It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new rule? why have a person give up two thirds of their script?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Those sound like the new rules at CVS.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
so my wife just went to pick up my prescription.
hydrocodone. 10/325 x 60

same as the past few years. same doc. same everything

so they tell my wife they need me to get a prior authorization from my doctor or they can give us a COURTESY 7 day supply but then i would surrender the other 21 days.

what is the point of that?

prior authorizations are a drag. sometimes it takes the doc a couple days. just feels like another way they can # with you. whatever. i will play ball and get it for them.

super awesome the 7 day courtesy while you try to get your prior authorization figured out.

what is with the 21 days remainder being surrendered?

makes no sense. i can not think of a good reason

why is going to surrender the remainder of their meds and how can they even ask people to do this?

i may be stretching but when does the ethics and such come into play. or just staying within your job?
if a doctor gives a person x amount of days worth of meds than how can a pharmacist even make a suggestion that they give so much of it up??

thanks all

I have the same exact 10/325 x 60 myself. If the store is short... They can give you what they have... But you lose the balance.

Also... If issue with insurance of any kind... And you want to just pay for the whole thing cash? The won't let you...
edit on 5-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Maybe the pharmacist is trying to scam you out of the pills so they can keep them for themselves?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It’s an opiate and they’re being cut back, started jan 1 2018, hydrocodone is on the list.
New rules on how they’ll be prescribed.

www.federalregister.gov... d-assessment
edit on 6-3-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you are aware of the opioid epidemic that is going on, but hydrocodone is part and parcel to the existence of the problem to begin with. Doctors and pharmacist are now under a microscope of the DEA and are being very careful to not get their licenses yanked. They are far more concerned with staying in business than making sure you are not inconvenienced.

Be careful with those, I have a feeling you are already aware of how addictive they are.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It's all schedule narcotics.. Even Valium.. Adderall etc... They are also maintaining databases so one doesn't go store to store or doc to doctor.

Go to a different store? And that store will know you've been to others.

And not just pain meds. Read up on Schedule drugs.

MS
EMT/ERT
edit on 6-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
*double post removed by member
edit on 6-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I had to get a 7 day supply after a tooth extraction. Was told that only one script for narcotics would be filled evey 30 days- and was I sure in didn’t need more? Because their hands are tied once I get the 7 days filled.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I had to get a 7 day supply after a tooth extraction. Was told that only one script for narcotics would be filled evey 30 days- and was I sure in didn’t need more? Because their hands are tied once I get the 7 days filled.

New U. S. laws.. Can only get a 1 month script, 2nd month.. Must go pick up papers script from Dr., 3rd month you must make appt with the Dr.

One on, one pick-up, one month supply only, no call in refilling.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
so my wife just went to pick up my prescription.
hydrocodone. 10/325 x 60

same as the past few years. same doc. same everything

so they tell my wife they need me to get a prior authorization from my doctor or they can give us a COURTESY 7 day supply but then i would surrender the other 21 days.

what is the point of that?

prior authorizations are a drag. sometimes it takes the doc a couple days. just feels like another way they can # with you. whatever. i will play ball and get it for them.

super awesome the 7 day courtesy while you try to get your prior authorization figured out.

what is with the 21 days remainder being surrendered?

makes no sense. i can not think of a good reason

why is going to surrender the remainder of their meds and how can they even ask people to do this?

i may be stretching but when does the ethics and such come into play. or just staying within your job?
if a doctor gives a person x amount of days worth of meds than how can a pharmacist even make a suggestion that they give so much of it up??

thanks all

I have much the same problem. The answer is simple, you don't give up those 21 days. The way it works is if the pharmacy is unable to completely fill the script for what ever reason your doctor is supposed to issue a new script for the remaining days, or issue a new script for 30 days from that day.

It has nothing to do with the pharmacy. The problem comes from the DEA. I also take oxycontin, prescribed by my doctor, that I have to get a new script for each month, and call the pharmacy a week in advance so they can order enough to fill it. Reason being is that the pharmacy is now only allowed to order them as needed. On top of that if I plan to go out of town over the refill date I have 2 options. I can call my daughter-in-laws college and ask them to change the graduation date, or show proof to my doctor, the pharmacy, and my insurance company that I will in fact be out of town so I can either get them filled early, or get a dated script to be filled wherever I'm going. I used to be able to get the script and take it to the pharmacy then they would transfer it one there and I would pick it up on the correct day. They can't do that anymore because the script is only good for the day of or day after. At one point my doctor was only allowed to write a script to cover the time I would be out of town. Then when I got back I had to get another 30 day script, and pay the full co-pays both times.

In short the laws that they say are intended to stop the supply on the streets makes it near impossible to get a legal script filled. Or maybe "legal" is not the correct word. Maybe I should say legitimate, meaning scripts that come from a real doctor and not a pill clinic. The kind where the patient tells the doctor what medication they need.

