It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration goes on offense, sues California over sanctuary laws

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: carewemust

It was the Mayor of Jokeland CA

😨

Thanks! Ms. Libby Schaaf is the criminal mayor. AG Jeff Sessions is flying out to California tomorrow to personally lock her up!

Go get her Jeff! : sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: xuenchen

I think this is a very reasonable move by the Trump Administration. I probably would have gone with rolling the tanks into downtown Sacramento.

Would you like to see tanks rolling down the street in your home town?

Are you kidding? That would be frakkin' AWESOME!!!

In the context it was written those tanks would be there for population control or some sort of martial law, you really think that would be awesome?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
California is crumbling. Worst in the nation and running Pell Mell into self made destruction. No recovery will come, it's too far into oblivion. 7th biggest economy ?..... used to be 5th. Likely to become double digit before the decade's done. Drought, homeless, infrastructure collapsing, unions and pensions in collapse, cities bankrupt, insolvent. Too bad, it used to be a beautiful place in the 50's and 60's. Now it's blight.... expensive, but still decaying blight. Lived there my whole life until 2006 when I left. I will never return. Their defiance will only distance them from any monetary federal relief. Trump ought to let the DOJ loose in force and prosecute, starting with Jerry Brown.
edit on 7-3-2018 by Plotus because: just deserts

edit on 7-3-2018 by Plotus because: Fruit loops have no fruit in them.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Don't count it out yet. Moonbeam isn't running for re-election.
And that 7th- is global, not national.

edit on 7-3-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: freak windstorm that typed words on the keyboard, not an edit for a second line

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
And as I say, it's not going to get better.

www.bizjournals.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

With 11,000,000 illegals plundering the resources and economy, social services and medical institutions.... I would not look for recovery. the damage is done.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

With 11,000,000 illegals plundering the resources and economy, social services and medical institutions.... I would not look for recovery. the damage is done.

Than you are a pessimist, or I am an optimist. Do you live in the state, or are you attaching your worldview to something you do not have knowledge of?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Born there, raised there, and know intimately what I am saying. In 06 left for the East Coast. NC.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
'spose, I'd ask you the same, are you from there ?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
God? If there is a God...

Please just please make California implode into unrecognition..the reasons should be obvious.

You know I don't ask for much..

/obligatorycaliforniahatepost

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus Facinating that you seem to so have better knowledge of the amount of undocumented illegals in a state. I guess looking this up would upset you to figure out that as of 2015 that number is only a fraction of what you claim. Another thing to think about is how do we document a undocumented individual? Please don’t spread false info and do your own research instead of believing some thing you read on a website that suites your political ideology. This is how one learns things and becomes discerns fabricated from fact. Would be wise of you.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Plotus Facinating that you seem to so have better knowledge of the amount of undocumented illegals in a state. I guess looking this up would upset you to figure out that as of 2015 that number is only a fraction of what you claim. Another thing to think about is how do we document a undocumented individual? Please don’t spread false info and do your own research instead of believing some thing you read on a website that suites your political ideology. This is how one learns things and becomes discerns fabricated from fact. Would be wise of you.

Irrelevant. It's still a sh*thole.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus
No you have no idea what you are saying. Every bit of what you said is false and just a opinion. Looking at numbers or doing a small amount of “math” anyone could easily figure that that number Not true. Also California is doing just fine financially and sad to say would be just fine on their own. If anything a country made up of only California would be very well off. The same can be said for Texas or Maine.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp BWAHAHAHHA How is that irrelevent? That is fact and to call fact irrelevent only shows ones ignorance. I now know all I need to know about you.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Liberals are about to get a really harsh lesson in constitutional law, specifically the Supremacy Clause.

When they inevitably lose, they will then 'refuse to comply'. When they refuse to comply, politicians at city, county, and state level will start going to jail.

edit on 7 3 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Having read the article and the posts the following can be stated:

In the article, the DOJ is going to sue the state of California for being a sanctuary state, modeling the lawsuit after a prior one against the state of Arizona. That many think that the sanctuary state is wrong and that the federal government is correct in enforcing the law.

There are several problems here that people are not taking into consideration and it should be. The lawsuit against the state of Arizona, was done as Arizona sought to stop all public services to those illegal immigrants, from a law that would have prevented them from gaining any sort of assistance, schooling for their children and even medical services.

While many would see this as a just cause, however, there is a percentage that would be showing hypocrisy on their part, as they would cry out that the federal government needs not to over reach and stay out of states business. They can not have it both ways, to demand that the federal government should constrain themselves on issues that they favor, yet demand its full enforcement on issues that they do not like.

And the entire point on the lawsuit is a gamble that may backfire on the part of the Trump administration, in more than one way. The argument could be made that the Federal government has been neglectful in its duties to the country and the immigration issue. The state cannot deny illegal immigrants any services, as per the Arizona lawsuit, nor in the interest of public safety, follow through with the Trump administration’s goals and wants, due the fear and unjust burden on either the state or the individual in either. In short it is a legal challenge that cannot be met by the state, nor handled at the federal level. And it would bring up a point on what does a state or say a territory do, if the federal government is not meeting its obligations?

This has been going on for a while, where if the state tries to enforce the laws they get slapped with a lawsuit, and told no, they cannot do such. And if they do what California did, the exact opposite, it causes some to feel it is wrong.

When this starts, do not be surprised if certain industries initially take a hit, like the agriculture, construction, and the tourism industries take a bit of a hit, though I think that the one most will be most affected by would be the agriculture industry. Many migrant workers are illegal immigrants, going from farm to farm, harvesting the very food we eat, paid at a lower rate and we the people enjoy that fully.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Sorry, I brain farted that one...

The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has estimated that 11.4 million illegal immigrants lived in the United States in January 2012. According to DHS estimates, the number of illegal immigrants peaked around 12 million in 2007 and has gradually declined to closer to 11 million..

Never the less, I stand by what I said here..

"California is crumbling. Worst in the nation and running Pell Mell into self made destruction. No recovery will come, it's too far into oblivion. 7th biggest economy ?..... used to be 5th. Likely to become double digit before the decade's done. Drought, homeless, infrastructure collapsing, unions and pensions in collapse, cities bankrupt, insolvent. Too bad, it used to be a beautiful place in the 50's and 60's. Now it's blight.... expensive, but still decaying blight. Lived there my whole life until 2006 when I left. I will never return. Their defiance will only distance them from any monetary federal relief. Trump ought to let the DOJ loose in force and prosecute, starting with Jerry Brown."

There is no denying this statement.
Nor the number of businesses leaving California every day.
edit on 7-3-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Considering the California AG lost his lawsuit against the DOJ regarding grants as well as the Supreme Court ruling illegal immigrants can be detained with no bail possible and finally the latest ruling that Trump has the authority to end DACA I think the DOJ has a good case.

I see more and more blue states developing the entitlements mentality in that they think the Federal government should give them money (grants etc) with the impression its theirs to do with as they please and that there should be no strings attached to the funds in question.

They have 2 choices -
#1 - Comply with the grant requirements to get the funds.
or
#2 - Dont apply for grants if you dont like the requirements.

Considering California pisses away so much money on illegals I can see the need for grants and what not. However given their status as a sanctuary state they have brought the problem on themselves.

The rest of the country should not have to pay for California when California decides illegals are a priority over its own citizens.
edit on 7-3-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hell with suing them.....let's blast them free at the fault line and set them adrift into the Pacific....sounds like a plan.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join