It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is God, Why. . . ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

all the question answers are found in scriptures and there for are based on Biblical FACT not faith or what you seem to think is gnoses/gnosis.

Faith is not gnoses/gnosis. things that differ are not equal.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

That is the problem, with so called Revealed religions, no one thinks. You are illustrating this here.

Faith is indeed gnoses. Faith is spiritual. Faith is not something you can quantify. Its the point. The phrase "you have to take it on faith" implies it can not be proven, thus you have to "trust it". It comes from the Proto Indo-European root *gno- viz "to know". You know something. You can't prove it. Viz a vis faith.

Something you can prove is an eídein, to see. Via the PIE root *weyd- "to see". It is something you can prove.

Once again. your management of language is not your strong point. My faith makes me study etymology. Yours makes you study a single source, and assume it is the be all and end all of knowledge (intellectual and spiritual). Revealed faiths are lazy.

edit on 13-3-2018 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Spell check not your friend neighbour?

You have no idea where I work
Let me help you. I work for a CRO which is part of a CRI. You are not getting any more help, but go on try and track me down

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Agartha

Read the Preserved words of God in English as fond in the AV five times through with understanding and desiring truth, then the answer to those questions should become fairly clear. All was actually answered in the OP.

Nope, the answers are not there (sorry for the late reply but the forum never send me a notification).

Funny how you and Raggedyman are avoiding my question....

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: Agartha and Raggedyman And actually no, not all the answers are there. Perhaps you could also tell me: is your God omnipotent? is your God benevolent?

I am sorry you claimed I do not answer you questions and all that I will share in answering your question if you understand the word of God at all, it is already answered in the OP, by the very thing he did to fix the problem he let happen to man and he did not violate his holiness once in doing so. That truly is a Omnipotent and Benevolent God.

So here we go the answers to your questions straight from the preserved word of God as found int he AKJV.

Is God omnipotent well let's see what the scriptures say. I now you may not believe them but they are important to me.

Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Well is looks as though the Scriptures say he is. But wait a minute this is Jesus Christ the "Word" in Revelation 19 see also John 1:1-2 and 1 John 5:7, this is an amazing example of first uses see www.abovetopsecret.com... John 1:172714 is a person who is also mentioned in 1 John 1:1 and 5:7 as a person and one with God a third time time, then we see it finally as a title for the person who kills the UN troops massed against Jerusalem in Rev 19:13 but let's look at the context just to be sure

Re 19:11 ¶ And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
It is Jesus Christ no one else had that title but him according to scriptures.

Now is God benevolent? The word benevolent is not in the Bible so we must got to the Webster 1828 dictionary

BENEV'OLENT, a. L. benevolens, of bene and volo.

Having a disposition to do good; possessing love to mankind, and a desire to promote their prosperity and happiness; kind.
Does God possess these qualities of kindness and love? I believe so

Ps 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
11 ¶ Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
Ps 117:2 For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
Isa 54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.
Jon 4:2 And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1Jo 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
Well it seems he is kind and loving to men and is said to be love so yes God is Benevolent for the scriptures declare it is English that even an 8 year old could understand.

edit on 25-3-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

So, in fewer words, you say your God is omnipotent and benevolent.

Those words contradict themselves: God cannot be omnipotent and benevolent at the same time, whilst allowing 'evil' to happen to the most vulnerable and innocent creatures on this planet.

He allows children to be abused and allows bacteria and viruses to cause pain and suffering. How can he be omnipotent and benevolent and yet allow that?

You may say children are abused due to adults free will, but are you also going to tell me God allows virus and bacteria's free will to hurt his ultimate creation? (us).

Perhaps you are going to blame pathogens on Eve's original sin?

So what is it? Is God omnipotent and allows evil because free will is more important thus he is not benevolent, or he is benevolent and does not know what's going on?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Not my words, as they are few but the words of God as found in the AKJV Bible.

you are totally confused, there is no contradiction between the two terms you asked about. And definitely you are not a Believer in Jesus Christ. So it is useless, unless you are born of the Spirit you cannot understand God's words unless they are for you salvation first.

Read Romans 1:18-32 and see that those who rape and kill are given over to it because of their not keeping God in their hearts, and knowledge. Having a little trouble with sixth grade English are we.

As far as disease came from the corruption of the earth under Adams wilful sin, then the whole creation was cursed but the creation waits for th eday when the saints of God are perfected. Most diseases and pathogens come from the ground

Ge 3:17 ¶ And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
It is already answered in the OP, Jesus fixed it all. But just because he tairries and you don't see it yet, you will from your long home after you leave this life Ecc12:5.. Where will your long home be?
edit on 27-3-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

you are totally confused, there is no contradiction between the two terms you asked about. And definitely you are not a Believer in Jesus Christ. So it is useless, unless you are born of the Spirit you cannot understand God's words unless they are for you salvation first.

LOL the typical illogical response you get from religious people when you question something they take for granted due to their faith, the 'you cannot understand' that immediately finds anything you say to them unacceptable.

Having a little trouble with sixth grade English are we.

Again, petty personal attacks, so Christian and Jesus like, eh? Derailing the conversation and slander is something typical of hypocritical religious people.

As far as disease came from the corruption of the earth under Adams wilful sin

Ah, I said you were going to blame it on Eve but you blamed Adam. How did I know that? Perhaps because I have studied the Bible intensely when I was in my twenties and had this discussions before.

Jesus fixed it all. But just because he tairries and you don't see it yet?

If we are to believe Jesus existed and that the Bible is the word of God, then he is 2000 years late. And no, nothing has been fixed, children are still being abused and dying and Jesus seems more busy appearing on toasts than actually protecting the innocent.

