It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher's New Rules : No more Fake news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I am not a big fan of Bill Maher, I liked him more on "politically incorrect" than now. Now I see him as being communist leaning and he is not a Libertarian anymore. He is right on this one IMO and occasionally we can pretty much all agree to like some of his ideas and then not like some of them.

www.washingtontimes.com...

“No wonder fake news resonates so much with Trump fans — because so much of it is fake,” he said. [It’s] just nonsense meant to keep you perpetually offended with an endless stream of controversies that aren’t controversial, and outrages that aren’t outrageous — because places like the Huffington Post and Buzzfeed and Salon — they make their money by how many clicks they get. Yes, the people who see themselves as morally superior are are actually ignoring their sacred job of informing citizens of what’s important, and instead sowing division for their own selfish ends. Hey, wait, isn’t that what Russia was doing to us? Yeah, it is. And we have to stop both of them from using us as the cocks in their cock fights.”

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
He aint wrong.

Ill say it again...beating that drum.....Smith Mundt.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Surprised he called out Huffington Post given his relationship with Arriana Huffington. Used to like him too, but he lets his left leaning panelists spout more fake news than any of those publications. Perhaps if he would go back to basic conversational interactions and call out all sides when lying he might become relevant again...probably not. I think most clear thinking folks really don’t turn to comedians for their political news.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Funny guy.
When it comes to late night political comedy, I put him way out in front of any network late show host.
I rarely agree 100% with what he says, although in this case, I do.

The thing that I like about him, is even when I don't agree with him at all, I can still respect his opinion, because it seems he gets to his conclusions in a rational way and can almost always back his opinion up.
Another thing I like, is that he knows when a joke is ridiculous. You can see it on his face when he reads a joke off a card that is a cheap shot, or based on a fallacy.

The clip of Ben Affleck on his show is too funny.
THATS RACIST!!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I used to watch Bill all the time. He is still funny, but he is not nearly as perceptive or smart as he thinks he is. This Maher version of "what Russia is doing to us" demonstrates that again. Bill pretty much buys into all the fake news served to us.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I am not a big fan of Bill Maher, I liked him more on "politically incorrect" than now. Now I see him as being communist leaning and he is not a Libertarian anymore.

In other Fake 'News', the US continues to save the world from itself, builds impossibly high debt ever higher, constructing ever more expensive miracle weapons to guarantee its world "Interests'.

Stay tuned after the break, we will talk out both sides of our mouth.
edit on 7-3-2018 by intrptr because: change

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Imo, Funniest Bill Maher ever was Religulous (Wiki)
edit on 7-3-2018 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, I enjoyed that.
He was kind of a jerk in parts of it though

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Seers and Mediums thought Houdini was a jerk whenever he exposed them as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Surprised he called out Huffington Post given his relationship with Arriana Huffington. Used to like him too, but he lets his left leaning panelists spout more fake news than any of those publications. Perhaps if he would go back to basic conversational interactions and call out all sides when lying he might become relevant again...probably not. I think most clear thinking folks really don’t turn to comedians for their political news.

I too was surprised at him on this. That is why I didn't do more than get this quote out there. I didn't want it to be partisan and he could have added Fox news to make it right down the middle. They all fake us out from time to time. Right now the Left leaning media ARE the worst. I can recall calling Fox the fake conservative news when Bush Jr was in charge.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh, I remember the good old days when the media used to be flooded with fake news about Bill Clinton. Which is to say this latest flurry of nonsense is nothing new. Morally superior outrage sells papers (gets clicks).

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

"Now I see him as being communist leaning"

If you think, Bill Maher is "communist leaning" you have no idea what Communism is

Bill Maher is pure trash

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

"Now I see him as being communist leaning"

If you think, Bill Maher is "communist leaning" you have no idea what Communism is

Bill Maher is pure trash

Bill is that YOU?!?!?
That is a deflection from what this thread is about IMO. I see it is you who doesn't understand. YOU not me. I totally understand the what and why of the Communist and that Manifesto. Maher is a Commie leaning leftist now. He has pushed for things that are pro Communist.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
He seems have a terrible personality.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I am not a big fan of Bill Maher, I liked him more on "politically incorrect" than now. Now I see him as being communist leaning and he is not a Libertarian anymore.

In other Fake 'News', the US continues to save the world from itself, builds impossibly high debt ever higher, constructing ever more expensive miracle weapons to guarantee its world "Interests'.

I realize that I'm evil but I'm finding rather entertaining winding up the Trump supporters, I know their soft targets but still, my happiness is far more important.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I realize that I'm evil but I'm finding rather entertaining winding up the Trump supporters, I know their soft targets but still, my happiness is far more important.

Just observing as a neutral.

I am glad you feel that way I have enjoyed how they have chewed up the leftist with head exploding facts that prove the lefties CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH, apparently.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry you got triggered by the term fake news.

Trump did not invent the term fake news, it was around long before he was. I detest all politicians , the system and gubment. You should know that by now.

top topics

join