It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so what is an inclusion rider?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

Simply put: It's a stipulation that actors and actresses can ask (or demand) to have inserted into their contracts, which would require a certain level of diversity among a film's cast and crew. For instance, an A-list actor negotiating to join a film could use the inclusion rider to insist that "tertiary speaking characters should match the gender distribution of the setting for the film, as long as it's sensible for the plot," Stacy L. Smith explained in a 2014 column that introduced the idea in The Hollywood Reporter.

pretty interesting. ive never heard of this before.

im gonna go in ramble mode now cause im about to leave and really dont even know how i want to say what i am thinking.

the world is so confusing to me.
i like to stand in the background and observe. either i am too cynical or the world is just #ed up.

im not saying this is good or bad. what i take away from it is they are trying to force this diversity.

if its forced then its not really genuine now is it? so what is so #ing great about it if it happens that way?

ive said it tons of times on here. i feel so bad for the kids entering into this world where they have to negotiate this bull#. they are told and taught one thing but in real life it is not that way.
exmaple:

last night my daughter had her spring concert. all the songs were about how 'we are all one'

one voice. one world. we are all the same. blah blah blah 9 songs all that.

this is what they are teaching them. we are all one. i so wish that were true. i wish we were all just looked at as people of earth.

so they teach them this we are all one bull# but its not true.

we are all one but you are from this country so you cant come here. you are this color so you cant participate in this thing or qualify for that scholarship.

if a white girl braids her hair it is cultural appropriation.

here is an example

www.allure.com...

kim kardashian took a lot of # for her 'bo derek' braids. people started ripping her because the braids are really from some fulani west african group.

its a #ing hairstyle you know

kardashian was born 1 year after the movie 10 came out. that poster of bo derek with the braid hung on the walls of young boys and girls for years.
but she catches # cause its a west african thing.

scroll down

www.thisisinsider.com...-mowry-wore-makeup-to-lighten-her-skin-and-look-like-a-geisha-11

tina mowry caught # for dressing like a geisha on halloween. you know the time to dress up and have fun and just be.
nope
cultural appropriation.

i know this OP is all over the place. i am all over the place.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
its such a big deal in hollywood. Catherine Zeta just got slammed cause she is playing come columbian drug lord.

lets get some forced diversity in the NBA

en.wikipedia.org...

More recently, a number of commentators have remarked on the league's dwindling number of white American players. While a TIDES study found that the NBA was 18.3% white in the 2015–16 season, this number also included non-Americans, most notably Europeans. During the entire 1996–97 season, only three NBA teams did not field an American-born white; on the opening day of the 2016–17 season, eight teams did not have a white American on their roster, and an additional 10 teams had only one. At the latter point in time, fewer than 10% of NBA players were American-born whites (43 out of a possible 450)

gonna have to inclusion rider the # out of these teams so we can get an equal number of white, chinese, etc etc in the starting lineup.

its all so stupid

off to work

see ya

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Another case where skin color/ethnicity needs to be overlooked.
If you are white and are not an NBA player it should ve because you suck at playing basketball, not because you are white.
If you are black and are not an NHL player, it should be because you suck at playing hockey.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Was watching a video yesterday about all the furor over the new game Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Certain people are up in arms over the fact that there are no poc in the game. The fact is that the game is a historically accurate representation of a very small area of Bohemia during the 15th century and there were no poc. Regardless, the developer is being labeled as a "racist/white supremacist" etc. to the point that a certain game forum is banning any member who dares to defend him or even praise his work......sad times..

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Sometimes you have to force things to move in the right direction. The Civil Rights Act, the Supreme Court decisions regarding issues like abortion, gay marriage, interracial marriage, etc. If you just leave it alone, it “might” change over time, but it takes a reeeaaalllly long time, and in the meantime, people suffer. Did it piss Southerners off that they were forced to include blacks in their white-only restaurants, stores, hotels, public restrooms, etc.? Sure it did, but they got over it. Now, no one really thinks about it.

Did you know that in the very beginning of moving pictures, women were the primary directors and script writers? That’s because moving pictures were considered an unimportant fad that would soon pass. Men weren’t interested in being involved with it, so it was something those silly women could do to pass the time when they were bored. It wasn’t until everyone realized that films/movies were actually here to stay and were big business with big money that men sat up and became interested. Then the production companies started pushing women out and placing men in charge. It became the situation that very seldom, (or pretty much never) would a woman get funding to direct a movie. It has stayed that way for many, many years.

Things are starting to change in Hollywood, but slowly.

I don’t know much about sports, so I can’t comment too much on it, but I do know there was a time when white guys dominated sports, and blacks weren’t allowed to play with the big boys - they had to have their own leagues - which got very little funding. I know that changed a long time ago, but I imagine it was probably forced in the beginning.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Not to many inclusion riders in the old Westerns...all them Indians.....Just white actors dressed as Indians. For the record...Charles Bronson did not make a realistic Indian.
edit on 8-3-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Id appreciate it if i were an actor. After how ridiculous black, red, and yellow faced actors looks, i would prefer to act in movies that are actually immersive.

It seems silly....but consider the past in context of imdividual reputation and legacy. Id be ashamed today to have been in a western movie with redface actors.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And let's not forget Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's. That movie is almost unwatchable because of him.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Can you check your messages furry man

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Got nothing....semd again

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

you said everything i was coming here to say, and put it so well.

as for me on a personal level, then, i enjoy watching movies with more diversity of gender, race, orientation, and types of people. and i think it's a good thing for society all in all, for people who don't get a diverse experience in their own culture to see some different experiences in their entertainment, so they can get their heads around it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Thanks fiver!

Yeah, I can’t understand why someone wouldn’t want to see different types of people in movies. So much more interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I saw Behind Enemy Lines in 2001, and Red Dragon in 2002.
I have not been to the theatre since then.
My own little boycott against the garbage bollywood puts out.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It’s all coercion, friend, the last ditch effort of the feeble to satiate their lust for power.

(post by Kislly removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join