Your God values evil's free will more than he values the happiness or safety of those who are good. That's not a benevolent deity.

If God gave man free will, how can everything be part of the plan?
And if everything is part of the plan, how can we have free will?

Try to explain this with your own words, not with quotes from the Bible. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Talk about the kettle calling the pot black, however the obvious observation are you aren't reading with understanding or you are doing so with painted lenses i.e. preconceived ideas, something I can't help you with.

I answered correctly to your reply which was off mark because you don't understand God's words in Plain English.

Never blamed Eve I am pretty sure I blamed Adam and showed you were. The women was in transgression because she was deceived by the serpent, Adam willfully and knowingly sinned. Seems you don't understand what personal accountability is. Each person was held accountable for their own sin in Genesis 3. If you think otherwise you are reading it with colored glasses. Adam may have blamed Eve but I didn't.

OH my not a patient fellow are you, I want to see god's perfection NOW or I will throw a fit. Just because it hasn't happned in your life time doesn't mean it isn't remedied. Be patient you will see.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Talk about the kettle calling the pot black

I was not the one who threw the first stone. I was polite and didn't go after the player, only the ball, until you resorted to personal attacks, on my intelligence and language comprehension.

I answered correctly to your reply which was off mark because you don't understand God's words in Plain English.

No, you didn't, but please reply to my last question to you:
If God gave man free will, how can everything be part of the plan?
And if everything is part of the plan, how can we have free will?

When a pervert abuses a child, is that part of God's plan, is it God's ignoring the child suffering or is it God not knowing what's going on. Which is it?

Seems you don't understand what personal accountability is. Each person was held accountable for their own sin in Genesis 3.

Ok, then you tell me what sin has an abused baby committed please.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ok, then you tell me what sin has an abused baby committed please.

Your efforts to confound truth in scrpture and faith in a Creators ability to communicate a message to
mankind. Mocking the one and only Holy Father God Almighty with poorly contrived obtuse and pathetic nonsensical questions such as the above? Are a testimony to only one thing. Your determination to exalt your own explanation for this existence. Despite the fact that it I gaurantee is far more worthy
Of such mockery and ridiculous scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Out of curiosity, how unbiased are you over this?

As a polytheist, I always get ammused with people talking about "true scripture" (its all the words of man) and "one and only XYZ". In the end its all UPG (Unverifiable Personal (perhaps Shared) Gnosis). in that, you can't prove it. You can only feel it.

So if you can't take a bit of mockery, you are in the wrong game.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Mocking the one and only Holy Father God Almighty

First of all, as Noinden has pointed out, 4000 other Gods may disagree with your 'one and only' belief.

Also, since when asking questions is mocking? Why don't you answer it then? Why don't you explain what sins have babies committed? Please, do go ahead and answer or explain.

with poorly contrived obtuse and pathetic nonsensical questions such as the above?

Nonsensical only to those who have no answer for it.... waiting for someone of faith to tell me the answer. But I guess nobody can, because we all know babies are the most innocent of creatures without sin, that don't deserve to be abused. And if God allows them to be abused and suffer, that says a lot more about him and his followers, not me.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I can't take the mockery? What does that have to do with the topic? My comment is purely an observation not a complaint. But I absolutely think it's childish to
ridicule what others have thier reasons to believe.
The proof is so obvious it's easily denied. You and I are certainly evidence that something of great importance is on the line here. And you think it's a game?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I'm sorry I refuse to answer a question that you
should be embarrassed for even asking in the
first place. It's just ignorant.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I'm sorry I refuse to answer a question that you
should be embarrassed for even asking in the
first place. It's just ignorant.

LOL exactly what I expected, same answer I get from religious people all the time. When they know their deity image is crumbling, they immediately resort to personal attacks and shut out other people's opinions. And they refuse to have a mature conversation.

Only a cruel or sadistic God would allow a baby to be abused. Or a non existent one made up by human's fantasies.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Not entirely what you expected. Let Ravi show you
the ignorance so obvious to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Randy, if you had read my previous posts you'd have seen I have mentioned free will. So, based on the video you posted let me ask you this:

God gives men free will to learn to love. I'm fine with that. A man is abusing a baby/child (something that unfortunately happens all the time every day in this world). God won't stop the man because he has free will and so that he will eventually learn from his errors and learn to love. But in order to respect his free will, he destroys an innocent creature, who has done nothing wrong.

Why is God giving more importance to the free will of the man and not the baby? The baby has no sin, no faults. Why does God allow a baby to be tortured so that a pervert can learn his ways are wrong? Why doesn't God love that baby as much as he loves the man who is a sinner? Why allow a baby to be born just to be hurt and tortured and either maimed for life or killed? That's vicious, sadistic and cruel.

Awaiting for your answer (yours, not another youtube video).

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Not my words, as they are few but the words of God as found in the AKJV Bible.

Sigh. You are tasked to answer that questions rationally. Yet you dodge behind the AKJV bible?

This is what AKJV said:

Colossians 4:5-6 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.

6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

What happen to you ChesterJohn? Frustrated already? God has not inspire you with reasonable answer yet?

Perhaps you should look deep within yourself what error you have done. Take a break and give yourself a peaceful mind. Then come back when you are ready.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What about the creation and plans of Gods earlier creations and failures...Satan. Said to be one of the highest of his creations before the creation of man, only to have folded to some flaw of his make, pride. Now if God is omniscient, of his plan, wouldnt have God tried to prevent it?

How did a lowly garden snake get past all those defences at Fort Eden?

If one want to create something, sometimes one would have to destroy.

Maybe God has plan for Satan after all, instead of just being made an example of.
edit on 28-3-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join