In the end those laws don't do squat except make it harder for those with a REAL need to get their prescribed medication. For me at least the blame falls firmly on those who THINK that they can keep their kids out of trouble with laws.

PEOPLE, LAWS HAVE NEVER, WILL EVEN, NOR WERE THEY INTENDED TO STOP CRIME. Laws are intended to simply say don't do that, and this will happen if you do. Until you do it there's nothing I can do. That's it, that's all they do. Until we invent some new technology that you can point at someone that says arrest him he's about to break this law, we're stuck with dealing with the aftermath of crime. Until then more hoops will be placed in the way of people getting their meds.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Its hard to say exactly what happened here, but I DO suspect there might be some miscommunication on the "surrender" part of things.

Beyond that, I do expect things to get a lot worse for legitimate patients. Of course, little to nothing will change for those who take them illegally.

Where I am, the rule is no "refills" as most know them. It needs to be a new script every time, specifically with a hard copy. No exceptions, no "7 day supply," or anything like that even if the doctor/pharmacy/etc. is at fault.

To boot, plenty of folks feel there are no legitimate patients and some of them work in the medical industry.

Like I said, I fully expect things to get more and more difficult while changing nothing for those who are at the core of the "crisis." It just seems to be how we handle things as a society.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears... when does the ethics and such come into play...

that comes into play when enough lawsuits occur to convince them not to do that anymore....

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Kasich created more red tape for people who need pain meds. So it looks like you need to get your doctor on board?

New Ohio rules limit some opioid prescriptions to 7-day supplies

OMG that is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. It an attack on the street level problem with little to no concern for the people who need these meds. NEED NOT WANT. There is a difference. I should not have to pay for someone else being too lazy to control their kids. If someone robs a bank should we lock up everyone who was there at the time? No of course not, why because you only punish someone who was involved in the crime. Not the people walking on the sidewalk, or driving by in a car. If you run a stop sign should the cops also stop and give me a ticket just in case I might decide to run it also? The improper use of legal medication is the only thing I know of where laws are being passed that punish people for something they MIGHT do because someone else did it.

One day you will get old, injured, or have need for pain meds. Hopefully you won't but odds are you will. When that day comes I hope you can still get them. Hopefully you won't be told "Gee I'm sorry I can't give you anything for the pain so you'll just have to suffer through it"

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

originally posted by: TinySickTears... when does the ethics and such come into play...

that comes into play when enough lawsuits occur to convince them not to do that anymore....

I can’t see a lawsuit working. As much as it sucks for those needing these meds and not abusing them , it’s a necessary evil to stop the addictions. These meds are precisely why they begin.

This is how it’s been where I live in BC
No narcotics are kept on the premises in pharmacies. Need a new prescription to get them. All the pills are counted. Going to another doctor won’t work because it’s all in the database tracking when you filled each prescription. They even get on your case if there’s a prescription you failed to fill, if for example you decided you don’t want them anymore ( I didn’t want to take the statin drugs anymore as I felt my hair was thinning) they said you’ve not filled them in months!

Finally they don’t really let you stay on these drugs for long in the first place, exceptions would be using morphine and dying of cancer.

I take Ativan for anxiety and they only give me 15 pills at a time. I have to try not taking them to make them last. They too are addicting and don’t work if you take more than 4 days in a row, so you end up needing more. At the beginning going to another doctor would get me some more. But now that doesn’t work. Only my doctor can approve the first meds I can take. I can go to other doctors to get more prescriptions. My doctor knows that as well and sent me a letter with “ we’re noticing you’re seeing other doctors .. “
. Well too bad, your office is an inconvenient location. So now my doctor has finally approved a one year supply of gabapentins (non narcotic) but I can only buy three months supply at a time. When I run out, I need it faxed over to the pharmacy.

The drawbacks with all this is the GOVT guidelines clearly suggest you should have an emergency supply put aside should there be a disaster. 36 hrs is no longer suggested in the case of an earthquake, they say now you should be stocked up in everything for two weeks.

Being I live in the ring of fire I must have loads put aside. I also like to keep some in my purse for when im out. So I’ve gradually been stockpiling some. My dad being very old can get way more than me and he gave me some of his.
edit on 6-3-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA
Yes it might be dumb and unfair to punish the ones who aren’t abusing, but it’s the only way to stop future addicts.

My nephew got hooked on Heroin. Very bad, he ended up doing an armed robbery to get more. It all started when he was starting to get into hard drugs to get high and stole OxyContins off a friend visiting his family. The guy had severe back pain and they were in his bag. Teens will steal meds they find in a house. Steal them to take for fun , or steal them to sell.

