the distinctive crystal structure of ice-VII. This discovery indicates that some diamonds form under such high pressure that water trapped inside can become super-rare ice-VII. It might have started as water, but in a cooler environment it spontaneously formed ice-VII.

Scientists believe that ice-VII might be present deep in the ice sheets on moons like Enceladus and Europa, or as part of the ocean floor under Titan’s hydrocarbon seas. Having naturally occurring samples of ice-VII on Earth for study could help us understand the environments on those moons.

ExtremeTech.com - Scientists Find Ultra-Rare Ice-VII on Earth for the First Time Inside Diamonds.

Another find inside of a diamond! They were looking for CO2 but instead found water. They did the x-ray diffraction and realized they had found Ice-VII encased in diamond.

I wonder if Vonnegut's Ice-9 could really happen?!?!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join