It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexa, Siri, google home - Controllers dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Now if i wanted control of information what would i do?

Hmm, I know, i'll get everybody to ask me everything.

But how on earth can i get everybody to come to me for all their information/ questions.....

Maybe if somehow i could get everybody to accept 'something' in their home or phone that would just tell them' my answer' to whatever the question was...

Nah people would be out on the streets with their pitchforks if I tried that..."nobody tells me what to think"

So somehow I have to make them want it but how?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't have one nor will I get one. Do you have one?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Losing battle.

Only upside will be that I will have aged out of the nonsense before this becomes completely commonplace.

Just wait for when these devices infiltrate the workplace experience. What you choose to do at home will not matter.
edit on 6-3-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

A CIA/Deep State wet dream...

Though in all fairness, smart phones are compromised as it is. They record, track and monitor you in many ways.

Unless something changes - this will get worse. Wait til they're inside your head!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

Wait til they're inside your head!

Indeed. This has been a staple of many SF novels now for decades. Once the meat-silicon, meat-whatever- problem is solved, a simple injection would be able to hook our brains to vast data bases. The real problem here is simple. How establishes the data bases and who controls their content.

The history of the internet is simple. It was ready to go way before it took off. It was held up so that the economy could be turned over to it and it could be exploited by advertisers and such.

I think that once the meat interface is solved it will only be a short time until it IS in our heads. The romantic notion is that we will just think a question and automatically be privy to that ''cloud'' and have our answers. More likely there will be an avenue built in to monitor those queries and a monetary charge will be levied for each use.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

No, TV is on and happened to see an advert for one of them and it just struck me that within a decade or so at most most people will get there information this way from a handful of sources.
At least with a browser you can check sources although as proved constantly most people don't.

To be fair you could probably check sources though them too but not sure if i could trust that

and to loam: thanks be some of us still work outside on our own although too many clients have cctv these days

and fluff: it's the next step for sure

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
I don't have one nor will I get one. Do you have one?

Alexa is my BFF
She wakes me up in the mornings, gives me the weather, turns on my light, we play Yes Sire together at night as I am about to go to bed (51 turns suckers!).
She helps me with spelling, or will give me the time when I ask, will give me a defintion of a word I can't be bothered to look up, etc.

Its a great helpful tool.

Now, if I was super nefarious and wanted to control information, I would just convince people to use the internet.

....gonna assume everyone here has used the internet (at least once)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I like the mr Jones version better...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Now if i wanted control of information what would i do?

Hmm, I know, i'll get everybody to ask me everything.

But how on earth can i get everybody to come to me for all their information/ questions.....

Maybe if somehow i could get everybody to accept 'something' in their home or phone that would just tell them' my answer' to whatever the question was...

Nah people would be out on the streets with their pitchforks if I tried that..."nobody tells me what to think"

So somehow I have to make them want it but how?

Sorry, it's just too drastic a change for me. I put the brakes on even for a smart phone and now it seems A.I. is just looming around the corner waiting for us to beg for a chip implant. Strangely enough , I'd rather we get hit by an EMP or cme and revert back to simpler times where we weren't hypnotized by technology.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The mistake is choosing the cheap general AI. Eventually we will have personal, customizable AIs. Using a keyboard is so yesterday.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM I'd rather we get hit by an EMP or cme and revert back to simpler times where we weren't hypnotized by technology.

He says on the internet...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The mistake is choosing the cheap general AI. Eventually we will have personal, customizable AIs. Using a keyboard is so yesterday.

The dream.

Everyone has a butler. It won't replace the girl/boyfriend, but it may replace the dog.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This tech scares me somewhat and i can't stand the new tech. Throw it in a trash hole.

but then i felt srry for alexa

poor alexa

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The idea of TCP/IP was quite simple - allow any two systems to send blocks of data to each other, either asychronously using Datagrams or synchronously using a couple of data streams and perform dynamic routing to achieve that. That was all. Add command line functions like Gopher, FTP, Telnet, SSH, POP3, SMTP plus web-browsers with cookies, history, and favourite webpages, and it was all ready.

In those years following, Microsoft realized that web server companies weren't going to give up UNIX standards simply to implement Windows compatibility, so they were forced to bundle the TCP/IP stack with windows 95/NT, much to the horror of computer security people. Suddenly, every home programmer could start writing networked applications. Cue the threat of viruses, worms, botnets and trojans, to the point that 250 Mbytes of disk space is used to store virus definition files and we need spam filters. They saw that web browsers would replace the desktop and so tried to kill off Netscape, but Chrome, Opera and Firefox moved in to take their place. Desktop replaced workstations, then laptops replaced desktops, netbooks and smartphones replaced laptops.

The question is what is next. There have been experiments with augmented reality and eyeglasses, 3D TV's and monitors, VR headsets, even holographic displays. Maybe they will start with implants for the repair of visual defects in human vision, then move to implants for visual input/selection/AR, then audio and speech/thought recognition through the vocal nerves.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

The dream. Everyone has a butler. It won't replace the girl/boyfriend, but it may replace the dog.

More like a personal librarian. A butler's tasks are more physical.

originally posted by: stormcell

The question is what is next. There have been experiments with augmented reality and eyeglasses, 3D TV's and monitors, VR headsets, even holographic displays. Maybe they will start with implants for the repair of visual defects in human vision, then move to implants for visual input/selection/AR, then audio and speech/thought recognition through the vocal nerves.

Now you're talking! That puts "personal network" in a whole new light.

edit on 3/6/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I have a wife and a teen-aged son.

Between the two?

They know everything.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But will they do your bidding?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

But will they do your bidding?

No. But I do theirs.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
can you imagine alex locked in a room with one of those dolls that has built in siri???

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM I'd rather we get hit by an EMP or cme and revert back to simpler times where we weren't hypnotized by technology.

He says on the internet...

Just using the tools available at this moment......will there be a point where you just say no ?
edit on 6-3-2018 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2018 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2018 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: changed the text

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join