Last year I broke a few ribs and was put on morphine, but they only let me have morphine in the hospital and oh boy they were so stingy dishing them out. I overheard the one nurse saying “ she can have that broken pill I broke up for the other guy” . They gave me a frickin crumb! I couldn’t get to sleep. I secretly took some Ativan I kept in my purse.they knock me out big time, Thankfully my purse wasn’t seized like my last hospital stay when I broke a hip. At one point I told my daughter I’ll take my Ativan. She threatened to snitch on me! I said “ oh no, I said I wish I had some in my purse cause I’d take one” haha. So I’ve gotten into the habit of keeping pills my purse. Even Tylenol, because if you say you have a headache, they only give you one regular strength. I need 2-4 extra strengths.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
[snipped]

The drawbacks with all this is the GOVT guidelines clearly suggest you should have an emergency supply put aside should there be a disaster. 36 hrs is no longer suggested in the case of an earthquake, they say now you should be stocked up in everything for two weeks.

Being I live in the ring of fire I must have loads put aside. I also like to keep some in my purse for when im out. So I’ve gradually been stockpiling some. My dad being very old can get way more than me and he gave me some of his.

Are you kidding me, lady YOU are part of the problem. "My dad is old and can get more so he gave me some of his". You do know that's illegal right? Do you even care? My bet is you don't. People who NEED and take pain medication can't "stockpile" their meds because they need them for pain management. They don't suffer from some made up crap they told a shrink. They have a medical condition that any doctor can look at and say yep there's a problem. If I were your doctor I would limit the drugs I gave you too. If you can stop taking yours at will or not take them so you can stockpile them then YOU DON'T NEED THEM. If I don't take my pills I don't move. I can't even roll over in bed without feeling like I was shot. I don't take medication to get high, I take it so I can live some kind of a normal life. You have no clue what it means to be pinned to one location because of a crime you have nothing to do with. My wife and I had plans to sell everything, buy an RV and tour the country. We can't now because I have to go to my doctor every month to get a new script, and every other month for an appointment. I can't leave town for more than 2 weeks at a time because of the actions of others.
edit on Tue Mar 13 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yes it might be dumb and unfair to punish the ones who aren’t abusing, but it’s the only way to stop future addicts.

My nephew got hooked on Heroin. Very bad, he ended up doing an armed robbery to get more. It all started when he was starting to get into hard drugs to get high and stole OxyContins off a friend visiting his family. The guy had severe back pain and they were in his bag. Teens will steal meds they find in a house. Steal them to take for fun , or steal them to sell.

Last year I broke a few ribs and was put on morphine, but they only let me have morphine in the hospital and oh boy they were so stingy dishing them out. I overheard the one nurse saying “ she can have that broken pill I broke up for the other guy” . They gave me a frickin crumb! I couldn’t get to sleep. I secretly took some Ativan I kept in my purse.they knock me out big time, Thankfully my purse wasn’t seized like my last hospital stay when I broke a hip. At one point I told my daughter I’ll take my Ativan. She threatened to snitch on me! I said “ oh no, I said I wish I had some in my purse cause I’d take one” haha. So I’ve gotten into the habit of keeping pills my purse. Even Tylenol, because if you say you have a headache, they only give you one regular strength. I need 2-4 extra strengths.

I see so in your opinion I should have to pay for something your nephew did because you think it would not have happened if was harder for me to get my meds. Did it occur to you that it could also have been prevented with his parents doing a better job raising him. Maybe paying closer attention to him to notice that he was doing that. Maybe not letting him do what he wants when he wants with whoever he wants. It's not that hard to keep kids off drugs. I have 3 kids who never even tried drugs, and all 3 are involved in law enforcement in some way. 1 cop, 1 border patrol, and 1 ADA. Making it harder for ligit people to get needed meds will have the exact same effect that banning pot and coc aine had, NONE.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Do you know what happened when States started making pot legal, Mexican cartel's said thank you and increased the flow of pot to those States because they have entire fields once used for food crops growing pot instead. What happened when we decided to put cold medicine behind the counter because it was being used to make meth, the Mexican cartel's said thank you and increased the amount of meth they sent in because in Mexico you can buy the stuff needed to make meth in 50 gallon drums. You know what happened when we started making it more difficult to get things like oxycontin, yep you guessed it, thank you. The only people you're helping with this crap is the Mexican drug cartel's.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

edit on 7-3-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

I see so in your opinion I should have to pay for something your nephew did because you think it would not have happened if was harder for me to get my meds. Did it occur to you that it could also have been prevented with his parents doing a better job raising him. Maybe paying closer attention to him to notice that he was doing that. Maybe not letting him do what he wants when he wants with whoever he wants. It's not that hard to keep kids off drugs. I have 3 kids who never even tried drugs, and all 3 are involved in law enforcement in some way. 1 cop, 1 border patrol, and 1 ADA. Making it harder for ligit people to get needed meds will have the exact same effect that banning pot and coc aine had, NONE.

Thanks for the advice but he’s not my kid. What can I do about it?
Stop blaming people who did not directly hurt you.

You need help with your anger issues. Going around blaming everyone for what happened to you is not right. I did nothing to you and you go off on me, now my nephew who I opened up about.
Do you think I support drug dealing or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join